People like to crack wise about how Americans love burgers and fries, but let's be candid and casual for a second folks...

People like to crack wise about how Americans love burgers and fries, but let's be candid and casual for a second folks, does anybody seriously dislike burgers and fries? It's so good.

I love burgers, desu most americans and euros are equally insufferable, muricans in a dumb anti-intellectual way and euros in a snobby, cringeworthy way

okay checkers is fucking ambrosia-level food but those fries look like shit. fucking crusty genital infested with hyper-aids like seriously why does that look so unappetizing. I get those fries all the time but holy shit that store needs to be burned down.

I only eat burgers because I grew up on superhero comics where they eat that shit. Same for pizza. It's primitive catering to "simple carbs + fat + umami" shit, no complex flavors or anything. To be fair spaghetti is the same. Fruit/vegetables + protein + unrefined grains + sauce is a much better combination that offers richer aroma instead of just appeasing the taste receptors..

I dislike messy fries like that

so a mcchicken but with a wholegrain bun?

kino

well everytime a McDs opens in some third world shithole theres lines around the block so you tell me

I guess?

burgers and fries are great but there are way too many places that do them. there are places so dense with burger joints that it indicates the local/itinerant population are scared to eat anything else when they're out and about. it is so fucking boring. but fair enough a lot of other american food is total ass and burgers are a superior way of making a satisfying bite of food out of shit ingredients.

Why don't people just cook their own burgers? It's as simple as cooking an egg.

they do. who doesn't?

The fucks who spent 50 bucks a week on fastfood?

No good chains in my country,
I really enjoy a good home made burger though

People are excited about le globalization but leave utterly disappointed because it looks nothing like the depicted burgers and are way overprized for their little size.

Pasta is not good, I'll agree it's good for smelling, but not eating

I'd much rather an italian sausage or some nice meatballs to appreciate a marinara sauce, than pasta, most pasta is unappealing

The only good ones are lasagna and stuffed pastas

>It's as simple as cooking an egg.

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums?

could you be a more pretentious faggot

more aroma compounds does not = better food and your assertion that a burger or pizza has an inherently less 'rich aroma' than your formulation is false. fried or grilled meat, baked bread dough, fermented and infused pickles, fresh vegetables, cheese, sauces, these all make a complex aroma profile.

Are you implying that burgers are hard to make or Veeky Forums can't cook eggs?

>Are you implying that...Veeky Forums can't cook eggs?

Does it require much implication? Half of Veeky Forums couldn't boil water.

This is funny in a "if you're not American, or European your opinion literally doesn't matter" kind of way.

I love burgers and fries, but I despise people who are afraid to eat anything but burgers and fries.

If you've developed some kind of resentment about your love of burgers and fries, what you might want to consider is that it's not people not liking what you like. It's you not liking what they like. There is an important distinction, it means you are basically a manchild that nobody can stand to be around.

Also, the reason sometimes people talk about "Americans" doing this is that when you're in a group of people from different countries (somewhere other than the US), invariably if there's some kind of picky eater manchild who demands to go to McDonalds, it's the American. Most Americans don't do this but if 1 in 10 does, that's enough to give Americans a certain reputation, much like how it only takes 1 in 10 black people eating watermelon and fried chicken on a crowded train during rush hour to give the blacks a certain reputation.

> the reason sometimes people talk about "Americans" doing this is that when you're in a group of people from different countries (somewhere other than the US), invariably if there's some kind of picky eater manchild who demands to go to McDonalds, it's the American.

kek that's such a specific anecdotal statement

i know plenty of italians and english people who pussy out on eating food they don't know or have a weird hangup about

>Half of Veeky Forums couldn't boil water.
That's because half you assholes tell me to boil water at 100 degrees and the other half tells me 212 degrees

kek

don't even bother trying at sea level anyway it takes too long

burgers = wheat = carbs
fries = wheat

Sure, but it's not burgers hence why nobody says "why do bongs love burgers so much". In HK the sweaty britbong expat perverts whine and insist on going to the flying pan for a full english after a traditional night of drinking to the point of ASBO, there was a thread about this a few weeks back and some bonglord got really defensive about it

The thread is about sharts and hamburgers, why would you expect me to have specific anecdotes about bongs or greaseball wops?

I find pressurizing the room helps.

f r i e s = w h e a t

americans are so unused to interacting with people from other places that an innocuous observation about food preferences sets them off on a defensive tirade

embarrassing

Carbs = delicious and great source of energy
What's the problem?

keto or die

you're post = wheat

THE PERFECT ORGANISM

You ketofags are the cancer of Veeky Forums

Nice bandwagon you're riding there
Do they have enough spinners for everyone?

IKR! Junk food is the most underrated thing in the world.

keto to die *

French living in America. I don't like burgers or fries. Burgers are too heavy for my pallet at lunch, and for dinner I'd rather have something else. Fries taste like nothing to me, and tend to be too salty. Also they make me feel tired and sick after.

Are ketofags worse than vegans?

Reddit frog posters are worse.

>claims to be french
>doesn't like FRENCH fries
kys.

Well the burgers didn't like me calling them crisps since I learned English in England. :o/

No you calls fries crisps you fucking retard. The english word for fries is chips

You described a big mac

we don't call them crisps in england. this is on you. also it's fucking palate you smelly cretin.

True but 83% of all burgers are exactly what I described. I'm ok with burgers but for me they're on the same level as kebab or fucking top ramen with some fried pork thrown in. You don't fucking sit there having a tiny piece and having the shit bloom into a butifel flower of taste and aroma, you chew it and feel ketchup and animal fats mostly.

Of course you can make a butifel flower out of anything, it's just some foods are proportionally more kino and some foods are more mayoketchup.

That's obviously what I meant.

I live in America and I only like the burgers I make, however sometimes I usually end up making it a sandwich in burger bread. For fries, I've tried fries with salt and just a little bit of sugar and it had a great taste, but I don't like normal fries.

The burgers would be better if they weren't so big. There is no secret why you guys are so fat.

Dislike a burger and fries? No. But I only eat a burger and fries once or twice a year, because with so many other delicious options out there it just seems like a lazy choice.
>insufferable, muricans in a dumb anti-intellectual way
As an American this has always annoyed me. I've never understood why so many of my countrymen take pride in their ignorance, but it's a tide you just can't turn. It's definitely more of a rural than an urban thing, which is why I choose to live in the city.

probably because they are dumb hicks raised by methheads and church

>wanting less food
And you wonder why your women turn to savages for satisfaction

That and the legacy of being an agrarian frontier nation where higher education was only for the sons of the elite for so much of our history. Eggheads aren't much use on the farm or ranch.

just microwave it for like 5 minutes

Pol memes aside I enjoy USA tier portions whenever I visit however it's literally the reason two thirds of your population are disgusting shits.

Yeah you're right. I lift and eat a lot and even I think our portion sizes are out of control.

I honestly don't like beef that much.

I usually get chicken items at fast food places.

Nobody dislikes fish and chips, either, but you lot rag all over them.

Seriously?

We have multiple seafood chains here.

They're trash though, so I wish we could get the real thing.

Everyone loves burgers.

Bullshit. Agriculture is far safer, more productive, stable and therefore profitable than any other time in history because of technological advances. Get the fug out of here with "muh farm boys"

I'm saying historically that's been the culture in most of the country, and that partially explains the American tendency toward anti-intellectualism. If only the sons of the elite get to be intellectuals the common folk are not going to take a positive view of intellectuals.

>yet another thread started with "so people here like to shit on Americans"
This is why, if you're such awesome dudes why can't you ever grow a pair and not get so hung up on being generally mocked and laughed at that you need to make constant threads about it.