Tfw my 9-to-5 job is getting in the way of pursuing a literary lifestyle

>tfw my 9-to-5 job is getting in the way of pursuing a literary lifestyle

Wat do, Veeky Forums? I barely have time anymore to read or write.

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2017/02/cormac-mccarthy-explains-why-he-worked-hard-at-not-working-how-9-to-5-jobs-limit-your-creative-potential.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop browsing Veeky Forums

>9-5 job
>8 hours
>16 other hours in the day

Get good. I also have a full time job and I have no trouble.

1. Live minimal and budget tightly.
2. Get part time job where you work 3 days a week max from now on.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Don't do this. This will wear you out and you won't want to do anything.

He will feel worn out no matter what he chooses if he's aiming for work and writing at the same time.

This is the best play. Ideally two days a week of work if he can budget it and the other five days a week pursuing your literary ends. If that wears you out then get rekt.

You forgot commuting

Which kind of job allows you to work only two days a week, friend?

>openculture.com/2017/02/cormac-mccarthy-explains-why-he-worked-hard-at-not-working-how-9-to-5-jobs-limit-your-creative-potential.html

Faggots.

I at least manage to read on the metro, but that simply won't do.

This only sounds like a good idea if you want to eventually earn a living off of your art. We live in a generation where we won't get to retire on government money. We will have to support ourselves until we die. If you do this you will never save any money and if you aren't planning on earning a living through your art will keep you stuck in your job until you die.

>Chauncey Wright
>spend all day doing complex calculations as a computer
>still have time to create pragmatism, review literature, correspond with Darwin, teach psychology

You either got to git gud, find a lower paying job, or face reality.

How much do you get paid?
Do you really need all of that money?
Just work part time or something and, depending on country, hop on bennies.

>I didn't even read the article I posted
>Maybe I did, but if I did I suck at reading comprehension

Factory shit.

Don't soapbox at me, kid. user wanted a fix for the interim to have more time to read and write. This is an option that would allow for that. What user is trying to do personally achieve apart from that is incidental to me.

>Don't soapbox at me, kid.
Thank you for being a huge cunt for no reason other than someone wanted to have a civil conversation with you.

>off of

Sounds like every Starbucks employee. I feel like the modern capitalist society isn't compatible with talented writers.

>I don't like grammar
Being upset over perceived use of bad grammar that is based on nothing but dislike of sounds is an autistic behavior.

Don't give me that passive aggressive estrogen shit. user asked one question, I suggested a temporary fix for it. Now I'm a cunt for not preemptively assuming and addressing every other fear you have about your future. Right.

>We live in a generation where -
Fuck off.

>this damage control

You said something, I only wanted to add a word of caution to your suggestion. You could have responded civilly as to why you disagree, or why you believe my concern was ill-founded, but no.
There was nothing condescending or insulting about what I said, and what I said was engaging with the conversation as it had progressed so far.

But this might all be my fault. Forgive me for taking you for someone that actually wanted to engage in a conversation rather than shitposting.

Fuck off already you lil passive aggressive faggot cunt.

Linux Sysadmin here.
I work four ten-hour nights. 7pm - 5am. I don't do shit but monitor some terminals. I read all night and write during my three-day weekends. I get paid a shit load of money and my wife is an Aryan goddess from Norway and she hates niggers. 44DD tits.

>44DD
>44
You are married to a fat woman.

>bragging about wife's tits on Veeky Forums

guaranteed your waifu looks like roy nelson in drag

Ha! You should try it with a wife, small kid, and a job that you are on call for all the time.

hardest ive laughed all day fuckin damn kek

How in the love of fucking God did you ever manage to land such an awesome job? the night part especially sounds like a dream.

Not sure. I only have a high school diploma and no experience in the tech field. I told the guy who interviewed me that I use Gentoo and he was really impressed.

I work 12's bruh, and I still get some good writing done. I just brainstorm in my free time and note what I can when I can. If I can do it, you can definitely do it. Commuting damned.

>tfw /g/ was right
>tfw of ALL THE FUCKING BOARDS ON Veeky Forums, /g/ was right

this is me.. i'm in physics undergrad and its fucking killing me with 60hr workweeks to keep up a good gpa... fuck i just wanna go back to reading books and lying around

post her tits yo ufucking faggot

ok

this

6-8 or even more hours are spent sleeping. What's left is spent preparing for work or unwinding or cooking.

There was literally a thread about this issue this morning.