Is it possible to feel which part of your brain a thought originates from? I often sense such a location...

Is it possible to feel which part of your brain a thought originates from? I often sense such a location. Am I just imagining it?

You're probably developing schizophrenia or something similar

Absolutely.

I meditate often, so I'm relatively attuned to what my mind is feeling. Active focusing on a thought feels like it is originating in the forefront of my mind. General alertness but clear mindedness feels like it is more associated with the middle, for example.

Which?

>Is it possible to feel which part of your brain a thought originates from?
No. Your somato-sensory cortex doesn't register any brain contact related sensations. If your brain itself were already exposed like for surgery and someone stuck a knife in it, you wouldn't feel it.
What you're describing is a variation of a delusion many people have where they conflate behaviors with physical things and assume there's some sort of actual location to their thinking behavior. A more common sort of this delusion is how a lot of people behave as though their mind and/or their thoughts are located in their head. You see this in everyday life with how people tend to look at and talk to the heads of other people as though that's where the "self" lives.
Your *brain* is located in your head, but your mind / thoughts have no such location. You could believe your mind were "located" in your left foot or on the ceiling and have about the same amount of justification (or lack of justification) for doing so. Thinking is a behavior that uses the brain, but so is playing tennis, and it wouldn't make much sense to say tennis playing happens in your head.

>I meditate often, I'm relatively attuned to what my mind is feeling
You're meditating wrong FYI. Nothing during your meditation gave you a good reason to believe you were actually feeling locations associated with different kinds of thinking, or that you even have different kinds of thinking that can be reliably identified and categorized by yourself in that way in the first place. You're just supposed to sit and pay attention, not tell yourself stories about what you imagine is happening.

there's more ways to meditate than you realize

There are lots of wrong ways to meditate and that was one of them.

typical Veeky Forums attitude
when you go around thinking you know everything, you learn nothing

>when you go around thinking you know everything, you learn nothing
That's your problem, yes. You tried making a bunch of assumptions and telling yourself a baseless rationalization story instead of just doing the actual act of meditating.

>I drink water, I do it by pouring water over bread and eating the break
>there's more ways to drink water than you realize

No, the typical Veeky Forums attitude is knowing that you can't know nuffin.

OP I feel similar sensations but I think it's similar to phantom limb syndrome. You're not feeling your thoughts. Imagine an area the size of a marble anywhere in your body, you will "feel" the marble in that location.

>believing in the myth of original thought

Samefag

There are countless well established metidative practices that have been refined over millennia which proactively introspect and dissect what's going on. Mediation as a practice is by no means restricted to 100% passive open ended attentionlessness.

Apprently meditation is not my word..

>You tried making a bunch of assumptions and telling yourself a baseless rationalization story instead of just doing the actual act of meditating.
what part of
>there's more ways to meditate than you realize
goes over your head?

You're imagining it OP. Thought's don't originate from single lobes, they come from networks using many areas of the brain.
Even if they did, how would this trait be evolutionary advantageous?

I try to meddle with functional capacity when I have scattered headache somewhere, either due to excessive booze or misc. See if i can't operate on norm levels. nothing so far, just irritable.

You weren't dissecting what was going on. You were making up stories about things that weren't going on. No legitimate method for meditation involves lying to yourself.