Are computer science students to mathematicians like engineers are to physicists...

Are computer science students to mathematicians like engineers are to physicists? Most of them seem like massive faggots to me

no its actually worse
cs only applies the most basics of mathamatics
at least thats how it is for undergrad

No, applied math is to mathematics like engineering is to physics.

computer science students either become mathematicians or software engineers, physicists are useless all they do is idolize work someone else did decades ago.

Undergrad CS students only know basic math and can struggle with simple applications of the Pumping Lemma or any problem that requires calculus or linear algebra. Engineers are supposed to know calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, Fourier series/transforms, Laplace transforms, Cauchy's Integral Theorem (statement only), how to compute integrals using the residue theorem. Physics majors are more likely to actually know these things but at least nominally they know the same amount of math.

Any graduate CS class like Combinatorics, Advanced Algorithms, Complexity Theory is filled with international students, math grad students in combinatorics whose advisor told them to take it, and undergradate math students, because CS undergrads in the US are such brainlets.

computer science is purer than physics

YES YES YES
100000% correct

im a cs brainlet and i can say this is 100% true
6th year and im still got maybe a 1-1.5 years left
srly just kill me

what about CS undergrads in Canada?

OP here.

I'm in Canada and all I can say about them is that they're massive faggots

what school brainlet

A certain applied "mathematician" did not even know that the real numbers are uncountable. Another applied "mathematician" did not know that e^(πi)=-1. Another did not know that if you are operating mod a product of L primes, a number can have 2^L square roots. Another worked in machine learning but did not know what "variance" is.

UW nigga

>Another did not know that if you are operating mod a product of L primes, a number can have 2^L square roots
who the fuck cares about an obscure fact like this?

>le epic e^(πi)=-1 equation
oh, you're meming

lol same here, you stay at V1 or UWP bro? I'm in CS at UW, stay mad.

>oh, you're meming
Every math student should know what this equation is

How long until computer science is divided into a theoretical and applied dichotomy?

There is a difference between knowing how to spell and use proper grammar, and knowing how to write a masterpiece.

Where I went to school, the undergrad CS bunch was mostly the anime and vidya game kids. You could spot their fedoras from a mile away.

>Its another retarded freshman frotposter who thinks CS is writing pretty webpages with faggotscript-on-rails whateverthefuck

>Spend 4 years studying math, physics and multiple kinds of engineering
>Create systems to complete tasks
"Well i can't see it so it's not real engineering"

>massive faggots
How are engineers faggots? I don't even think homosexual engies even exist.

Chem E are chads
Biomed E are hipsters
Mechanical E are farmers
Comp E are cheater pajeets

Did I miss anything?

It's already divided like that, and university cs is the former

t. chem E virgin

>chem e are chads
Talking to the ugly chicks at uni doesn’t make you a chad. Chads are weeded out by 3rd year.

And you don't know that which is stated in Euclides, Elements, Book X, Proposition I, so suth the hell up

Hey I'm graduating after 6 years and CS too! Good to know I'm not the only fuck up here

>did I miss anything?
yeah, EE masterrace

holy shit Veeky Forums has changed since I was a freshman
back then the most popular jokes were just saying that engineers suck cocks all the time
literally half the engineers I know are virgins or closet homos

What are civil?

face it OP, theoretical computer science is for real niggas and you're not a real nigga