We need to talk about this

We need to talk about this.

why

what's your beef

What is there to talk about? American biscuits are basically scones and British biscuits are basically cookies

if brits call biscuits scones then what do they call scones?

Crumbly-Yumbly sweets.

left are biscuits, right are tea biscuits

if you say american biscuits are scones were just going further down the hole man

Scones of course you idiot.

when they say scones how do you know if they mean scones or scones

Can we all agree that both are tasty?

american biscuits aren't a thing in the uk

american biscuits are just round croissants

English version is technically correct for 2 reasons. 1st, as the originator obviously. 2nd, the word biscuit itself is an old french joint word meaning 'twice cooked' or 'twice baked'

American biscuits are closer to little cakes than anything else, and some have markest similarities to philo

That's not a fucking biscuit thats literally a fucking COOKIE.

If you pronounce scones as "skahn" I'll kill you

I'm pretty sure this post is illegal

american biscuits are savory scones.

>makes bread
>call it biscuit
Does american really do this

>biscuit
>baked twice

All my British relatives pronounce it that way so fuck off, non-Brit shitskin faggot.

I'm British and I pronoune it: Sc-Ohne

Scones and biscuits aren't the same thing. Scones are fucking hot garbage that taste like pebbles and farts. Scones are biscuits from history, the history where you had to wipe your was with a corndog. I've worked as a professional baker for 12 years now, and every single scone I've seen is fucking garbage. Biscuits, true buttermilk biscuits, are fucking divine.

Seriously I fucking hate scones.

Can't speak to the English biscuit. They also call fries chips, and chips crisps, SO I GUESS CULTURES ARE DIFFERENT GUYS

scones are hard and crumbly tho
biscuits are soft

American biscuits are savoury scones. Scones are just scones.

Hey. Hey. Hey.

Believe it or not, there's a ton of different accents in Britain. You have scone pronounced one way and then head twenty miles and hear it pronounced in a completely different way.

>Be baker for 12 years
>Can't make a scone that doesn't taste of pebbles and farts

You may want to rethink your career.

Are you british? American biscuits may resemble scones in a picture but I assure you they are very different. Biscuits are soft, flaky, buttery, and savory. Scones are crumbly, slightly sweet, and drier than a biscuit. I would never put sausage gravy on a blueberry scone.

Tastycakes

Tutti Fruity Baker's Tea-time Wonder Treats

No one in the universe says 'skahn'. They say sc-own or sconn.

scones are cakes

you dont serve scones hot,you cut them in half and put butter and jam upon them

And cream.

>American biscuits are basically scones
lol no

British Biscuits basically look like dogtreats.

American Biscuits are foodkino:

Those are cookies

No, they're biscuits

Except one of them which is a cookie

Right, and a truck is a lorry and not paying your tellly license will result in being reported to the local sharia council. We get it, snaggletooth.

It's not bread, american biscuits are leavened with baking powder rather than yeast. Closer to a cake than anything.

literally no one in the UK pronounces it "skahn."

>12 years as a professional baker
>can't make a decent scone

I can just imagine your old mentor shaking his head disapprovingly as once again the butter melts before you get them in the oven.

Hot is actually optimal. If you have afternoon tea at upscale places like the Savoy they'll serve them literally straight from the oven in a folded cloth to keep the steam/heat. It's honestly a scone's final form.

>sc-own or sconn

this is the real divide nobody is talking about

anyone who says sc-own confirmed for posh wanker

Nah, thanks. Hot bread makes my face swell like allergy reaction for some fucking reason.

Aye. Or even worse, a southerner (quite often same thing though)

>scone
>bread

wat

any thing with flour that comes out of the oven hot, whatever fuck you

>its an amerifat teaches the English about English episode
Getting tired of this shut desu

Get out of Boston, user.

>biscuits
>not doubly baked

le fu

Flakey Flour Salt Cake

> (OP)