A..user, is your math good enough to go to the same university with me?

My highs school crush is better with math than I am, and she went to a better university. Veeky Forums, is your math good enough to go to a U Chink or are you all words with no math?

I post translated math problems from gaokao, the annual college entrance exams in China. Full mark is 150. Here is the first part. See how rusty your high school math is.

Gaokao Math has two versions. Students who want to enter science, technology, agriculture and medicine majors must choose a harder version of math exam.

Provinces in China can choose to make their own exams or use a centrally made one. This is the 2003 exam, nationwide edition.

Total time is 2 hours. The first part of multiple choices is usually finished in 30 minutes.

European Veeky Forumsentists may find it familiar, especially those from Soviet bloc nations. Burgers however...

Burger here. If you go to any large high school in a 95% white suburb, this would be considered easy.

why are asian women so cute, uhhh fuck.

it doesnt get better OP, wait until you run into the woman with 160 IQ that is better than you at everything.

Im a burger that took the easy math classes in HS. You know, the class full of slackers, retards, and druggies. I can do most of these, not all, but most. 141 IQ helps though.

Japan's entrance exams are harder, which is funny considering they don't have students to go to their unis.

Is 9, c?

Most of these are very easy problems worded in a way to make them kind of obtuse. Burgers would have an issue with the presentation of the problem, but not the actual calculation. I could solve all of these with no difficulty, but then again I have a math degree.

This. Rich high school district alum reporting in

It's funny to watch pretentous Europeans hype themselves up by comparing themselves to illiterate blacks lmao.

It would be like: hur hur these gypsies are so fucking stupid, school in France must be a joke hur

They're lying too. I went to a rich suburban mostly white high school, and on top of that it was near a prestigious university. So we're talking the children of eminent scientists. The exams were far easier than this and not a chance in hell anybody but the handful of autistic Ashkenazim that also went there would be able to answer these questions without special test prep.

I go to grad school with a lot of them. Good at class, not neccessarily the best at research. Or application. Moral of the story: don't drive over a bridge they were hired to oversee the construction for.

The phenotype is not satiated by these questions... DON'T waste my time, you brainlet.

am I allowed to use a calculator?

>which is funny considering they don't have students to go to their unis.
What? You make it sound like there are no students in their schools, which is completely bollocks.

I failed high school math. I haven't a fucking clue.

>the eqauation of this parabola is given by
>all hyperbola equations

>Okay, question 1.
>It's limited to the first three quadrants and cos(x) is positive, so x must be in quadrant one. The angle must be close to the x axis since it's so close to being one.
>Double the angle and we stay in quadrant one, but are closer to the y axis.
>tan(x) has to be positive since cos(x) and sin(x) are positive
>No idea if we're so close enough to the y-axis that sin(x) > cos(x) or cos(x) > sin(x).
>sin(x) > cos(x) is more confusing, so it's probably the right answer
>guess C
>check
>Oh, it's right. I guess I'm not a brainle-
>conic sections
Fuck that shit.

Also, the A and B answers to number 4 are shit.

I am quite old guy, learned that stuff when post soviet did not hamburgerized our schools yet. That stuff was very easy when i had my uni exams, those were counted as 1 point. And difficulty went up to 10pts.
For entry exams to college such stuff was average. And yes back then calculators were NOT allowed on exams. Neither were any formulas. All we had was pen and paper. We were required at leas 2/3rd of points for passing exam, it was to get LOWEST passable score.

who cares, gril in pic is ugly anyways

Wow, that's rude.

OP here. Keys to Multiple Selection
DCDA-CBCD-DCBA

More to CUM

> WISH I COULD TURN BACK TIME
> TO THE EUCLIDEAN DAYS

Do you have DAT PHENOTYPE to calculate the typhoon's range?

> chinky muh son
> you have 2 choices
> are you going to finish these two hardest math questions and become a glorious PURE SCIENCE MAJOR
> or panic for the last 30 minutes because you are destined to be a filthy ENGINE-ear?

>they got two letter grades above mine but i wasn't trying anyways xd

I pay the proctor $50 and score 150

>question 13
honestly fuck that shit, that's not a hard question by any stretch of the word, it's just unbearably tedious. It wouldn't be a chink school without bullshit "standards" like that though.

>not using binomial theorem
wtf

>thinks a $50 is enough

Sorry to hear you come from a poor family. Proctors don't.

You need to get at least B's in grad school to stay in the program.

I dont know is it supposed to be impressive?

Why not just pick some obscure area of math or reasoning and put that on your test to impress everyone not from your country?

Of course this is shit africans and subhumans could hardly ever do but it's not really proof of anything. I'd be more impressed if the test was comp sci related questions to make algorithms to solve various math problems.

>my crush
you are a creep and its not going to work out

if she was your gf and you were trying to go to the same college it would be understandable, though it could be a sign of codependency or mistrust in that situation

basically you are a loser

It’s for those on this board who think they are hot shit yet can’t even do HS level math. Or those who need to do some mundane prob to jog their nog