Is not paying for pizza if it arrives late a real thing in the us, like mandatory tipping?

Is not paying for pizza if it arrives late a real thing in the us, like mandatory tipping?

Other urls found in this thread:

dominos.co.in/hot-pizza-30-minutes-delivery-guarantee-at-dominos-get-pizza-hot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It used to be but not really now unless it arrives super late

Some pizza places used to advertise that if it wasn't delivered by a certain time than it was free.

I haven't seen ads like that in over two decades though. If they exist anymore it would be a rare thing.

You never saw those pizza commercials where they say "your pizza's delivered in 30 minutes, or it's free"?

whoever it was, dominos maybe?, they saw a big spike in delivery driver accidents. I think a lot of them were actually dying, rushing to get the pizza there in 30 minutes or less. So they were forced to stop offering it for safety reasons

In the 80s and early 90s Dominos Pizza had a promotion where they guaranteed that your pizza would arrive in 30 minutes or it was free. They quit because a bunch of people sued them over delivery drivers driving recklessly to try to make the deadline.

>You never saw those pizza commercials where they say "your pizza's delivered in 30 minutes, or it's free"?

Yes. Twenty years ago when I was in high school. I haven't seen an ad like that in literal decades. They might still exist though, I wouldn't know since I don't watch TV anymore.

Well now they drive too leisurely.
There should be some penalty.

looks like pajeet still offers it

dominos.co.in/hot-pizza-30-minutes-delivery-guarantee-at-dominos-get-pizza-hot

Everyone in India drives dangerously anyways so it doesnt matter

Who is this butter golem?

30 years ago, yes, it became a pizza delivery meme to get it to your customers in 30 minutes or less. Nowadays that doesn't happen anymore, if you say you aren't paying for the pizza they will just not give you the food you ordered.

It used to be common among a few chains (most notably Dominos) a few decades ago. But after multiple traffic accidents / deaths involving delivery drivers mostly trying to beat red lights at traffic stops it was done away with.

Well in their defense some of the traffic lights in larger areas are ridiculous. I sometimes have to wait six or seven minutes on my morning commute at a single traffic light because I arrive as the light is turning yellow and it takes so fucking long to shift through its cycle.

Work at dominos, can confirm. Essentially, drivers were either dying or killing people in accidents at insane rates, so they stopped offering the deal. This was a while back though.

>People were literally dying so some fucking hambeast could get his calorie fix in less than half an hour

Murrica

i wondered why that wasn't a thing anymore, you can still pay a little more to get the guarantee i think, at least in australia.

Because if the driver was late, it was his fault and the order came out of his pay.
So, yes, it was worth risking his life to ensure he could afford to eat that month.

Minor character from Sabagebu. Think her name is Yumi.

No, they probably drive as fast as they can without being reckless.
It's not like they want to waste time. Why would they? Do you think they're going under the speed limit or something? Also, whether they get a tip/no tip/an annoying complaint call to deal with is usually based on how long they take.

I've had jimmy johns arrive like 5 hours late. and I still paid the guy.

Better one ther use to be a place that from 5:00pm to 12:00pm whatever time u called in was the price of the pizza

It's basically pointless, and only done at certain times.

Every time I've done it they've been late. They just give you a free pizza voucher (which can only be redeemed on a purchase) and say 'sorry!'

So they don't actually lose anything.