Normal?

How normal is it to think crazy and go into "JUST" mode after you get the wheels chugging down semester. I am studying non-stop and doing hw/labs and it feels like days are not seperatable. Like, if it wasn't for my phone alarms I would have no idea when the next day started. I been getting like 6 hours of sleep per night. I
t. mech eng student 2nd semester

>stuggling this much as a freshman
Rev up that mcjob application, buddy.

I meant 2nd year not 2nd semester. My bad.

you gotta rest, atleast one day

I know what you mean dude. Same for me as a 2nd year mech student. Inb4 autistic purefag screeching

KEK I wanted a real response not a fairytale.

Do a little at a time. I always do a little work and then switch back to goofing off on the internet. It's the only way I can get a lot done in a day and stay sane.

Well this is my free time now. Veeky Forums is the only thing I have that keeps me sane which for a normie would probably turn me insane.

It only gets worse, but at least you'll get that sweet $45k a year salary when you graduate, right? :^)

t. recent ME graduate

Dear word that's lower than your average ME grad. How did you fuck up so hard? Is your job at least easy?

$45k-$55k is typical for new grads. There's a glut of engineers after Boeing laid off 25% of their engineering workforce, all of whom were very senior with 10+ years of experience.

Reeeee

Should I just......end it? or worse, switch to *gasps* math?

Fuck it, I'll switch to civil. US is bound for infrastructure investment with all the illegals the are bringing in and how black siwll just burn a few more cities to the ground be they diddin do nuttin.

Switch to finance. Engineering is shit because the (((banks))) have cannibalized our industry for a quick profit.

>6 hours
4-5 hours would be bad, but 6, I mean, dude, a lot of people do 6 hours for years and don't complain like little bitches.
Anyways, you should learn to get it done instead of perfect. If you are aiming for career in academia, then you gotta study. If you wanna succeed in industry learn to learn fast and just as much as needed, no more.

Not OP, but geez yeah I hate only getting it done, but it's been necessary lately.

To be fair, sleep necessity is largely genetic. Some people can get by just fine on six hours of high-quality (emphasis on high-quality) sleep, while others are going to be left in a permanently fatigued state if they get anything less than 8-9 hours.

lol. Thanks Bonald Brump.

See . Understand the concepts and know that what you're being taught is years behind current industry. The job you get will ask you to apply the concepts you learned in college, not how to find the second partial derivative of a function. So if you're given a black box and your boss asks you to find the transfer function in it, you don't break open the fucking thing and start reducing the 10000 circuit elements. You throw an input into it and read the output and then divide them. Concepts.

>Mech engineers get paid less than soon-to-be automated bean counters