I bought a shitty rice cooker for $10 at a garage sale...

I bought a shitty rice cooker for $10 at a garage sale. Other than making thicc meme pancakes what can I do with this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157
youtube.com/watch?v=B3GlthLTN5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can use it to sterilize your underwear

you can use it to cook rice

try cooking rice with it

You can program brown rice to be done, after loading it up in the morning before you leave the house. That way you can shave time off of your :45 min cooking time, and make your 20 minute dinner without that extra 25 minutes of waiting!
tldr healthier cooking quicker

Uhh, keep rice warm when you have several people dining at different times, I guess. Kind of the crock pot of rice.

I have one. I keep it in the garage in a box, and break it out once or twice a year unless I have houseguests or some kind of busy period I need to prep my rice in the morning. It's not often. Frankly, I only eat plain steamed rice maybe every other week, like once. I make more one-pot skillet meals with it than alone. Arroz con pollo with lots of saffron and lime, pilaf, rice pudding :P It's rare really.

Favorite rice is jasmine, followed by valencia rice cooked with olive oil and onion. Congrats on your find!

why do people make these retarded threads
durrr what can i do with a rice cooker????
maybe say the name out loud again and think real hard

It can take up space on your counter needlessly.

Maybe buy a flat bottom wok while you're at it. You can make a soggy "stir fry" using random "asian" ingredients, and then shitpost for the rest of your life about how everyone is stupid except you, like this guy

If you can't cook rice on your stove in a pot, but you can cook rice in a pot shaped container in a device. You fucking suck as anything resembling a competent cook. You're utterly fucking worthless in the kitchen.

if you can't make your toast each morning one slice at a time by slicing it with a yanagi, and then toasting each slice with a fork and a bintochan grill, but you can toast bread with a special "toaster" with slots and some buttons, you're a fucking roundeye cumskin and you should commit sudoku yesterday

Jesus Christ, the degree with which you think a rice cooker is faster or easier than a simple pot worries me. WTF man? A rice cooker is a delocalized pot and heating element. Are you crippled?

If you have to send kids to school, or have chronic masturbation syndrome, I can see how you can't read "15 minutes" on a timing device, but jesus christ.

Nevermind, I'm sure it's Netflix and Rice. Wherever you come from.

>faster or easier than a simple pot
it's actually quite a bit slower than a simple pot, unless you use the quick cook cycle
> A rice cooker is a delocalized pot and heating element
no, it's also got computer inside, thermometers, and so on. are you retarded?

is that 15 minutes to make toast on a bintochan, or 15 minutes to ruin rice?

It's a 30 minute process, simmer for 15, element off for 15. Perfect fluffy rice.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

Rinse it until clear, first. Cold water.

I've cooked rice with a pot plenty of times. someone else's house, college roommate broke my rice cooker, and so on

you're not going to convince me that I don't "need" a convenient tool that I and billions of other people use every day. but you can whine and posture all you want about how you made rice all by yourself like a big boy, I'm here to listen ^_^

basmati needs to be dry roasted before cooking, but thank you for trying to "help" me ^_^

If you're dry roasting a long grain rice, I honestly can't help you.

you never were in a position to "help", but it's cute that you tried

btw basmati-eating cultures don't use rice cookers because basmati isn't good on its own. you generally make it into pilafs, biryanis, and so on, which is a more involved process not appropriate for automation

but you tried your best, and that is the important thing

It's fascinating how every recipe I've ever seen seems to call for roasting basmati. I think you're really onto something. Regardless, this boring piss fight is done. Do whatever you want to do. Nite.

ISN'T THAT DANGEROUS?!

thanks for the "advice" my white flyover friend

Enjoy summer in Lisbon or Bilbao I guess brown friend. Honestly I don't know what you could be.

The people in this video are silly but the recipes are nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=B3GlthLTN5s

There was no cooking in the video. What are you doing?

I keep forgetting how useless this place is. It's a commercial shithole for kids.