I'm planning on making my own pasta but I don't have a pasta machine...

I'm planning on making my own pasta but I don't have a pasta machine. I tried making it without it but I found I couldn't roll it well enough on my own.

any suggestions on pasta makers? I don't want to buy an expensive one only to find out the cheap ones work just as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

cooksillustrated.com/features/8544-how-to-make-handmade-pasta-without-a-machine
youtube.com/watch?v=-1OQRkDTdd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a cheap Atlas one. It's just a metal roller and an attachment or two.

I've hand rolled and cut mine before. It's really good with a meat sauce. Here's the technique/recipe cooksillustrated.com/features/8544-how-to-make-handmade-pasta-without-a-machine

>Get a cheap Atlas one.

This.

I think I paid like $75 for mine. They're built strong as shit so should last you a lifetime.

I've had the one in your pic for 10 years. Works great. I'm convinced it will never break.

The only machine you should ever buy is the Atlas 150. They nearly give them away on Amazon and they make great pasta. I taught my Aunt last summer how to make pasta and she's taken in it back to her friends.

>needing a machine to roll out flour mixed with eggs when you can just use a wine bottle stolen from a hobo
jesus christ are you crippled?

Been there, done that. Do you have all the time in the world? This is my hand rolled.

This is my Atlas 150. Thinner, more homogenous, more like fettucini.

This.
If you want to make your own pasta and not blow a bunch of money on a kitchenaid accessory, there's nothing wrong with just getting a roller.

>has time to argue on Veeky Forums
>doesn't have time to cook
youtube.com/watch?v=-1OQRkDTdd4

hope this helps user

For godsake don't say kitchenaid with regards to pasta. They're tiny, you can't control them, and they cost $250 out of the box. I have a kitchenaid blender and I wouldn't piss on that accessory.

Don't even make people aware of that vile device.

people who don't know how to cook think throwing money at gadgets will make up for their lack of skill

why do you think barely used pasta machines are available for $12 per metric ton on craigslist

I don't even have one honestly, I just kind of assume that they're solid general-purpose devices.

You're absolutely correct. My Aunt went back to Chilliwack and found an as good as Atlas machine for like 15 bucks. It's disgusting, especially when you consider it takes like 5 minutes to make a dough ball IN your kitchenaid and roll it out on an Atlas after that. They both work perfectly together.

They don't burn out when you put a solid dough in them. That's all that can be said. The dough loop is perfect for keeping the back breaking work at bay.

>Atlas machine
or you could just use a rolling pin and not be a lazy faggot

I did that, dipshit. See . I know you're some fat troll, but pasta machines are just better, for fucking nickels.

but I thought you were calling it a night

So you really are a basement case. GOD. That gave me shivers.

3rd floor, why would you assume my floor?

You officially scared me off like a single white female.

Never really understood autistic focus until now. You're like Mr. Robot if mister robot was observing Mr. Robot.

Dial that shit in, dude, before you get a visit.