Smoked, BBQ'd, Grilled

Post your own BBQ'd grilled or smoked meats or fish.

Started off at 10.5 lbs and removed the fat cap that was invisible in the original post. There was 1.25 lbs of fat removed in total.

Homemade rub.

Made the injection so it had time to cool.

Time to close the firebox and let the smoker come up to 205F

Apple and hickory soaking and second round of charcoal for later.

Injector and spray bottle ready and cooled.

Shoulder is in.

Perfect blue smoke. Not too thick.

Wrapped it at 176 and let it come up to 196 then placed it in a cooler lined with clean towels to let it finish to 203 with carryover heat.

I apologize for the webm quality and not getting to see the bone slide out or the initial pulling. I'm still experimenting with webm converter.
Now show me yours.

Good thread OP

Looks tasty OP, good job.

Homemade sauce with a little mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, spices and some of the drippings and homemade creamy coleslaw.

Was it a little too salty? For some reason it looks salty.

I use a lot less salt in my rub than any recipes that I've seen. It has a bit of tangy zip from the mustard and vinegar sauce and followed by the natural sweetness of the pork meat and then the rub, then the smokiness and slight kick from the chili and cayenne pepper.

Thank you. I enjoyed making the thread because I got to eat the results of the cook. I use to post a lot more, but I've gotten tired of the trollish behavior here. I appreciate compliments.

>I member when Veeky Forums didn't have trolls
lol fuck off newfag

I never said that. I just said that I've gotten tired of you.

Have a good one. I hope the thread doesn't die before I return. Can't wait to see what y'all made so far this summer.

Looks pretty darn good, OP. I'm thinking about getting a smoker like yours. Is it worth it over a traditional smoker?

Pic related, my most recent grilling

Nice cook OP. When and how often did you use your injection, and did it noticeably change the moisture and taste of the meat? I have done some smokes with a brine but I've never tried the injections.

I actually love it compared to an old offset barrel style that I had. I didn't have a deflector in the bottom so one side was hotter than I liked. This one really doesn't vary in temp from the bottom of the cooking area to the top. It was relatively cheap as well.
Actually, I bought that injector specifically for brisket and this was my first time using it on a shoulder. I injected about 4 times into different areas trying to hit as many of the larger muscles as I could, pushing the plunger gently in as I removed it from the meat. I only did it after I'd rubbed it and let it sit a while and I covered the holes with more rub and pressed it in. The reason I used it to begin with is that I didn't have room in my fridge for my brine vessel. The meat wasn't mushy as I feared. It imparted a little flavor, but the pork was decent quality and I could still taste the meat.

Also, I've been planning on getting some chicken hearts to grills because of that photo.

>actually
>actually
....sorry

Gotta love summer time grilling

Fuck you that looks delicious

Only issue I have with this op, is I didn't get an invite to your bbq...

Looked fucking awesome...I'm thinking of an electric smoker so I can give this a go...

Yessir

I season mine with this and it works surprisingly well

Just got a new grill this summer, old one finally conked out after 10 years. It's got a built in rotisserie and I've been trying it out. I've made chicken, prime rib, and picanha so far. Any other suggestions? I want to try gyro and al pastor at the moment

fuckin beautiful.

>crab legs
>kek
seriously tho were did you get that meat?

I really can't think of any reasons that I'd use a rotisserie, besides the ones you named.

Haha thanks.
Hell, maybe next time? Electric smoker is fine. I don't hate on any methods, regions or cuts of meat. Electric would be a good choice for someone who isn't super familiar with the concept because it makes temp management so so much easier. I used my dad's old offset a few times and then at home I used a webber kettle. The kettle was tedious. Invest in a decent meat thermometer and rely on temp over time to judge doneness.