So, what do we thing of new Torment? It's clearly lit, but is it lit approved?

So, what do we thing of new Torment? It's clearly lit, but is it lit approved?

>video games
>lit

Hum...

It's shit.
Purple prose shit.

>he is unaware that Planescape: Torment was the closest video games have been or ever will be to art

I cba with games trying to be literary. Fuck waiting for the text to scroll or the voice actors to read it out. If I'm reading, I'm in the zone, just text. I don't want to have to stop every now and then to walk some dude around the screen and break the immersion. Vidya can be high concept but vidya trying to be "literary" by adding pages of dialogue can fuck right off.

wideo games have never been, are not, and will never be lit.

Pathologic

It doesn't need walls of text to be Veeky Forums, movies can be Veeky Forums too.

>not taking alighere or whatever the guy was called with you
you out of the getgo made the least lit choice you could have done

...and the punchline

Apparently people here have shitty taste. As I remember there were plenty of threads praising some sub par games.

It's fine if you like reading shitty sci-fi / fantasy novels.

>will never be
You can't imagine great artists coming together to make great artful games? There's been games like Planescape but you can still do much better, vidya haven't reached their golden age yet.
Games are too difficult and expensive to make, combining so many things that have to fit together. It's impossible to achieve something remarkable when it's a job in the vidya market and you have a deadline and jewish businessmen supervising everything.

>I cba with games trying to be literary.

This. They'll always be a pale imitation of literary merit at best. Absolutely pointless. The best you could hope for is genrefic tier schlock..

Mostly video games are a waste of time. But I'm not some hardliner who'd mock a person for playing some in their downtime on occasion.

No it sucks. Game's short and while the world is odd it lacks a lot of substance. You just click through the dialogue (which is just a rip off of Planescape) then you tell the Sorrow to fuck off and you're done. Just get Planescape: Torment or Tyranny (playing as a missionary of Yahweh or an apostate) and skip this.

But, I wanted to know the Truth guys... :( I am regretting it now, simply because her sprites shimmers all the time.

But I do like to do that!

It's only that I can only take a fair amount of that... Never finished Planescape just because I got bored of it. I'm having fun with this one for now, though.

Are you not playing as a maxed intellect Nano with Scan Thoughts? What a dipshit. Enjoy only 1/3 the content.

you would´d have lost the truth guys if you had taken him
and by god that shimmering is the most obnoxious thing i can imagine

i can not imagine how anyone could play any way that is not "The way it´s meant to be played"(tm)
there´s just so much stuff in the thoughts it is like they intended you to play that way

I don't know how Erritis would work without Scan Thoughts. It seems weird to have a companion character whose major plot point is totally obscured if you didn't pick an ability available to one class.

Video games are a waste of time.

Sure, but games that try to be Veeky Forums generally are dialogue and exposition heavy. I'm just saying it's better to deal with high concept stuff in a way that suits the medium rather than stuffing it with text that takes away from enjoyment of the game. It's not really about being Veeky Forums in that case, it's about atmosphere and storytelling appropriate to the medium.

That's funny.

is Breath of the wild Veeky Forums?

my guess would be he´d be that one weird comic relieve idiot
but yeah it´s a weird choice to remove it from every non nano with scan thoughts
though it does add to replayability especially if for the first time you play without it

This is true.

A clever consumerist product.

He wasn't sure of which direction to go, he'd forgotten both where he was travelling to... and who he was. He remembered absolutely nothing. He suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: "Now your third wish. What will it be?"

"Third wish?" The man was baffled. "How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?"

"You've had two wishes already," the hag said, "but your second wish was for you to forget everything you know." She cackled at the poor old man. "So it is that you have one wish left."

"All right," he said hesitantly, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in trying. I wish I knew who I truly am."

"Funny," said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. "That was your first wish..."

-Morte, a story telling skull from Planescape torment

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Doesn't this story existed before that game?

Planescape was so much better. What a journey.

Fuck you, I was just going to see her.

Nevermind. It just happened that I read this as a creepypasta before. I didn't know it was from planescape.

Oh dear...

What about tabletop RPGs?

At least you socialize and use your imagination so I guess it's ok.

Did you pick the worst piece of writing in it on purpose? Genuine question. I haven't looked at that game but wouldn't have expected it to be so bad.

It's a joke... Shesh, what do you read all day, dictionaries?