Let us discuss the positive effects of implementing a calculus captcha on this board

Let us discuss the positive effects of implementing a calculus captcha on this board.

nothing would change, you can just put any equation in a caluclation program

Having a conversation would take forever, it's needlessly obtuse. Plus biofags won't be able to do it, and they need a place to talk as well.

only brainlets that have calc2 in their mind from having been taught it recently would post, and us categoryfags would need to stop morphing to stop and answer some kindergarten- tier questions

Okay how about category theory captcha?

Who cares about biofags? Lol

pros:
lets you pretend you're smarter than you are
brings in pseudointellectuals who think they're hot shit for taking calc in hs
does literally to help jewgle's' convnets

seems useful, but i think we should ramp it up to unsolved analysis problems to stop bots

>who cares about biofags
>”Veeky Forums Science and Math”
Also note that math comes second in the title you autist

>what is wolfram alpha

Any biofag that isn't a premed should be able to do basic calculus.

This...I'm finishing my MS Math right now, going on to a mathematical stats PhD and I don't get why there's so much math on this board. I KIND OF get the elitist attitude the Math guys here have cause I see it a little in my department but only 1% of what I see on this board.
I especially don't get why everyone shits on engineers so hard...electrical and industrial engineering (and economics oftentimes) get very mathematical.

>I especially don't get why everyone shits on engineers so hard
Wage disparity.

Sounds fun desu

Wolfram alpha is there so it wouldn't help too much. That being said, biofags should know calculus (ever biology BS I've looked into has required calculus at some level). Calculus captcha would be a slight barrier, and user, you know how autistic people are about shitposting here. They are /dedicated/.

I don't think so man...stats guys make about the same and Math guys can go into financial engineering any time they want. I did MechE as undergrad and switched to math cause of my interest in Wall Street. I have cohorts who did engineering as undergrad too (they just spend an extra semester taking pure math classes or something).

I have respect for anyone who works on quantitative stuff and engineering is fucking hard sometimes. Most guys in Math departments will straight up tell you "I'm better at theory not calculation."

I just have a lot more fun building Analysis proofs or looking at expectations than building chassis, which I suck at. The Math guys here are faggots.

It's Veeky Forums. People here will happily shit on anything to make themselves feel better, and generally spout absurd shit that would just get them laughed at if it wasn't the internet. And with the board culture already being a math circlejerk, people will just do the same to fit in.
I cringe a little every time I see a thread with someone asking for serious advice on career/education related stuff. The very last thing you should do is take Veeky Forums seriously.

>cohorts
Can you stop making posts bragging about your fucking cohorts? I'm seriously tired of seeing this word in every thread.

There's nothing bragging in that post it you have some serious reading comprehension problems.

Do use Wolfram Alpha you have to be able to figure out how to input the equation into the program. That right there would block out at least 20% of the pol shitpost.

Exactly this.

>Calculus captcha
>Not topology captcha.
"Which of these shapes is a torus." along with some generated shapes.

Nigga that isn't topology that's kindergarten level shit. You just have to know that torus = donut

We just need a philosophy/aesthetics/psychology board.

It would take a huge chunk of the small population from this board, but it would be the non-scientific crowd, the consciousness posters and such

How about "which of these pair wise disjoint sets has a preimage that is path continuous on C?"

This

Veeky Forums must be renamed to Literature, Philosophy and Psychology - /lpp/

simple multivariate problems then maybe? those are harder to wolfram

Veeky Forums

anyone could make a bot that uses wolfram alpha to solve the problems and spam the board, which is what captchas prevent. you might be good at knowing what's x^3', but you're a fucking retard in every other regard

What would be the hardest problem you would want to see be implemented?

It could be an extremely blurry and misshapen integral :^)

No. His claims it's also a humanities board but if you don't post something related to history they just ignore you. We need a dedicated humanities board.