Veeky Forums whats a good place to start learning physics on my own? Im a philosophy and economics major...

Veeky Forums whats a good place to start learning physics on my own? Im a philosophy and economics major, and im realizing how much I would rather learn about the physical world more. I know im autistic for my degree choices, but all I ask is advice on where to start studying.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
sky-map.org
youtu.be/DFlSNzanPXMI
youtu.be/2ohKWpYvfjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

University Physics by Young & Freedman.
Learn Calculus first.

I took Calc 1 a couple of years ago, I did well, but I know its extremely basic. Can yiu recommend some good Calculus textbooks?

Also, i bought pic related. Did i fuck up?

You only learned up to calc I as an econ major?

We have to do at least calc II where I am

What school do you go to?

BillshUT, read papers from newton and go from there

You guys ever seen the milky way? Download the virtual sky app and it shows the milky way as a ring going all around the earth... it's opoosite this pic because it's a side view from inside. One part of the giant ring is the galaxy center

And because all plants rotate on the same axis I argue that the milky ways gravity effects are the cause of that

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics#Calculus

'The Theoretical Minimum' by Susskind and that other guy.

If you're interested in Econ, philosophy and physics, I genuinely think you'd more enjoy being a math major, at least at the undergrad level.

There's lots of analogies in economics and philosophy.. expect even more analogical models in science

Learning from a professor or textbook is similar to going to get fast food at McDonald's rather than making it personally.. I'll add that it always taste better to make it at home despite rationalizations of fast food "tasting good".. similar to a good understanding

Here's a pic of the first meme printed in 1962

Anytime someone uses numbers to explain reality run

Time and numbers are completely arbitrary

Resorting to numbers is the scientific equivalent of name calling in a debate

Here's to explain why numbers are used to deceive by vagueness and give an appearance of specialized muh secret knowledge

It's from the 48 laws of power on creating a cult like following, which math and chemistry have the most dedicated followers

I argue that degree or intensity is necessary to understand science, but not any farther than the form of rates approaching 0 or approaching Infinity

College is a business pimping out brainlets to companies and not so much about actually teaching

Rather than the milky ways current gravity being the effect, would a more reasonable explanation be a domino effect from the initial rotational axis of the milky being translated into the solar system during its formation?

t.pseud

To be honest what of theoretical astronomy and physics isn't pseudo

I agree but am still wondering if the sun rotates on this same axis, also there's the gravity of the galactic center but also the whole galaxy is moving toward something on the other side of it.. we can't and most likely won't ever see for millions of years due to the suns orbit

I think this is what magnets in compasses are pointing towards and it's the true direction of our earth through space

>what of theoretical astronomy and physics isn't pseudo

most of it

>everything after that

Lol just stop please

I'm just looking for help trying to determine the earth and sun's rotation axis related to the galactic center, and the north star

here's a resource but there's better ones that are 360 degree and timelapse apps downloaded to the phone (especially with vr)

sky-map.org

Bruh thats an easy on, Sun rotates in the same direction as the milky way, and the planets, and the solar system.

>trying to see the milky way rotate in your lifetime

Stop bro, gotta visualize celestial bodies from an omniscient perspective if you want to get anything done.

I'm talking about individual spin not orbit rotation path or direction

Is the moons axis of spin, spinning in the same direction

Is the north pole of the moon, earth, sun and all planets pointed to the same point in the universe near the galactic center and north star polaris

No, why would you even need to ask that.

The whole galaxy center and rest of it is moving towards a different (unseen) point which itself is moving towards a more massive point

I'm not talking about location or direction of orbit, not spin direction of the milky way.. I mean the whole dam thing

TheGreat Attractoris a gravitational anomaly inintergalactic spaceat the center of theLaniakea Superclusterthat reveals the existence of a localised concentration of mass tens of thousands of times more massive than theMilky Way. This mass is observable by its effect on the motion of galaxies and their associated clusters over a region hundreds of millions oflight-yearsacross. The Great Attractor is moving towards theShapley Supercluster

There is a force pulling planets and stars right side right-side-up

There are gravitational forces from every conceivable Direction pulling on the Earth

There are spots in the universe with a higher Mass which would therefore pull harder

The sun has the most effect on the Earth but all the combinations of forces will point the Earth's axis of rotation or poles in a single direction, which I argue is the resultant vector line of these smaller a,b,c,d..y,z components

Yes, except Uranus, which is theorized to have been "tipped over" by a massive collision with another body in the past.

But philosophy is just making shit up that you like, no math involved.
But economics is just making shit up that your employer likes, no accurate math involved.

Math is the equivalent of making an unnecessarily complicated machine that does nothing

Colbert 1997 'GMA' Report:l…: youtu.be/DFlSNzanPXMI argue that math is just making worthless shit up

Interesting. Here are 2 other books he has written...

>Hacker, A., (1992) Two Nations: Black and White, Separate, Hostile, Unequal, Scribner. ISBN 0-7432-3824-9
>Hacker, A., (2003) Mismatch: The Growing Gulf Between Women and Men. Scribner. ISBN 0-684-86252-2

Worth looking into?

>spending 1000s of hours and money studying math
>???
>profit

Math is trillion dollar industry but only for teaching it, which composes about 10% of the whole economy. That's because Failing math is failing school

Is the book worth reading.. yes books are a scam too the equivalent of fast food compared to home cooked meals

Making or watching a presentation is not working but near everyone is convinced of this

Is the book worth reading, is reality worth considering? Is it better to stay in a sheltered safe space in order to retain a positive attitude and confidence?

We're schools designed to crank out factory workers with bells and whistles, is math designed to screen out autists from the gene pool?

Worshipping numbers. Numerology

How to Gematria and get a better understanding o…: youtu.be/2ohKWpYvfjQ

It's garbage now symbology that's more useful

Say a guy was tasked with science to build a stable structure like a bridge. Would calculations proof to the funder it was safe or would a smaller scale model or symbol be more persuasive to get the structure funded

Symbols and analogies are the way that people communicate concepts. Numbers are pseudo-symbols for plebs

ah yes, some vague (ironically) and edgy short book renders """numbers""" obsolete.

The same way math heads make fun of normals for worshipping percentages while disregarding fractions and divisions

Understanding difference, rates trends or velocity acceleration and jerk of a position is worthless without combining critical thinking

I argue for every 1 normal or math dropout that reproduces their genes, there's 10 math autists that never do and this difference will be greater with time

Symbols > numbers

But... i just started my junior year