youtube.com/watch?v=BWZZ2XtzSwc
youtube.com/watch?v=lh9YHtZzHfk
youtube.com/watch?v=Io_RidA1mlI
youtube.com/watch?v=3YLlYfa3Gj0
youtube.com/watch?v=eJOJjgZIftQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whiny little virgin defeatist pussy

>Portuguese writers
Very talented guys, but played themselves by writing in shit language.

>And Portuguese writers in general

better musicians than writers imo

A great read.

>writes book basically telling people never to give up
>defeatist

Veeky Forums HATES pessoa especially the book of disquiet

What the fuck are you talking about, if you want to read them you can pick up translations

The language in which you write does not affect your success

It's because they identify with it so thoroughly and hate the fact

no

>caring about Book of Disquiet
>not about Message or Alvaro De Campos

PLEB
L
E
B

VTNC PORTUGA FDP

VTTNCSFDPBCMEFACJCORDCPBQEACDCE

read about 10 pages of disquiet before i put it down.

i got this impression i really can't fucking stand hearing about the struggles of pitiful rich kids with daddy issues.

STOP READING PESSOA'S PROSE!

>and it's not even Pessoa's book

>Very talented guys, but played themselves by writing in shit language.

One of the most sonorous languages in the world:

youtube.com/watch?v=EflJ67AAZFc

youtube.com/watch?v=1g_p4Xcn5CE

youtube.com/watch?v=9YJaaVAQ5lE

Youthood is when you idealise Catcher In The Rye
Adulthood is when you realise that Book Of Disquiet is better

I liked The Book of Disquiet

>elis regina

MY MAN

>posts brazilian
We're talking European Portuguese which is the ugliest Romance language out there.

That song was the lullaby my father sang when he nursed me on his lap.

You're right in a way: they kind of consume the vowels and put more focus on the consonants: the result is a much rougher, less sweet, less solar sonority.

Sometimes it seems to me that Brazilian Portuguese sounds more like Italian than with the Portuguese from Portugal.

But Portugal has some great writers. Pessoa was a very gifted and hard-working individual.

>european portuguese is bad

What's with this meme

youtube.com/watch?v=BWZZ2XtzSwc

It's not a meme. European Portuguese sounds like French with very heavy Polish accent. It's harsh and unpleasant to ear. Songs have little to do with normal speech.

Normal speech has very little to do with writing.

>what is subvocalizing

>subvocalizing a language you don't understand

You're going to be reading translations, don't kid yourself.

>implying I'm as pleb as you
Uhm. No.

It sounds like drunk Russian.

You'll never have as good of an accent as a native speaker, so of course your subvocalizations are going to sound like garbage.

This is why Brazil is holding the beauty and value of the portuguese language!
Why would you link this shit music? ffs.
The brazilian user that linked the 3 videos choose 3 good songs.
Tugas ruining our mother language, feels bad.

btw good portuguese music:

youtube.com/watch?v=lh9YHtZzHfk

youtube.com/watch?v=Io_RidA1mlI

also forgot:
youtube.com/watch?v=3YLlYfa3Gj0

check the differences between br portuguese and pt portuguese.

Haha did anyone else notice he's wearing a fedora?

In case of Portuguese native speakers sound like garbage already. Also your claim is complete false. It's not hard to get rid of accent by yourself or with a speech trainer.

Not if you learn the language as a child.

As an adult, you'll never completely get rid of your accent.

I am an adult living abroad and I got rid of my accent completely in couple years time with some training. Same for fellow expats. You're literally pulling statements out of your ass.

>You're literally pulling statements out of your ass.
It's basic linguistics. You'll never get rid of your accent, you can imitate a native's just fine, but some specific phonemes will remain from your native language.

It's not linguistics at all, stop trying to appeal to things you don't understand. With enough training and perseverance you can learn to articulate absolutely anything from African clicks to Eskimo ejectives.

Joyce LARPer

>Ulysses published 1922
>pessoa's work were all structured prior to 1918

also, they ouevre are far different...

anons like is why this board will never progress. What good does to you to try to meme?

Brazilian is revolting to listen to, it's effeminate and dishonestly cheerful, a tropical dialect through and through.

European Portuguese does sound like Russian desu, which is a good thing.

>. What good does to you to try to meme?

I get to make nerds mad

Portuguese is a beautiful language, I don't understand this meme. Now German on the other hand....

Yes, for an insecure numale your viewpoint is justified.

You must be confused, my little simian friend, the testosterone deficient tend to be deferential to the tropics and your apelike ways.

I am Austrian. Your preoccupation with masculinity and complete disregard for grammar certainly proves your superiority to 'le brazilian apes'. Try /pol/ for more mature masculine 14 year olds like yourself.

Does it hurt your european pride knowing that the macaco state of Brazil is far more relevant and prosperous than the butthole of europe, aka Poortugal??

they're all shit

I got to be honest... it sounds really good

Reading this in my lit class right now. He sounds exactly like Am I missing something? I want to like him but it's so hard.

>I am Austrian. Your preoccupation with masculinity and complete disregard for grammar certainly proves your superiority to 'le brazilian apes'. Try /pol/ for more mature masculine 14 year olds like yourself.
You accused me of being a "numale" and now of being preoccupied with masculinity. You really are confused.

>relevant
Yes, the same way India is more relevant than Slovenia, but I'd still like to live in the latter.

>prosperous
lol, by all metrics brazil is a crime-ridden slum country. Portugal is poor by Western European standards (the highest in the world), they're miles better than your failed jungle state.

brazil also has zero writers worthy of mention

yeah because he doesn't take his own fucking advice

hue is delicious
also you have no idea what cultural referential huezilians carry
it's godly desu

german is delicious when whispered softly by a female user

oh, thank you so much :)

Sometimes is good to have some nice things said about your native tongue, especially when you are somewhat depressed: small and humble compliments always taste like a warm tide bursting inside of you.

Btw, where are you from?

Lösche das

Saramago and Camões were way better

This thread is the reason why Veeky Forums shows that mot of his users have 0 lit knowledge and only follow meme writers. Sasuga braindead idiots

Now replying to OP:
Pessoa is one of the most prolific portuguese writers and to my knowledge the one with the most Pseudonyms (in which every single one had a different writing style, ranging from the edgy/emo Alvaro de Campos to the jolly/happy-go-lucky Alberto Caeiro).
Camões, the writer of the Portuguese epic "The Lusiads", similar to Homero's Odyssey, but wrote in decassylabic ottava rima, narrating in semi fiction story the journey of the portuguese sailors to India (In that trip he lsot his eye, and in the return trip one of the boats capsized during a storm and he almost drowned while trying to save the book from getting wet)
Saramago doesn't need explanation, but he's hated for his lack of punctuation in his books.
You have many more like Bocage, Florbela Espanca, Miguel Torga, Almeida Garrett, Eça de Queiroz and Gil Vicente. Some will be ahrd to find in english, but Queiroz, Torga, Saramago and Pessoa have lots of is works published in english.

Great recomendations.

ITT: A bunch of brazuca hues pretending not to be brazucas and shitting on the absolute best romantic language, European Portuguese. Go fuck yerselves, galeras. Not a single normal person doesn't think your accent sounds unintelligent as fuck and trashy.

>Portugese writers
>ctrl-f "aesthetic value"
>mfw 0 hits

youtube.com/watch?v=eJOJjgZIftQ

Tabacaria

*heteronyms, pseudonyms is for losers

ITT: butthurt salazar fanboys struggle to come to terms with macaco state of brazil being more relevant than the romania of western europe

>being this assblasted that your romance language sounds like bad slavic
Just accept it, Pedro.

>tfw like both european and brazilian portuguese
>tfw rejeitado pela pátria portuguesa de meus ancestrais

>de meus ancestrais
DOS MEUS ANCESTRAIS! Use the article, Brasileiro de merda!

You can shape your life however you like,
It was already shaped before you lived it.
Why do you wish to trace on the ground
The fleeing shadow of the passing cloud?

wow, a country with 200m people is more "relevant" than a country with 10m??? truly incredible... my eyes are open now...