Gender Studies are a hard science. Prove me wrong

Gender Studies are a hard science. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't

>hard
i don't think you know what that means.

You can't

how do i find out which of the 36 genders i am? should I give them my foreskin or a liter of my blood? test my ancestry for africans too with that

pseudo science on a par with creationism

You can't even define for me what it means to be a 'hard science,' therefore your claim cannot be supported, and you cannot be proven wrong.

QED.

Ever heard a land whale say the word hypothesis. they start with the conclusion and work backwards.

>hard science

Are you talking via movie genres?

>Gender Studies are a hard science. Prove me wrong.
>Protip: You can't
Implying the burden of proof isn't on you to prove that gender studies is a hard science

back to

Gender studies does not make use of the scientific method at all.

Your move.

This moron said Africa isn't causing global warming, when fucking SCIENCE says they're the #1 continent for causing it.

what

trannies make my dick hard, therefore the study of trannies is a hard science

Hard begin social construction base on toxic masculinity and erection.

Prove me wrong begin logic hyper masculine black and white thinking using to discourage minors begin on power position.

Gender Studies begin new perspective on studies, outside patriarchy culture, means things like logic, true, science begin reanalysis using parsimonia,emotional,social,gut feel,open mind approach over hyper masculine scientific method.

He said they just burn a little gas stove and whatnot, but:

Behind planes and ships, Africa causes the most carbon emissions.

They burn a ton of fossil fuels.

If we're going by continent it's gotta be Asia or North America

Nope, Africa.

How? China is the largest ghg emittor followed closely by the US
I don't think Africa's industrial sector is comparable to other more developed continents
Obviously I don't know stats off the top of my head

What even the fuck are they doing over there? They've burnt far more than historical levels of Europe, USA and China, since the 80s.

Check that global weather map too. It's literally one big white blob over Sub-Sahara Africa.

Even if that was true (which I doubt) most of the damage was done in the initial industrial revolution (all that coal England burned)

>What even the fuck are they doing over there?
Lynching.

When the goal posts keep moving, definitions change every other day, facts and statistics are non-existent and those that exist are either jokes or get thrown out, and it's Americancentric as fuck, no shit it's fucking hard.

lmfao, I hope you're not implying Africa is higher because it's on top of the others on the graph

That graph literally shows Africa is the lowest CO2 emitter.

I dont get why the infinite number of genders is a thing now and not then. When i took biology in college there were 2, obviously to them its a lot more.

Why is this pseudo science now trying to debunk i what learned in college a few years ago and not then?

Lmao put me in the screencap

I sure hope this is exactly what it looks like.

Fucking kek

Just cause it's higher doesn't mean it's the most you fucking aspie

>It's at the top so it's the highest
I_want_to_believe.jpg

Damn this is exactly what happened with the food pyramid with fats/oils being at the top so the usda had the change it

>Gender Studies
I seriously anyone who wasted time studied that non-career ends up flipping burgers.

They aren't; they are pushing an idea which has no place in science (or society for that matter), because they have divided gender and sex. To them, sex is your biological gender, and gender is how you identify. It is truly anti-science, because the concept is so poorly identified that you cannot falsify or criticise it.

I can't

The distinction is based on factual observations regarding certain social constructs. It's a useful concept in anthropology and sociology, among other fields. Obviously it's impossible to disprove someone when they say they "feel" like this or that gender. But the existence of gender as a concept related to but distinct from biological sex is pretty much indisputable fact.

Gender studies is a hard science like theology is a hard science.

this made me laugh really hard

Only you can tell us your gender, it's impossible for us to assume it. Your gender is whatever you happen to feel like

This
It is impossible to isolate environment from biology, and therefore the division between sex and gender is not strongly supported.
It is wrong to assume that all of our social constructs exist solely because of society. As I've said above, biology always plays a role. Why do boys play rough and girls play with dolls? Well, that's not always true, but boys are biologically more inclined to enjoy rough play due to pre-natal testosterone exposure.

Since we are on the discussion of whether degrees are sciences or not
What does Veeky Forums think of forensic science

Maybe in Israel foreskin science is considered a science

It's similar to medicine, whereas you aren't actively researching, but rather applying what is known to your relevant field. So, yeah it's still a science

>It is wrong to assume that all of our social constructs exist solely because of society.
I wouldn't really call that an assumption, I'd say it's part of the definition. No society, no social constructs. Without a concept of gender we could still make observations like yours but we wouldn't have a framework to fit them in.

There would be a framework to fit my observation in. The framework would be the binary category of male vs. female. What I am inferring is that it is WRONG to differentiate sex and gender, as the two words mean the same.

As for social constructs, I was inferring that there are very few (if any) true "social constructs" in regard to sex/gender. Most differences we see between men and women have arisen from the interaction between biology and society, and not SOLELY from society or SOLELY from biology.

>What I am inferring is that it is WRONG to differentiate sex and gender, as the two words mean the same.
Right, well, they don't. Because while you only mention "inclinations," you have nevertheless categorised rough play as a masculine form of play, even though girls are very well capable of it. Just because there is a biological underpinning, that doesn't mean it isn't a social construct. Gender, in the end, is intangible.

When i equated boys to rough play i said that it's not always true. This is something that is statistically true. The term sex is enough to differentiate between the two. I don't understand your insistence to use the word gender as holding a different semantinc meaning

Thanks for the laugh, /pol/

I identify as a hyper sensible pseud
My subject pronoun is the entirety of Infinite Jest including the footnotes and my object pronoun is the first 100 digits of [math] pi [/math]
Is that alright?