General coffee thread

What kind of coffee does Veeky Forums drink?
How do you take it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Manual-Grinder-Conical-Professional-Ceramic/dp/B01JOMO5FA/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1500774538&sr=8-43&keywords=burr grinder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

back

Black
In the ass

My favorite coffee is the Turkish coffee

I prefer coffee mate hazelnut or vanilla cream with my coffee but usually just drink it black.

you sound like a numale

iced, with vanilla and aspartame.

You sound hugely fixated on numales.

just regular folgers, in the fall/winter i like to put in some heavy cream since I usually have some in the fridge

coffee snobs bug the shit out of me

Every coffee I've had tastes like charcoal without milk or sugar. I eventually gave up and stuck with tea.

Is there such thing as tasty coffee?

Just made a 9:30pm cappuccino, hope some Italian is rolling in his grave somewhere

I drink my coffee black with 1 sugar.

Lately I've been using paper filters in my french press. Gets rid of 90% of the sediment.

Same, but my favorite is the Coffee Mate coconut.

Also, pic related is favorite blend.

>drink garbage coffee
>other people take it seriously and want to make a quality drink
>SNOBS GET OUT WTFFFFFFFFFF
Why do you even come to these threads if you're just going to whine about people who actually give a shit about the thing we're in a thread for
1. Throw out your coffee maker
2. Buy a french press/burr grinder (cheap and arguably the best results)
2.5. Yes it has to be burr
3. Buy whole beans THAT ARE NOT DARK HOLY SHIT NEVER BUY DARK and grind before every use
4. Use 2tbsp of coarse grounds for every 6oz coffee
5. Never use boiling water for any method, about 195-200f is good

Yes it's worth the effort. I've managed to convert many people who claimed they didn't like coffee with this

Also let it brew in the press for 4 minutes. Also also I have a small, cheap manual burr grinder that is good enough for this purpose, if you hear people going on about YOU NEED TO SPEND HUNDREDS ON A GRINDER that's more for espresso and even that's a bit excessive.

Any kind of medium roast from somewhere in Central America
10 notches on LIDO 3
V60
16:1
200°F

Thanks, user. I'll look out for the grinder and grab some light beans.

Any brands you are fond of?

Instant, Type 1.

I'm not even joking when I say Sam's Club brand, local roasters tend to be inconsistent and sometimes even downright bad. Would also avoid anything from a chain (e.g. D&D, Starbucks etc.) since it's selling off brand name rather than quality

anyone here /buttercoffee/?

friendly reminder that this is what the american coffee-drinking public considers to be "coffee" in 2017.
Most coffee beverages sold in the US are not brewed coffee, they are "specialty beverages" like a vanilla fellapuchino pictures here.

Is there any thread you retards won't shit up

>feels
It's literally a sugar and milk beverage. People just don't want to admit theyre binging on milkshakes.

friendly reminder that EU's A grade is US's C grade

this stuff is okay, but i seriously dont know much difference between that and regular instant coffee

Folgers or maxwell house ,little bit of sugar maybe some more and this shit

user can you recommend a cheap burr grinder that still gets the job done without giving me an inconsistent grind

no

I drink instant coffee because I can't afford a coffee maker. I take it black or with a splash of whole milk.

How do you use paper filters in a French press? Do you like pour it over another filler on the way into your cup? I can't think of another way...

Cold Brew

Trying to figure out how to make cold variety of latte and shit now.

Favorite flavor wise is French press black.
Moka pot is a fun adventure that gives me a shitty latte when I'm feeling up to it.
Generally I just drink drip black with %15 ice by weight. Just enough to get it to barely above lukewarm. Eat to make easy to drink before work.

I like it arab style, black and piping hot. Sometimes instant with milk, hot or cold. No shugar, ever.
If i had a paycheck i'd probably buy a french press, coffee grinder and a small espresso machine

I use gallon containers for cold brew tea and generally drink it in less then the days. It gets worse with age. How long does cold brew coffee hold up in the fridge?

Frozen and blended with milk, maybe half a tsp sugar, Irish cream shot with a little whipped cream on top

...now that I'm lactose intolerant, black
This is my life now

Not that user but I've usually never noticed much of a decline until the 7 day mark.

Oh wow. What's great news. Thanks user, you have given me the blind Faith to go ahead and try it against my better.

Black, freshly ground Kenyan Peaberry is my daily driver.
Turkish / Greek / whatever other countries claim to have invented that style for when I need to be awake.
Whatever's available, black with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice if I'm desperate

Do you like to fuck your sister too?

Black on ice.

I tried greek style frappe recently and I really want to try making it at home

>daily driver

black

Yeah I make a week's worth usually.

If I want several cups then I'll make a large pot of french press.
If I just want a strong cup then I'll use my italian pot.
With a lot of people over I use my machine.

I drink this stuff completely black. Tastes pretty good †bh.

>Having a problem with that expression

I've only ever had my coffee black. I get that some people don't like the bitterness or whatever but I don't understand drowning every bit of the flavor in creamers/sugars.

It defeats the purpose of the coffee.

drip with my v60, usually buy beans from local roasteries with my favorite being drop coffee.

Either French Press, or Bialetti pot, depends on my mood. I also get my beans from a local coffee shop, or whenever my girlfriend's father brings me directly from local farmers.

A tiny dash of coconut milk can go a long way with enhancing the flavor, especially when you're drinking something overpowering like a double espresso

friendly reminder that you can literally just order black coffee and loads of people do

>What kind of coffee does Veeky Forums drink?
black or cappycino
>How do you take it?
mouth

I love americanos, they're so good.

Recently for home I got myself a little box of Japanese instant coffee stick tube things. pretty good, actually.

I was drinking this shit the first few weeks of uni when moving to a new apartment without a coffee maker. It's fucking vile and doesn't even taste remotely to what coffee should taste like

Tastes burnt for 1 second with no aftertaste. Fucking awful.

>He doesn't butt chug espresso shots

It's like you WANT to be groggy all day

This coffee is in my opinion the best supermarket/readily available stuff across the UK. Not quite wow ozzy cawfee shop your flat white is special m8y i'll have a double espresso from Guatemala pelase but it's £3 and I go through one a week nice and cheap.

That's different, though! I'm talking about the people who add 7-8 creamers because they can't stand the taste of coffee. At that point I wonder why they don't opt for a Coke instead

I'll try it

>M&S
you big poofter

>It's a eurocuck gets triggered by glorious American capitalism thread
sorry that our coffee shops offer more than wilted beans grown by the local dirt monger

cold brewed

I buy vacuumed coffee dust.
I put it in an aluminium pot and have warm water wash over it.
I don't put other things in it.

So do you just put ground coffee in a mug of water overnight, then pour it through a net into another cup and drink?

usually light roast but oily roasts are good too

french press at home, whatever elsewhere

always black

I have my coffee iced. No other way to have it.

Reminder best espresso drink is cappuccino

To be honest, europeans don't really have that great of a taste in coffee either.

>be me
>Be french
>Used to french press and italian pots all my life
>Go to murica to visit some friends
>They make coffee with their shitty machine
>Litterally brown water with a slight bitter taste
>Didn't even finish that cup despite my severe caffeine addiction
Europe has decent overall. The average americans don't know shit about coffee

Or you can cut open two plastic bottles and make your own dutch coffee station :^)

Gevalia light roast, Black.

Cafetiere, Colombian, milk and 1 sugar

oh wow do you also like to watch videos on the Eater Youtube channel?

implying there's a manly supermarket? (that isn't shit)

Usually black, I use a coworker's aeropress at work or at home I use a moka pot or a Nespresso. Sometimes I'll add a little plain unsweetened almond milk. My parents have an espresso machine they never use so when I'm over there I'll usually try to use it a bit, I'll usually make cappuccinos there. Don't buy a home espresso machine unless you want to take forever to make a damn coffee.

I think HEB bulk coffee is great, it usually has lots of turnover so it's nice and fresh. There's a local coffee roaster I've been to a few times which is good too.

I have a Hario mini slim which was $30 and I think it works great, but I don't have a PhD in coffee or anything.

Is there an espresso maker worth buying for $100?

>first time I had black coffee when i was 10
>take a sip
>fucking disgusted
>put a one kisses in it
>still disgusting
>dump three chocolate bars, some ice cream, whipping, sugar, and icing in it
>still disgusting but with an extreme sugar high
>literally cant stop shaking
>found out my mom bought coffee creamer
>never had coffee again
Why do you guys like coffee? Every now and again I try a cup of coffee and it's always the same shitty flavour.

No

You've only ever had shitty coffee like most people

If the only bread you ever ate was white bread pre-sliced loaf ultra saver's brand, you would hate bread too.

You have to find the kind of coffee you like. Luckily, I enjoy the super cheap coffee.

I usually just get whatever is on sale, and drink it black. I know, I'm a pleb, but I like the flavor of even bad coffee, as long as it isn't sour.

However, I just got my grinder today, so hopefully I can see what good coffee tastes like.

how do I into coffee

all the coffee ive ever made has come from putting espresso into a moca pot and boiling it

does it really get more complex than that?

You don't have to be complicated unless you really want to, I like moka pots a lot. My family uses them as a substitute for Cuban coffee, you can add a few drops of the coffee to some sugar and beat it and slowly pour the rest of the coffee over it to make something like a real Cuban espresso. I usually skip the sugar, though.

It doesn't have to be complicated, basically any method whether it's a moka pot or French press or drip machine or espresso machine or whatever can produce a good cup of coffee. It's more important to start with good coffee, the fresher it is the better and don't buy really dark roasts because they taste like shit. You probably don't need to freshly roast it yourself unless you're really autistic, but grinding it yourself doesn't take a huge investment or effort and gives a much fresher taste.

I just drink so much coffee I can't think, what do I do? It's like words are all scrambled in my head. It was hard to write this post.

Steve makes my dick hard when he talks about coffee, what's equivalent coffee instant type 1?

I take it black, like my men

I push Lavazza Oro through my shitty Breville Espresso machine that I force to high temperature.

only drink 8oz in morning and 8oz in afternoon. any more will raise your blood pressure way too much.

This is my packed portafilter for non restricted extraction.

Black as midnight on a moonless night.

>Central America
lol, you can't get good coffee in central or south america, all the quality coffee is exported to Europe by two arab owned companies that buy literally everything, the remaining coffee that you can buy in those countries it's the cheaper beans that didn't make into the quality they need. if you want real central american coffee you have to buy it in france or canada.

amazon.com/Manual-Grinder-Conical-Professional-Ceramic/dp/B01JOMO5FA/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1500774538&sr=8-43&keywords=burr grinder

This is the one that came with my french press, it works far better than some $50+ electric burr grinders I've tried. The issue with shitty grinders is a large quantity of dust/very finely ground pieces that over-extract and burn but this one seems to not result in that

That's nonsense, I have two packs of Colombian coffee (purchased in Colombia) and they are much better than anything I can get in my country.

>from
No one was suggesting you got TO Central America and get your coffee locally, idiot

I'll try to do that, especially if I'm going to start drinking more expensive coffee. I didn't want to waste any so I drank the whole French press full.

You are really dumb

ive started drinking coffee ever since i went into college, but all ive ever gotten is plain french vanilla at a nearby Tim Hortons. Any suggestions for better fast coffee? Ive tried Dunkin Donuts but i think its trash

>Used to have a psycho boss who was constantly quizzing people on their eating habits and commenting on how healthy what she thought people ate was.
>Nothing got her as angry as sodas
>Even diet sodas got her angry because she thought they were loaded with calories
>Every morning she'd drink a huge Starbucks that had the calories and sugar of 3 sodas

Can it be done for under $500?

that's the taste of bugs, dirt and chemicals all grinded together. here the places were the coffee is processed we call them "beneficios" and are fucking dirty, you usually see people walking with work boots full of mud or even shit over the beans, then they just fill rat/bugs infested sacks that has been sitting in some storehouse for ages and ship them to your nearest whateverbucks coffee shop. it's disgusting and the owners do nothing because they don't fucking care. also cocoa and pineapples suffer even worst than coffee.

>go to luxurious mart
>buy bag of central american coffee
>pay three times what you usually pay for it because the bag says it's from central america
>it's just cheap coffee
I'm telling to avoid buying overpriced stuff that claims it's from central america, want actual real good coffee from central america? just buy some yurop brand.

noU