Never read a book before, where do I start?

Never read a book before, where do I start?

Other urls found in this thread:

interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start with Dostoievski, Hanamaru

Start with the egyptians

Start with the turks

The Silmarillion

Non-meme answer :
Camus - The stranger.

Short and easy to read.

The Young ones, specifically.

Watch anime instead

Start with the Geeks

>ywn be the Heidegger to her Arendt
>she's not even real she's just a drawing and you will always be alone

Watch Love Live Sunshine and love her even more

Start with the Greeks.

I will be lynched for saying this, but I consider genre fiction or YA books to be a good place to start if you don't have a reading habbit. Now people look down on these kinds of books for not having enough substance or not beeing patrician enough, but most people jump straight into masterpieces when starting to read.

With all this said, start with something you find interesting. What movies/games/anime do you like?

This place isn't like /mu/ or /a/ or whatever. You delve right into the classics and you'll understand nothing. You need to be a bit discerning when approaching literature.
Good entry level literature includes
>Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut
>Catcher in the Rye by Salinger
>Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald
>Cannery Row by Steinbeck

Any of these are perfect starting places. Don't let Veeky Forums shame you into thinking otherwise. They are simple yet filled to the brim with substance that will kindle a long lasting love of literature.

This

Why did you spoiler anime but not games? They're equally bad.

The Great Escape
Papillon
Drive

Dark Souls
Mount & Blade: Warband
Final Fantasy IX

Kino's Journey
Casshern Sins
Planetes

no, start with the georgians

Start on the first page and then work your way towards the last one.

>Not starting with the Akkadians
Plebs

exactly.

Hanamaru is my waifu

Start with the greeks you fucking retard,

brush up on your grade school grammar books. Then write all of your kinkiest fucking fantasies about rich men into BDSM. Self publish. Instant bestseller.

Read everything on this list: interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

>never read a book before, where do i start?

Dam what a cutie, is sunshine worth watching if I dropped the original out of boredom halfway through season 2 ? Anyway I for sure second Cannery Row. Siddhartha, Into the Wild, and Inherent Vice are also way chill and pretty smooth to read.

It depends on the person really. They're a good gateway for people who do enjoy them but other people read them and get the impression that books are just inferior movies.

I'd disagree.
The only YA I'd tell him to consider is the Inheritance cycle, and that's arguably not YA and verging into normal fantasy.
I suggest a very entry-level work like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey or maybe Catcher? I'd say Cuckoo's Nest is a fun book to read, perfect for anybody above 18 to get into reading and especially analaysing.

what are your favorite tv shows, movies, albums, and hobbies op?

>paolini
no

start with stuff they teach in highschool op, odyssey, beowulf, catcher in the rye, classic stuff that isn't too hard to read

>Not Paolini
If you can suggest any better YA I'm open.

YA is trash, and those books are poorly written, mostly stolen, and they wouldn't have gotten published if his parents didn't have a fucking publishing company. The only reason it got any publicity is because of his age when he wrote it. If OP wanted fantasy he'd be much better off going with Tolkien and like I said before Beowulf since all modern fantasy is pretty much ripped from Tolkien and beowulf was one of his big inspirations.

Funnily enough we're agreeing with each other a lot here. I only replied to say he shouldn't read YA and that if he must he should consider the Inheritance cycle as it's pure entry level. I also said he should start with some simple lit like Catcher or Cuckoo's Nest, high school books.
Sure if you're going for fantasy hit Tolkien, I just wouldn't choose any of his works as my babby's first book. Maybe later on. Inheritance would be a pretty good set up for it too, mainly because it is heavily ripped off from LotR.

Damn you is pleb as fuck niggggggaaaaaa

short stories and myths/legends

Sage user be sage indeed.