Is there any hard evidence that dinosaurs "evolved" into birds? Besides them sharing certain bio-mechanical structures...

is there any hard evidence that dinosaurs "evolved" into birds? Besides them sharing certain bio-mechanical structures? And besides certain intermediary lizard-feather species existing in the past that went extinct.

This theory sounds more baseless and illogical than the idea of abiogenesis.

Other urls found in this thread:

evodevojournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2041-9139-5-25.
cell.com/current-biology/pdf/S0960-9822(06)00064-9.pdf
evodevojournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2041-9139-5-25
phys.org/news/2013-07-chimp-pig-hybrid-humans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dinosaurs were giant birds

Yeah, many dozens of fossils showing the gradual transition from dinosaur-like to bird-like forms

>sharing bio-mechanical structures
>intermediary lizard-feather species
Looks like you answered your own question, shillfag.

digits confirm existence of satan

look at a chicken for two hours straight, follow it around

tell me you don't see a fucking feathered cretaceous monster

>Besides them sharing certain bio-mechanical structures
what else would you accept for proof? a t-rex morphing into a chicken in front of your eyes?

The theory is plausible if you look at it as a change in atmosphere composition and diet resources restricted high survival rates to only the smallest of it's respective species.

is there any hard evidence that you "descended" from your grandfather? Besides you sharing certain physical and genetic traits? And besides certain intermediary son-father individuals existing in the past that committed suicide because of your faggotry.

This theory sounds more baseless and illogical than the idea that dinosaurs evolved into birds.

So there is no good evidence.

Humans and pigs share a lot of structures and genes too. Doesn't mean we came from pigs.
Think.
Logic.
Evidence.

Evolution really seems baseless and stupid IF you think about it analytically, just like the holohoax t.b.h

Yes there is. My parents .

I said besides your parents. I guess "son-father individuals" was probably a pretty unclear though. Seriously though beside physical similarities, genetics and the existence of your parents, is there any hard evidence your grandfather is your grandfather?

Particularity is irrelevant. It follows by logic and observation that humans have parents, and human parents have human parents, etc. Grandparents are neccesary. Finding the particular one is a matter of empirical analysis, with some uncertainty involved, blood tests and familia history is sufficient to come to a reasonable decision.

This is nothing like the idea that birds came from dinosaurs, in general, since it doesnt follow by logic or observation. and finding out which particular breed of dino gave rise to what breed of bird is not what is asked. I don't need that much specificity.

Show me an intermediary fossil between a pig and a human and I'll call up the Nobel committee on the spot.

Then may I ask what evidence you would need to be convinced, instead of what evidence you reject?

Paleontology isnt a hard science.
it cant be held up to the same standard or trusted like real geology can be.

that being said, its still got plenty of useful information and isnt all just made up bullshit.
you cant fuckin nit pick at it as hard though because it is soooooooo circumstantial and really the excepted theories are just a "best guess"

evolution is real, but if you want evidence tracing X to Y, you are not going to get it due to how fossil preservation and preservation bias logically works.

its like getting a 1/4 of a slideshow of a movie and trying to understand it. There are plenty of unsolvable gaps in the details.

everything is an interpretation (backed up with hypothesis supported with evidence)

"Grandparents are neccesary. Finding the particular one is a matter of empirical analysis, with some uncertainty involved, blood tests and familia history is sufficient to come to a reasonable decision."
It's the exact same principle with birds and dinosaurs. Dinosaurs may or may not have descendants. Birds must have ancestors. It's just a matter of clearing up who is related to who.

Technically speaking, no, they didn't come from dinosaurs, they ARE dinosaurs. And paleontologists never assume current species came from fossile species, only that they must have a common ancestor. Just like pigs and humans share a common ancestor, birds and dinos too, making all of them belong to Dinosauria, "the dinosaur group"

T Rex was a giant chicken? LOL it killed it's victims by making them die of laughter.

>So there is no good evidence
Explain whay you consider good evidence.

Being told by a book written by jews that god did it

Fun fact, most large dinosaurs were genetically engineered or selectively bred for their size by the Saurians prior to their civilization being wiped out. Far from being an apex predator, the T-Rex was a domesticated farm animal.

>it wasnt the meteor that killed all the dinos
>it was saurian-cause climate change

Man earth has the DEEPEST LORE

the dirty secret of paleontology is nobody actually knows why the dinosaurs died off

well when the asteroid hit, most of the farm animals (big dinos) died off. Civilization collapsed shortly thereafter leaving only very small/hardy mammals and dinos.

No, they have different rudimentary fingers on the legs.

Well, it's true that if you disregard the major arguments in favor of any theory, it's not going to sound very logical.

Humans and pigs share a lot of structures and genes too. Doesn't mean we came from pigs.
Think.
Logic.
Evidence.

You....you don't understand evolutionary history do you?

can you put some numbers for that my guy?

i meant you

>is there any hard evidence for x discounting these two pieces of hard evidence
Really evolved my microbes there, Satan.

this guy, i keep fucking up

>is there any hard evidence of X if we ignore all the hard evidence for X?
Subtle but I can still tell you come from /pol/

humans have eyes, fish have eyes, thus humans come from fish, huh? makes you think

>hard evidence
>structural similarities

so biology isn't even science

Can't explain evolution to someone with that level of cognition

Is there any evidence of an event happening if we ignore 2 of the largest indicators that the event happened?

so you got nothing?

>Show me an intermediary fossil between a pig and a human

done

Let's apply Occam's razor here. How do you explain the similarities birds and dinosaurs share, and the fossils which clearly indicate variations on older dinosaur species almost perfectly resembling modern birds?

From the Mesozoic era?

How retarded are you? I would smash your head in with a rock if you were anywhere near me

Say that to my face, not online. I'm bigger , stronger, faster and smarter than you.

evodevojournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2041-9139-5-25.
cell.com/current-biology/pdf/S0960-9822(06)00064-9.pdf
Have a good read.

Biologists can only propose theories as to the phylogeny of species that have been extinct for longer than any DNA trace lasts. Evidence of similar biochemical structures and mounting evidence of more bird-like traits among dinosaur fossils being uncovered and given more scrutiny seems to suggest that birds have a closer common relative to dinosaurs than any other classification. Normally one would think of reptiles as the key there, but if you take into consideration the relative age at which reptiles were around, there's been a lot of time for evolution. While evolutionary pressures aren't so high for such adept species as many reptiles are at exploiting niches, even incidental mutations that have no necessary change on fitness would build up to the point of speciation by now.

That last part is more tangential to the argument, though. At this point we run under the theory that all life evolved from one common ancestor, and so we classify under that model. It's convention- and it hasn't been disproven, so it's fairly strong until evidence arises that causes the foundation to be questioned. There are some theories that seem to imply extraterrestrial DNA, for example.

>evodevojournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2041-9139-5-25
My fault, posted an incomplete link

Yes, but we do share even more structures and genes with other great ape, which mean that we have a common ancestor.
Think.
Logic.
Evidence.

>Humans and pigs share a lot of structures and genes too. Doesn't mean we came from pigs.
We actually did:
phys.org/news/2013-07-chimp-pig-hybrid-humans.html

What confuses me is how you transition from cold to warm blooded. Obviously it happens, but is it a one generational change or does it happen in stages. It must happen in stages. I've tried to Google it but nothing.

Theres actually dna evidence now that trex genetics most resemble a chickens of modern animals.

So youre telling me that im a fish? Kek.

>faggots r us.

Yeah but they have a common ancestor. Any fuckig stupid comparison you make can be answered by the fact that they have a common ancestor. Your common sense type examples actually work against you. Faggot.

Tbf its highly unlikely that any given dinosaur fossil we have is a bird ancestor. Everyone really needs to use common ancestor not descendant to be logical in these arguments.

Youre thinking too discretely and neglect the fact that cold and warm blooded are just vague terms for extremely complicated biological processes. Its not binary

Do you seriously think that a change in how temperature is regulated can happen from one generation to the next?

>Yeah but they have a common ancestor.
where is the proof? humans and fish are separate kinds of creature.

doesn't help evolution.

More than that, my little cracker. At one time your direct ancestors were some sort of single celled organism, like an amoeba or a bacteria. And if you continue to take a direct ancestral line then at one point they were an assortment of free floating amino acids, and other basic molecules. But why stop there? Keep going back in time and at once stage your direct ancestors were a collection of hydrogen atoms just about to under go fusion with other hydrogen atoms in the core of a star that then blew the fuck up and spread your disgusting ancestral components here, such is the pity.