Just told my relatives at the dinner table that I'm studying latin as a hobby and they laughed at me what the fuck

Just told my relatives at the dinner table that I'm studying latin as a hobby and they laughed at me what the fuck

Your autistic

You should tell them about your love of anal vore.

They're laughing that you thought that would make you look worth anything in their eyes

I kinda don't believe you. Why did they laugh at you, user? And of course you ought to know that you pursue the good things in life for your own sake, not so that you can impress or make people envious at the dinner table.

yeah plenty of people's families are plebs, just don't worry about it

they were laughing because you're just a fag in general, probably had little to do with the latin.

>tfw I'm supposed to go on a blind date with a girl whom knows Latin
>tfw I've been learning useful words and phrases
>tfw I'd never say I'm learning Latin except on an anonymous Azerbijianian Weaving Forum.

>whomst begets roman verse

>That's so cool, user! Tell us more about the roman empire!

>whom knows latin

>who knows Latin

>whom knows Latin

whomst'd knows Latin*

Gotta keep an eye on that grammar there, champ! ;^) especially if she's studying Latin.

>ye whoeth'ed in latin dunnae be a'lackin'

>請給我黑人

fucking lol

>whom'st've knowneth latinus

good

Thats what you get for talking to people.

>Learning French.
>Every time someone finds out they ask me to say stuff in French.
>As soon as I try, and whenever I pronounce words as correctly as possible they burst out laughing.
>Now just hide it from everyone.

Why the FUCK do people have to stigmatise language learning so much? Why do they have to make me so self conscious?

I guess people are weirded out by it now that second languages have become less common. Back in the day there were all those private school dudes who knew English, French, German and Latin and that was just normal.

> Why the FUCK do people have to stigmatise language learning so much?

They don't, you're clearly just so autistic its laughable

What is autistic about saying something in French because someone asked you to say something in French?

Nothing that's the point. It must be your weird looking face or mannerisms they're laughing at

Fuck you. Girls do ask about your stupid hobbies if they're interested

>if they're interested

That's a big if
But yeah they'd love to hear Chad talk about Claudius I

study _THIS_

*uncorks cock*

Plato told you to expect this from cave dwellers.

>whom'st'd've'da knewn latin

Because you sound like a pretentious cunt

Until you can speak latin you'll always be that guy pretending to look smart by studying latin.

The real truth here is probably two-fold: They are intellectually insecure and you are a little bit autistic.

you should've laughed at yourself with them and said some self-deprecating joke to smooth it all over. now you just look like you take yourself too seriously.

They think you are a pseud

They asked you to say something in French hoping that it would make you sound gay.

You said something in French and looked incredibly gay while doing it. So they laughed. The trick had worked.

The late Rome or the very early Rome is what all the cool kids are interested in

Because French is gay. Not your fault, fellow anonymouse poster.

>studying latin for Greekaboo Empire
>not studying it for middle-age theology and renaissance

>tfw studying esperanto so I can read those whomsd't have mastered philosophy.

>whomre

This thread is proof that the Burger Empire needs to be destroyed.

I tell people I am learning latin, literally no one has laughed at me.
In fact my mum learnt latin at school and my colleagues are all healthcare professionals so latin is a big part of our job (since doctors instructions are sometimes written in latin)
My gf also sees how much fun I have learning latin so she is happy for me.

You just need to surround yourself with better people.

>You just need to surround yourself with better people.

they're his relatives, m8. he can't.

He should just kill himself then

that seems the next logical option, yes.

>who knows Latin

>I guess "people" are weirded out by it now that the working class is considered people

>a girl's whomb knows latin

>latin
That wont get you a job, not like Spanish.

Quis cognovit latinam?

Who did you shoot in the head? Who refers to a person.

To whom does this gun belong? Whom refers to an object, i.e. the gun.

It's easy.

Who understood latin???

'Who has learned latin' - and since having learned something is to know it now:
>quis cognovit linguam rei publicae?

I can imagine how it went down
>OP taps glass with a knife
>"Ecce, pater and mater. I have embarked on a linguistic journey through the land of Latium. Or, as my digital interlocutors would amusingly say, 'resuming with the Romans'" *smirks wryly*
>"What's that son, talkin' about your faggy books again? When are you gonna start looking for a job?"
>*OP pulls on his turtle neck*
>"W-well I'm adopting a bohemian lifestyle because I value intellectual enrichment over material gain"
>*Relatives laugh uproariously*

6/10 almost bit

kekd

this
lmaoo

who'm's't've're'de's'ing'ly knows latin

Such is life in America, land of the free (from education).