Have chorizo

>have chorizo
>have eggs
>now what?

it feels like its missing something. its good, but it gets harder to eat as you continue.

how do you prepare your chorizo and eggs? bonus (YOU)s for extra ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xfURDiCc-6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

potatoes, peppers, maybe onion

is it hard and salami like? or is it soft like jimmy dean?

its soft. loose chorizo. also its pork chorizo if it makes a difference

how do you prepare you eggs?

I dunno. In a skillet.
How do you breathe?

Buy a bag of frozen potatoes O Brien and chuck them in the pot at the same time as you chuck the mexican chorizo in there. No oil needed as the chorizo fat will lubricate the pan. Then add eggs towards the end.

This, and then wrap it in a tortilla. Optional cheese addition as well

Try putting it over the heat and not fucking with it, don't stir it. Mexican chorizo is different than Spanish chorizo. I'd post a URL but it gets flagged as spam.

I make tacos by cooking the chorizo in a skillet then directly scrambling the eggs into it. Put a couple tortillas on squares of aluminum foil, grate some cheese onto each tortilla, then put on the chorizo and eggs. Wrap those bad boys up in the foil nice and tight then throw them into the oven on broil. Leave them in until either you feel a great disturbance in the force or the cheese melts, I usually go by the former because unwrapping and checking then rewrapping is a pain in the ass.

>it gets flagged as spam
Stupid filter can't tell the diffence between chorizo and canned meat

I use picante sauce

>cook ~80-200 g chrorizo in pan for ~2-5 minutes along with 1-2 cut of shallots, or 1/2 - 1 onion
>put 400g can of tomato into pot, along with 1l vege stock, bring to boil
>add arborio rice and maybe more oil to pan, cook for a few minutes
>add 200ml red wine
>also add a teaspoon of cayenne, potentionally about 1.5 tsp of xanthoxylum powder
>add 1 ladle of stock to pan every minute or so, adding more when it boils away, until rice is cooked
poach a couple of eggs in the remaining stock
>mix an amount of grated cheese into the rice, cover the pan and let steam for ~5 minutes
>serve poached eggs ontop of your meal
It's pretty good.

Pro-tip newfriend, just drop a period or add a space to thr URL

Eggs, chorizo, and rice is a classic Hawaiian breakfast. Get on that portagee lifestyle brudda

9/10 post

This is a gud post.
I may be retarded for asking, but any particular type of red wine? I know fuckall about wine and don't want to fuck something up using a sweet wine that should've been dry or something.

mmmmm, spleen.

Cooking wine is basically the cheapest wine you can find, you're not supposed to use a fine wine for cooking

This.
Cook chorizo until it starts leaking the magnificent red grease.
Add potatoes cut into 1/4" cubes
When potatos are half done, add diced jalapeno, bell peppers and onion.
When potatoes are almost done, not too soggy, you fucking pleb, add scrambled eggs.
Tortilla, salsa, cheese(optional)

I chop up bits of tortillas (corn) and fry them in the pan with the chorizo. When they get toasty I put the eggs on top and maybe some red salsa for extra flavor, and finish cooking it.
My red salsa is basically just some tomatoes and peppers boiled till they're soft and then liquefied.

>its soft. loose chorizo. also its pork chorizo if it makes a difference
that's mexican style, and not really the breakfast egg kind, in my experience. Spain cured sausage is harder chorizo, looks like pepperoni. You basically can think of this softer kind as oil-flavoring, not meat to eat.

For instance, brown up some chorizo, not much, maybe the size of a single breakfast patty, render out all that luscious garlic, paprika, tumeric, cumin flavors into the oil....take out the chorizo...then make your hash browns in the flavored oil. For the home cook saving money on spices is where chorizo is the workhouse of the frugal cook.

Soft pork chorizo can be added to ground beef to make a cuban "frita" burger. About 1/4th to 1/2th of chorizo to the beef (or pork or chicken), and combine. Pat out into burgers, and griddle up. Cubans serve the sandwich on a toasted cuban bread roll, hard to find, but anyway, crispy shoestring fries, touch of tomato or ketchup, sometimes an egg or sweet maduros.

Soft chorizo can also be used in the oil-flavor-quick-seasoned food kind of sense by adding chorizo to your taco meat. So when chopping up some steak, you add a little chorizo there too. Some latin americans put it into a soft sausage link, and chori- is a suffix that is added when ordering your steak sandwich, like chori-pan. It's not alone, but in addition to other meat when it really shines. It kicks things up a notch.

Because of the high fat and highly seasoned sense, too much is a greasy bad thing. Think about it when adding to eggs, a little goes a long way, and the dry (seca) chorizo is a little bit better, just finely mince it.

By soft, do you mean the stuff that is ground but not injected into an intestine? That is the stuff I use. It is sold in a package just like Country Sausage right? I used to get that shit all the time. Since I've moved to the wrong side of the country, I can't even find chorizo all the time and when I do, it's in a fucking skin.

Comfy as fuck video.
This is my Saturday brunch.
youtu.be/xfURDiCc-6M

Comfy as fuck desu
Is anyone else bothered that he dirtied two bowls for two eggs? Did each egg really need it's own bowl?

Didn't bother me.
I wish more YT cooking channels were like this.

I think he just did it to save time on camera or to make it easier to spread the eggs out. But, some people also do it in case you get a spoiled egg it won't contaminate the rest.

That makes sense, though I've never come across a spoiled egg before.

It's actually my video.
I used two bowls because the eggs were fresh from my hens and you do occasionally get one with an embryo in it.

I accept your reasoning and you are forgiven.
Good vid

Thanks, Man.
It's old and that's not actually me but the idea for the channel and recipes was mine.
It was a project for my dissertation that kind of got out of hand.

Sounds delish, will test it out. Thanks user

They don't divide cooking wine and drinking wine at my Safeway or Grocery Outlet. Should I just get the cheapest thing possible? One of those giant wine boxes or some shit?

Also, your comment that you're "not supposed" to cook with drinking wine is acknowledged, but...what if I did?

>Also, your comment that you're "not supposed" to cook with drinking wine is acknowledged, but...what if I did?
There's nothing wrong with it I guess, it's just a waste. Although it's odd that your store doesn't have cooking wine.

>They don't divide cooking wine and drinking wine at my Safeway
I bet you they do! Go to the condiment isle and look in the vinegar section. You will find the cooking wine there.

Just get whatever is cheapest but also tastes good to you. It'd be a waste to use more expensive wines but if you use something that tastes bad you'll probably think it tastes bad when used in cooking too.

Cooking wine usually has a bunch of salt added to it, to the point that it would make someone sick if they tried to drink it. I think it gets taxed less because of that and it's a way for them to use up any old/bad tasting wines. I wouldn't use it, personally.

>It'd be a waste to use expensive wine
>Cooking wine is shit, don't use it

Sorry, forgot I was asking Veeky Forums and the obvious right answer is to never cook anything again.

Why so dramatic? And you ignored half of my post. I meant don't cook with a $20+ bottle if you think a bottle that costs $10 or less tastes good, and cooking wine is just cheap (as in bad) wine with salt in it so there's no point in using that. You'll just end up with a bad tasting sauce that's probably too salty.

Both statements are true though. Use the following rule of thumb: cook with the cheapest wine you'd actually drink.

You usually won't if you're just buying generic supermarket eggs. I think it's because they have more advanced sorting techniques and can take out the bad eggs, and the good ones don't spoil for a long time. If you buy higher quality eggs you might find some with a blood spot in them sometimes.