I know this might sound like a silly troll quesion but I am serious:

I know this might sound like a silly troll quesion but I am serious:

Why does poop have to be so gross? Why couldn't our bodies convert energy in a clean way that would not leave a toxic mass? Did evolution just not care because the animals weren't complaining? Is there a biological reason why it's impossible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TzN-uIVkfjg?t=2m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why couldn't our bodies convert energy in a clean way that would not leave a toxic mass?
>Is there a biological reason why it's impossible?
Entropy

It's only 'toxic' to you, for bacteria, plants, fungi and numerous vertebrate and invertebrate species it's a nutrient goldmine.

And as for why it's toxic to humans, it's because it's waste. It's all the things your body doesn't want, so leaving anything in it that would be biologically valuable to you would reduce your fitness as an organism, and lead to that trait being selected against - and having the components that are excreted stay in your body would eventually poison you, with the same evolutionary result.

>It's all the things your body doesn't want, so leaving anything in it that would be biologically valuable to you would reduce your fitness as an organism

Wouldn't it be possible for it to be not biologically valuable but also not toxic?

I'm afraid not

Eating your own shit is not toxic as long as you are healthy

>Why does poop have to be so gross?
Eye of the beholder.
Shit is shit.
We find it gross because people who weren't born with the tendency to find it gross were more likely to contract some disease through contact with it.
Darwin does the rest.

This is wrong and not how the tongue works.

My guess; eating shit makes you sick regardless of its taste, therefore natural selection resulted in humans with toxic shit living over non toxic shit due to the toxicity acting as a warning.

Think of like how they used to make factory-used alcohol taste terrible/toxic during the prohibition so that people wouldn't drink it.

Just a guess from a non-bio major.

>This is wrong
How so?
>eating shit makes you sick regardless of its taste, therefore natural selection resulted in humans with toxic shit living over non toxic shit due to the toxicity acting as a warning.
Assuming you think "toxic" means "gross", you're just restating what I already said.

>they used to make factory-used alcohol taste terrible/toxic during the prohibition so that people wouldn't drink it.
They gave it a high methanol content so it would be dangerous to drink.
Nasty taste alone won't keep people from drinking booze.

Hey there Australian shitposter.

Am I an Aussie or am I Canadian?

Some people liked eating shit, some didn't. People who did got sick and died. People who didn't had babies who also didn't like eating shit.

It's "good enough" to provide nourishment for you. What's left helps other things survive which can end up as more food for you (directly or indirectly).
Plus a big portion of your shit consists of bacteria. There's 2 kg of bacteria in your intestine at any given time (unless you've flushed your system). Another big chunk is just fiber, i.e. stuff you can't convert into energy because you lack the appropriate bacteria and/or other facilities in your digestive tract.
And also, the bacterial flora in your intestine is a very personal thing and varies a lot between people. So even if ingesting your own shit was a good idea (protip: it isn't), ingesting other people's shit would still be bad.

I recommend reading "Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ". It's quite enjoyable to read and gives some insight.

For the same reason the smell of rotting food is repulsive to us. We learned over time that eating the things that may make us sick usually comes with a nasty taste as well. And like the other user, to those who didnt find it nasty, they probably got sick and died out, takin their tendencies to eat shit with them.

>We learned over time that eating the things that may make us sick usually comes with a nasty taste as well. And like the other user, to those who didnt find it nasty, they probably got sick and died out

why do we still eat pussy tho

the poop itself isn't even toxic. the problem is all the bacteria that might infect you

this is how Veeky Forums works

>not how the tongue works

youtu.be/TzN-uIVkfjg?t=2m32s

Because it is delicious

Our poop is toxic to us, and will harm us/get us sick if we eat it. If it were to look appetizing, we might eat it, and thus we would get sick. Therefore to prevent us from eating it, it smells, looks, and probably tastes disgusting.

Not enough people die from faeces related diseases before reproducing for it to be a strong enough evolutionary pressure that we would evolve ways to neutralize its toxic components.

Same reason we have obesity and poor eyesight

Disgust is an evolutionary adaptation to intice avoidance of infectious material

Its toxic so your stupid ass doesnt try to eat it.

You have genetic behaviors. These behaviors are either helpful or not harmful enough to kill you. You have behaviors for all kinds of situations including famine.

Our brain let's us override many behaviors, but most of the time you are acting in a manner that doesn't conflict with behavioral desires.

>Have cut on mouth
>Use rubbing alcohol
Big mistake

If your Flora is suppressed a small amount of other people's shit can improve Flora recovery. But that is rare and medical professionals figure out the details.

Brainlets that eat pussy are still being thinned out