Okay lads times to stop fucking around and read McElroy...

Okay lads times to stop fucking around and read McElroy. I'm a quarter of the way through my seccond mcelroy (actress) and it's just as addictive and good as the last one I read(ancient). Apparently these aren't even his best works (only ones I could find) and they are totally enthralling. I saw people say he's just a meme (probably talking about WAM) who's "waaay obtuse" and "totally devoid of emotion or anything to say" or "difficult for the sake of being difficult" and to that I say you haven't read him my family. If you have the slightest interest in him order one of his books. I'm actually having "FUN" reading them, yeah that's right, fun, you know that thing you're supposed to have when you read a book. Sorry this is vague don't want to write anymore than I already have. FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANYTHING.

*mcelroy adds 5 cents to anons account*

What did he meme by this?

What?
You're too much of a pussy to read Lookout Cartridge? His non-meme masterpiece?

>stop fucking around and read McElroy

So you're saying spending $200 on out of print po-mo novels is "not fucking around?"

Really makes you think

Are you retarded. Go on abebooks they are $5. My man these 2 books are the only ones I could find in my city but I have ordered the rest of his stuff from abe, except women and men.

Also you meant to say smugglers bible

You are right that people should read him but I don't think this post will accomplish anything.

I just got an ex library actress in the house for 4 bucks on abe books. Hardcover.

People seeing an authors name here is enough to get them to read said author. It's like some mind fuck shit. If you just made a post that said "joseph mcelroy" it would somehow influence people to read him.

Gass poster did this to me. Honestly thankful for him.

>read a meme author

No thank you.

how did you get hinds kidnap for that price

That's the only one you can't get cheap. Probably because it's bads

is this the bright lights, big city dude? absolute trash

>be McElroy
>publish new book
>dust jacket blurbs contain praise for my other novels
>...that have been out of print for 30 years
>mfw

He's not a meme reeeeee. You aren't even smart enough to read him reeee.

No

that would have been inmensly better than OP's ironic funny guy vomit. if anything it makes me want t o put it off even more until I forget this dreadful thread or sweet release comes in the form of death.

>haha you're wasting time and not reading this amzin author xD all those people that say hes obscurantist and overbearing are wrong!! Im not gonna say ehy hes amazing tho tee hee

yeah no fuck off.

OP here. I'm doing exactly what that guy said

What's this guy's issue lol.

>I'm actually having "FUN" reading them, yeah that's right, fun, you know that thing you're supposed to have when you read a book.

J.K. Rowling is """fun""" so why arent you reading her """masterpeice""" user

Because that's genre

>I'm actually having "FUN" reading them, yeah that's right, fun, you know that thing you're supposed to have when you read a book.

Honestly curious, do you guys not enjoy reading literature?

Lit fears this author. Same with gaddis haha

I haven't had fun reading since I used to read Sci fi and fantasy but now I feel guilty even looking at those books desu.

Dang user, that is really depressing. Then why do you do it? To impress this board?

No because I feel like reading is the highest form of entertainment. Every once and a while I have fun. Like with J R or mason and Dixon but I usually end up reading 5 shit books in between.

>highest form of entertainment

Is it not?

it might be but what does status matter if it doesn't fulfill the basic role of entertainment? Most of us read literature as opposed to sci-fi or something because we enjoy it more, what is the point if you aren't having fun? What does "highest form" actually mean?

I'm still entertained even if I'm not having fun. I feel like I'm wasting time watching TV or listening to music.

I think I am starting to follow you, gonna need some semantics though. Define entertainment and what makes literature its zenith.

Well for me nothing beats a great book. I get entertained for hours on end and learn some shit feel some shit. Yeah good tv shows and movies are nice but the bang for your buck with books just can't be beat.

Mcelbump

just like Hawkes, Barth and Theroux. PoMo writers fizzle out real fast once they pass the age of 50.

is gaddis the exception

yes

No