You get in a car crash that's not your fault and you couldn't have avoided

>You get in a car crash that's not your fault and you couldn't have avoided.
>You suffer a brain injury in the crash.
>Your intelligence is lowered enough for you to be unable to do the things you enjoy
>But you're still smart enough to grasp what you've lost
What do would you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifeextension.com/magazine/2015/2/heal-traumatic-brain-injury-with-bioidentical-hormones/page-01
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3104287/
cims.nyu.edu/~griffith/heart_anim/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant
fruitsoftheweb.tumblr.com/archive/filter-by/photo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

happened to my uncle. nothing you can do. his latent alcoholism and depression have since taken off, his wife left him, his son doesnt see him anymore.

note: his intelligence is now on the level of a 4year old and he is on disabilities.

Depends on how stupid I could reasonably pretend to be. Could I convince people I was functionally retarded and incapable of discerning right from wrong? That's a free pass to commit mass murder and walk.

>Could I convince people I was functionally retarded
well, you convinced me!

dude just make new neural connections :^)

lifeextension.com/magazine/2015/2/heal-traumatic-brain-injury-with-bioidentical-hormones/page-01

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3104287/

Walk into the mental house.

>>Your intelligence is lowered enough for you to be unable to do the things you enjoy
not related.

It comes down to: resign to be a victim or struggle to get what you want. There are plenty of people without traumatic brain injury who struggle to find things they enjoy, and there's even cases of TBI where a person actually finds more things to enjoy.

It sounds like the person you are describing is depressed, if that was me after a TBI i would tell the doc, and otherwise i would find new ways to enjoy what i love. Unless you're a vegetable or some rare case, there's no reason a person cant contribute to/observe things they love,

LOL welcome to brainlet ville OP,

do you like finger painting

wtf am I looking at here?
should've driven a volvo

are you sure you want to know? this gif is also cool i can tell you about this one instead

its oxidation that turns when it hits an atom high "mountain", making these cool etch a sketch patterns

cims.nyu.edu/~griffith/heart_anim/ ?

cheers, cunt

This is gold!
Thank you!

This happened to my foster father:
>145 IQ
>Mining engineer
>Retired and became a building contractor for something to keep him active
>Also farmed horses
>Had a horse related accident and amnesia
>Still isn't nearly as functional as he was
He used to get so angry with himself sometimes, it was painful to watch.

>cunt
u wut m8

Keep on, keepin' on.

>That's a free pass to commit mass murder and walk.

Are you 12? lol

That didn't work out for Martin Bryant:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant
He has an IQ of 66.

he ment to say "thank you very much resourceful user"

>IQ of 66
smartest poster on Veeky Forums
F

>One link is from a website whose "sources" include the guardian, ESPN and not a single actual paper that backs up the therapy

>the other is a case study with a sample size of two with no sham group

Why do I come to this shit site anymore. There are real treatments for TBI being developed by functional neurosurgeons and neurologist but all of them either have to currently be done relatively quickly after the injury or they require direct administration to the brain. Inducing ketosis is one of my favorite since it's the most practical for a clinical setting.

That being said, chances are op just got a wreck a few months ago and hasn't even given it time to heal before he complains of permanent deficiency.

>Are you sure?
Not him but fuck yeah

Not him but it's obviously blood being pump from the atriums to the ventricles. The blue represents deoxygenated blood.

Even the mightiest oak starts with an acorn research as to begin somewhere if there's any indication either of the interventions their further study now we can tell you don't get anything from nothing Also look into lions mane mushroom which stimulates the brain derive nerve growth factor

ok well then maybe this will float your boat, this is where i got that heart gif from.
Its got tons of science gifs (and many not) saved from all over the web, with references to the origin.

fruitsoftheweb.tumblr.com/archive/filter-by/photo

>35 life sentences + 1000 years
shieeeeet

You're dumb and justified for any fail in life you do.
It's a lot worse if you're smart but fail anyway.
PS you don't need to be smart to fap

I'm in a similar state caused by MS where I still have the same interests as before but cannot argue and discuss the same concepts as effectively

I often forget or lose track of my thoughts before I'm able to make any worthy points of discussion

I still have all of the old opinions and understandings of concepts as I did before but I'm incapable of explaining myself without serious effort, it's very frustrating

It was even difficult trying to make this post sound coherent

What was he before?