What do you guys think of my first pizza?

What do you guys think of my first pizza?

And how the fuck am I supposed to stretch the dough out properly? Shit's hard

You need to roll the dough out more after it proofs. Possibly turn the oven down because crust is crisp but pepperoni seems uncrisp and jalapenos aren't sweated much.

It it's truly your first, not too bad. Good topping choices.

Thanks, yeah I didn't roll it out at all, just tried doing it all by hand. The oven was pretty fucking hot ~600+ degrees

It looks like a total mess but a really tasty one, the dough itself looks delicious and the toppings look undercooked but nice. Main problem seems to be that its too thick.

Yeah, definitely roll it out. My wife makes homemade pizza and uses a wine bottle if you don't have a proper roller it works.

>600 degrees

Way too hot. Your home oven isn't a brick oven. Try more like 450.

>make a round ball
>let it proof
> lay it onto floured surface
>push down the middle with your fingers, make the middle nice and squished and the edges will be puffy
>begin working out from the inside to the outside so the puffy edge gets thinner
>now stretch just the edge, hold it still with your left hand and put your right hand next to your left, and then pull away slightly with your right, stretching that section of dough
>move left hand slightly to the left and repeat all the way around the pizza, holding with the left and pulling with the right.

then you will have a nice big round pizza. I learned this at a pizzeria that makes a pretty decent pie

It cooked for about 13 mins on a stone in a gas oven. Not sure exact temp because my thermometer was maxed out at 600 degrees

The pepperoni was a bit firm, you think it was because the massive crust ballooned up around it? Unfortunately don't have a convection feature

I was very happy with the dough recipe though, don't think i'll change it at all until I can fine tune the other issues

>I learned this at a pizzeria that makes a pretty decent pie
I think you meant open-faced sandwich

Thanks, how would that affect the cook time? Increase to 15-17 mins or is it more about just looking at it?

I hate having to peak, for all the obvious reasons. But the truth is your going to have to guestimate and peak until you get it down. Just consider your meal as gaining experience points at a valuable skill.

Yeah I knew it would take many tries to get it right but definitely an impressive skill when done properly

hand pulling a pizza is hard. it would take me weeks of hands on training and you may still not get it. Better to look rustic than over work the dough to make a picture perfect pizza that crust is shit from being overworked hence throwing.

>definitely roll it out
I will put you in the pizza oven son.

easy Hans

Why? You want me to meet your relatives Jew?

>What do you guys think of my first pizza?

Looks good. Clean the jalapenos next time, char the skin and remove it, remove the seeds and membranes.

Let the dough rest in between stretching it.

I'd rather it Op`s pizza than some perfect looking pizza your wife fucked up squeezing the air pockets out. Why even proof at the point? you absolute pleb.

Enjoy those totinos baby boy. It's fun while it lasts.

What dough recipe did you use?

Upboat for going with fresh jalapeƱos.

They really taste so much better than pickled.

16.5oz '00' flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbs sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbs oil

Rised in fridge for 24 hours

I'd eat the fuck out of that pizza.
Would prefer topping more spaced out and less crust but I'd eat it.

take the dough disc and put it on one of your closed fists. then put your other fist touching the first under the dough (fists both facing upward). then make small circular motions with your fists to spread the dough out. takes a bit to get used to but this is how they did it at a pizza place i worked

Thanks. By the way, aside from being a bit puffy, your pizza looks quite good.

fahrenheit or celsius?

600F seems about right even for a home oven. i do 550F because that's as high as my oven goes and it turns out good after about 8 or 10 minutes

op's pic looks like it should have been taken out just a bit earlier

how does 00 flour work compared to regular bread flour

also i've tried both proofing in a warm oven for 1-2 hours and proofing in fridge for 24 hours and haven't really noticed a difference

Roll the dough into a ball, let it rise, stretch roughly into the shape of your greased pan, lay on pan and let it raise slightly again, lightly press dough to edges of pan, remove from pan the last few minutes of cooking. Also 600 is too hot you'll want it like 450-500

>Fahrenheit or Celsius
You don't really think he's trying to cook a pizza at over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit right?

Looks bretty gud :DDD

>Pie
What were the pizzas like though?

The trick is not to roll it, but to reat it in a warm spot then stretch it from rhere after patting it down

just told another 1st timer pizza fag.

buy pizza pan ( circular pan )

press in doe firm and even, i use a wine bottle

cover with dmap towel and let dough rest for 15-20 min put on sauce and topping and straight int oyour preheated oven