Jam

Let's jam, Veeky Forums.

What do you do? I'm a plum or blueberry man personally.

Cherry is my jam

;)

You know, I've never had cherry jam. I've had black cherry jam which is really nice but never regular cherry. I don't think I've ever seen it but cherry isn't all that big here unfortunately.

I wish it was, cherry is great and the king of pie flavours.

I literally have so much cherry jam right now that I can't give any more of it away. I'll send you some.

my fruit trees produce far more than I can use so most of it ends up as jam.

blackcurrant

I'd love to accept that but those /k/ thread images have taught me to never accept food from anyone on Veeky Forums.

>You know, I've never had cherry jam. I've had black cherry jam which is really nice but never regular cherry. I don't think I've ever seen it but cherry isn't all that big here unfortunately.
Big Lots always has the eastern european jam imports.

Try the amazing sour cherry and apricot, two fruits popular in the area. They are slightly runny, and full of flavor. Be careful, though, sometimes there's a pit in there like with olives, some get missed.

Apricot I've had plenty and it is a great jam. So good on english muffins.

I will be looking out for sour cherry. Is there any particular brand you'd suggest? I generally just get local or St Dalfours.

Got kinda creative and made blueberry jam with honey and ginger incorporated.
It's unusual. I probably put in about a teaspoon more ginger than it needed. One thing that really didn't occur to me during the process is that ginger goes into that cranberry relish shit Americans eat at Thanksgiving. So taste-wise it's a lot like sweeter cranberry preserve with blueberries?
I'm also a little disappointed that the honey didn't really retain its flavor through the cooking.
I wouldn't call it a complete failure, though, just a case of too much ginger. I keep thinking about straining it and blending it with balsamic vinegar to make a sauce for thinly-sliced beef.

Ohhhh, you should try to make spiced blueberry jam! You already have the ginger, and also put in a little cinnamon, ground cloves, and pepper.

Bonne maman is reliably excellent.

I fucking hate cinnamon and no I'm not doing that thing that you just said.

red raspberry preserves > all

Alright then

I make blueberry and blackberry jam every year when they're in season. But unlike a couple of these other faggots I don't add fucking pumpkin spices or anything but sugar. Fuck that bullshit.

No lemon or nothing else to elevate the flavours?

>I will be looking out for sour cherry. Is there any particular brand you'd suggest? I generally just get local or St Dalfours.
I don't have any on hand, need to do a Big Lots run, but they only ever have 1 or 2 brands there, either from poland or turkey or hungary or something, both are equally good.

For apricot, even smuckers is good. I haven't have a bad one, but the imports from big lots, seem more fruit packed, less pureed.

I like apple.
Strangely I like apple everything except the fruit itself.

>Doesn't like apples

You're probably just gay. No big deal.

PB&J: classic concord grape
toast: strawberry
donut/cake/cookie filling: raspberry

This

I'm not a retard, so I don't put sugary goop in my mouth and purposely rot my teeth.

My nigga
Also has the benefit of actually being fucking good for you without any of that "in moderation" shit.

Mango and white chocolate

>Can't forget the jam I had in the Philippines

I hope you don't put butter on your jam sandwich.

Top post.

>I'm not a retard

So why do you post like one?

wat? toast plus butter plus jam is awesome

Best jam recipes?

Jam made of pic related, spread on toasted rye bread

Raspberry or strawberry.

>ITT: "men" talking about fucking jam

This board, holy shit, kek.

This board is made of women everyone knows that

Hot pepper jam + cream cheese = mmm crackers
Guava jam + cream cheese = mockup of cuban pastelito on my toast

>real men only put meat in their mouths

>"Men" being worried about talking about jam

Man, you couldn't be a more closeted faggot if you tried. No one cares if you're gay, faggot.

My most favorite jams are the kinds my family makes every year - Mustang Grape and Strawberry - Fig.
But, when I run out of the homemade stuff, I buy either Black Currant or "Fruits of the Forest ", which is made of like, all the berries.

A man of refined tastes.

Apricot is my bag baby.

Seedless raspberry, made myself, from my own raspberries growing in my garden.

Grape is 100% the WORST jelly/jam flavor. Strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry are the best, with a shout out to blueberry for being alright

This is also my answer

Love this stuff!

strawberry rhubarb jam

apple jelly

lime marmalade

raspberry for preserves only

Apple cinnamon. Or is that a preserve

I'm a raspberry fan. But my family likes orange marmelade a LOT. I'm sorry, I just can't..

If you can find this stuff, try it. you won't be disappointed.

what happened on the thread? did someone die?

>talking about food and cooking on a board about food and cooking

Black currant?

I don't want to take up a whole thread with this, but can anyone identify this dessert?

The white part looked like tofu but the consistency was a bit different. The taste was very mild. The sauce was mango and strawberry, so it's almost kind of jelly related if you squint.

Maybe it was tofu with fruit sauce

I think that's a elderberry bush. I've heard elderberry jam is great. I want to try some but I never see it in the stores

Who /blackberry/ here?

I got tired of the seeds getting stuck in my teeth.

You can order it from local farms in the my area. Elderberry grows wild around here. Its pretty good. This is where I get all my jams and jellies from. They have a huge selection and I havent had a bad tasting one yet. My favorites from the are their t.o.e. (tangerines oranges elderberry), f.r.o.g. (fig raspberry orange ginger) and fig jam.

Address if anyone's interested because I doubt they have a website being Amish and shit.

The Blackberries are starting to ripen, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do a couple lbs of jam in between moving house.

Those look like chokecherries.

user bragging about cumming into some of the food that people ate at a /k/ meetup.

Elder god tier jam. I get some from the farmers market a couple times a month.

Why is your nail so dirty?

I sharted in Walmart earlier and it got itchy.

Black currant, boiii