How come that most unhealthy foods are more fun to eat than nutritiously rich ones

How come that most unhealthy foods are more fun to eat than nutritiously rich ones.
And i do not mean the conventional dopamine release explanations.

I understand that these foods contain lots of sugar and basically i'm an addict, but that is not what i mean, i am talking about the texture, and way of eating.
Does anyone know what i mean? I eat relatively healthy, and have my diet under some form of control, but never Never is it more 'fun' to responsibly stuff yourself (and i mean really, just go for it, until you can't anymore) than when you just gorge yourself on Chinese food, or candy or ice cream. Even a subway sandwich comes close for me, though i guess it's not exactly that healthy.

There is just something to that, the texture, the way it is so recklessly consumed. Where even if it were healthy, somehow despite any details past the manner of consumption, it would nonetheless be more satiating to eat than.. lettuce or a salad.
I don't understand why so..

Define unhealthy. Define fun. Eat whatever the fuck you want just don't be a goddamn pig and workout regularly.

Sugars and fats are essential, but only needed in small amounts. Before farming, it was often difficult to catch fatty meats and find fruit. Those who developed a taste for those things were more likely to eat them and survived. Now technology has outpaced evolution.

Quotation? Or is it your own. theory

Also do you imply those who stuck to agricultural foods never bothered hunting and therefore died out?

Nvm i'm wrong.

Although aren't you just givingg the explanation as to why it releases more pleasure chemicals?
Are these one and the same thing?

because the foods that are "fun" or "pleasurable" to eat contain an excess of the chemicals that cause that feeling.

Protein, sugar, fat, and salt, when eaten in excess are all unhealthy, especially if the meal is not balanced with other nutrients.

Why do certain chemicals "taste better"? My guess is because they are critical to life, or mimic ones that are, however, water does not (generally) induce pleasure like eating candy or a nice steak will, so im not really sure what to think.

You cannot not drink water. Thrist will force you to drink something which is some % made from water. It taste doesn't matter for our body because it's essential to drink some water. In some cases people who were dying of thirst did drink salt water which tastes horribly and kills them faster than thirst but they still did drink it and probably it didn't taste that bad then.
What I'm going for is that salad, carrots are not as tasty as food heavy with fat, sugar because our body steers us towards food that has more calorie so that it can survive longer on a piece of fat meat than on salad. I think our body makes us think that fats and sugars are delicious only to steer our diet towards food that provides our body with more energy to burn.

Evolution made us search for high-calorie foods to keep us from starving. Bitter things were typically poisonous, so we didn't like them. Of course Kale is bitter and Antifreeze is sweet, so obviously we have to use our brains and not succumb to primitive instincts. Or else you end up as another toddler sacrificed to Darwin.

>"intelligent" design

So the pleasure comes with the calorie density and responcible ingredients for it,
rather than the crust and texture and fun of eating that i assumed in op?
I don't know if there is a way to even test that..

>Protein, sugar, fat, and salt,
>not nutrients

Bacon and ice cream are dense with nutrients and fun to eat.

> It taste doesn't matter for our body because it's essential to drink some water.
Protein, sugar, fat and salt are as essential as water from an evolutionary standpoint.

>probably it didn't taste that bad then
Thinking about it, when you are dehydrated, water doesnt "taste" good necessarily, but it does feel great, way better than food can make you feel.

>makes us think that fats and sugars are delicious only to steer our diet towards food that provides our body with more energy
I think half is true, that it does steer our diet, but i also think there are energy dense foods that don't taste great, like pure fat, pure sugar(pure sugar gets old very fast), and protein specifically because it tastes like ass/next to nothing.

I think our taste drives us to long term survivability, which is probably what you ment.

i did not word it well. they are nutrients, but when consumed in excess compared to other nutrient/water intake it can quickly become very unhealthy.

I wonder why pure fat isn't pure delish to our bodies.
Where do you taste pure protein?

remembered reading reviews about protein powder. unflavored tastes like tissue, cardboard, or slightly like whatever it's the protein of.

Protein powders also have this umami-like quality though, I've always thought it was from the high-protein concentration. Never tried unflavored, but it's been in every kind I've ever tried

What do you make of this guy?
> pic

Forgot pic. :/

Interesting I might try some of that myself

Are you serious? Because idk but it doesn't sound very healthy

Also, you can die from drinking too much water. It's so essential, you don't want to get a dopamine spike everytime you drink water because you'd get addicted to it and possibly die. It's a protection.

Imagine if breathing was pleasurable, people would pass out from too much oxygen all the time

You can deplete your body from salt, but it's difficult to say if this is the reason drinking water doesn't come with a dopamine reward, or if it's coincidence

Protein powders are by definition unnatural and unhealthy, so yeah..

I came back to Algoroc as a level 40 just to realise that I barely had 3 Girrok meat and 4 Roan meat...That was my whole stack after doing EVERY quests in the zone and killing my fair share of ennemies...Don't get me started on the fact I only had 3 tree roots even if you have to murder over 50 of thems.

>Protein powders are by definition unnatural
With you
>and unhealthy
Not with you, just sounds like the naturalistic fallacy to me.

Food is just a collection of chemicals, and I have yet to see any evidence that you couldn't make something exactly as healthy as "natural" food just by suspending synthetically derived versions of all the requisite chemicals in a suitable fibre to aid digestion.

Food isn't meant to be fun. It's meant to give you energy to survive.

The companies and people who originally made these foods took pains to make them as appealing/fun to eat/pleasurable as possible because they were well aware that they aren't very good for you and as such nobody would probably eat them if they tasted like shit while simultaneously being shit for you.

That a good enough awnser, OP?