Dispute this

>muh suffering
>muh mysterious russian soul

This will get you all the ladies on /r/books, champ.

this. Fatalism doesn't necessarily make good literature.

Also I'm a continental European but we generally like english lit the most, the local stuff (belgium) is pretty mediocre.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that because something is obscure, it requires a higher intellect, user.

>my shitty taste are representative of 500m people
Fuck off, retard. Also calling Russian lit 'obscure' is delusional. Try not living in bumfuck nowhere.

>muh american dream
>muh failure of american dream
Literally the only two themes in entirety of americuck lit

Change continental Europe and Russian and you are right

What ho, dear readers! It appears as though a conspicuous absence in the OP has allowed me to exploit and promote a certain personal bias. What possible consequences will this have, I wonder?

idk let see

name the best novels written after 1945

you *might* notice something

Russian lit is pretty overrated

Yeah sure you got Tolstoy and Dostoevsky big whoop

Thats like less than one century of good stuff and the rest nobody really cares about

>muh only 5 good novels

Oho. Ho ho ho. Standing by to screencap what will no doubt prove to be some epic bread.

>dispute this
Moby Dick.

>I'm too mentally handicapped to read anything beyond Veeky Forums memes

>Only Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.

Fuck off. There are countless god-tier Russian authors.

Americans think BLOOD MERIDIAN is a fucking masterpiece. Its the most highly overrated piece of literature in the world.

Turgnev and Chekhov are good but Pushkin is overrated.

Certainly not worth learning Russian to read.

Nabokov, Platonov?

Nabokov wrote in English.

Where do you fucking retards even come from? Pushkin is one of the few legitimate reasons to learn Russian. His absolutely God-tier command of language is why he's so revered and of course all of it is lost in translation. Reading Memestoyevsky and other novelists translated might not give you 95% instead of 100%, but poetry is a whole other story. Reading translated poetry in any language is retarded and only worth for epics, where plot is actually the worthier part.

I don't know man, Pushkin has had 0 impact on literature outside of Russia.

> Pushkin has had 0 impact on literature outside of Russia.
Except for, you know, being a major progenitor for romanticism as a literary movement in European and British literature.

Delete your account

>Europe

>muh cold
>muh wars
>muh superfluous man
Literally the only three themes in the entirety of russyuck lit

Absolutely agree, but once you get into non-meme American lit theres some real good stuff no one really knows about

>forgetting Lermontov

>the beauty of Pushkin is in the language
>I dunno man he had no impact on non-russian speaking world
kys yourself

Goethe.

>Muh wild west era.
>Muh Great Depression.
>Muh dust bowl.
>Muh slaves.
>Muh Civil War stories.

And add Japanese lit between European and Russian.

>Leaving out all the Northern naturalists
>Leaving out non-Civil War Southern Gothic lit
>Leaving out literally anything written after 1935

Those strawman comics are embarassing.

They're po-mo.

Shaka Zulu did nothing wrong

>Leaving out all the subpar trash
Here, I wrapped it up for you.

(you)

And?

This one is bad because it's too long winded, the lefty ones are always like this
If you cut it down to like a third of that t would be much better

So he belongs to an Anglo-American tradition of writers

Kafka is considered a German writer, Conrad a Brit, Nabokov and American

This one too
You can honestly cut out the entire second and third section
Maybe add a short blurb about >60% white at the end

Nabokov is as much American as he is Russian. Nobody in their sane mind considers Kafka a German writer.

>ceski stronk!

>Also I'm a continental European but we generally like english lit the most
Fuck off, French and Italian literature and poetry are literally the best.

>German speaker who wrote in German
>not a German writer
really nukes my noggin

Is The Brothers Karamazov worth a read? Is it as good as everyone says?

there
much better already

He was an Austrian Czech. Nobody ever calls him German except for mentally handicapped Amerifats. Source: am living in Germany.

Fixed your chart, familia.

One of, if not the biggest literary accomplishment in the story of humankind. Read it fag

English

Dem greeks ?

>I don't read: the post

>languages define nationality
Whoa m8. Does it mean americans are fucked? There's no american language

Sage reddit threads

>he thinks sage is downvote
*tips*

"I cannot understand how you can be entertained by such simple fare-- tales which might have amused one's boyhood, of soldiers, and camps, villains, gallant heroes, and horses galloping over the wide open spaces, and tucked away in a suitable corner a beautiful maiden of about seventeen years of age to be rescued at a suitable moment... The Captain's Daughter... there was not a pin's worth of intellect in it... Tolstoy... did much the same thing but on a grander scale... [Pushkin] lived like a boy, wrote like a boy, and died like a boy... [Captain's Daughter] good for its period... people have become more complicated nowadays." – James Joyce

>reading comprehension
Language doesn't define nationality, language does put limits and bounds on who can belong to what literary tradition

>ctrl+f
>0 results for Turgenev
I hope everyone in this thread except me gets some kind of STD

"I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her." – James Joyce
There actually was a mention of Turgnev earlier in the thread, you liar

You know it's true.

I too enjoy inserting the torah and gospels into my asshole

>pomo fartsniffer derides the greats
Wew. What a surprise. Also kekking at his critique of middle school reading for not being "intellectual".

Prove it.

prov't

People spelled it wrong, but yeah, you're a faggot

Wait for the baby boomers to die off

>waiting instead of taking this matter into your own hands

>Implying current generations can write

>le everything is bad meme

*brushes teeth*
*laces boots*
*grabs gun*
*loads gun*
*cocks gun*
*bursts through door*
*cocks gun*

let do this...

Post some good current generation authors and then I'll shut up

Seems like both of you are retarded because I said the following:
>CTRL+F >>>TURGENEV

>being autistic enough to type out the full name when only turg will ever be needed

sounds like your problem

>tfw turgnev is actually an alternate spelling

psssh...nothin personnel...kid...

>I need to make a point through green text because I'm uneducated baboon and everyone who happens to be more educated than me is an autist
"ok"

No.

It's been more than ten minutes user
You still googling?

>>I need to make a point through green text because I'm uneducated baboon and everyone who happens to be more educated than me is an autist
>"ok"

>>ironically greentexting
>better or worse than unironically green-texting
>>>>projecting intellectual insecurities
>>defending a silly inefficiency in your ctrl+f search
>>>>>>>>wow, you seem to really have it together, user, I sure do feel intellectually and morally inferior to you, my anonymous friend. If only I had had had had the foresight to also waste my time getting mad about something that wasn't actually an issue all to better cultivate my image as an expert on and aficionado of Russian lit on this, the ANONYMOUS image board site Veeky Forums.org, and its literature section, /lit

didn't read

*doesn't read

>implying anyone will bother to spoonfeed him

touche

What did you even mean by this post

yeah that's an accurate summation of Melville, Faulkner, O'Connor, and Anderson. you're totally not a pseud faggot