>You can never establish perfect knowledge about what is worth pursuing
>You inevitably age and die

How does one deal with this?

>Someday I will die
Pretty comforting, desu

But what do you do inbetween?

who gives a shit

me, and some other people too

Live? Have fun, create, have sex, drink, meditate, etc.

How do I know if these thigns are worth pursuing? Why not asceticism, literature and abstract thought?

cause hedonism feels good

>he's going to die
Lmfao pathetic. I am going to have my nervous system implanted into a young clone, and I may rape my older self when I resurrect on my space yacht.

this is the real answer folks

set your own goal.

If you want to release a scream that lasts for eternity, get into drawing/writing and make a few high quality books/mangas. Future historians that specialize in specific media of a century will dig your book.

One solution I've contemplated is that what should be pursued is the furtherance of the conscious capacity, thereby enabling a more perfect ability to answer the question, until such a time when the question can be adequately answered. Of course, one must assume the answer will have value to set down this path.

Also this is a thread for Veeky Forums, OP, not Veeky Forums

no Veeky Forums hates humanities.

You answered you own question. Death, and what happens afterwards.

Oh, sorry. I was thinking there would be book recommendations on this topic

This is not a bad idea, it just makes me wonder, if a person had ever reached the point where they could answer the question, why didn't they share it with us? Or did they? If yes, who, how do I find out?

While we are on this

Any good literature written in the bavarian dialect?

Stop being such a naturalistic materialist asshole

I'm not, I promise

Then what are you? Do you believe in God?

The prophecies of the Mühlhiasl.

>tfw I want to learn about everything but that will simply lead to a wide but shallow knowledge base
>tfw I want to learn a lot about one specific thing but that will lead to a deep but narrow knowledge base

WHAT DO

>>You can never establish perfect knowledge about what is worth pursuing
You can never have perfect knowledge about whether or not this is a worthwhile question
>>You inevitably age and die
You can't have perfect knowledge of the death part, assuming here that you have not died and are not dead

You can't have perfect knowledge >inb4 relativism, I'm not saying that truth doesn't exist. Different statements.

Pick an academic discipline to limit your line of inquiry, then study everything through the lens of your discipline (and presumably sub-discipline)

>How do I know if these thigns are worth pursuing?
You don't. That's what's so great about it.

>perfect knowledge about what is worth pursuing
How would this knowledge come to be? In what form? Do you believe it's possible to arrive at a pragmatic solution to your problem or is this more of a thought experiment/exercise in defeatism or whatever?

Rejoice in the fact that you will inevitably rejoin the world soul.

Haha! I am only mentally and physically able to be a bank teller, sucks to be you! And at least I get paid much better than my last job at Mcdonalds, do much less work now too.

The answer would determine the likelihood that the person would share it - although I very much doubt anyone has - plus I was thinking less along the line of personal enlightenment and reflection and more along the line of artificial intelligence and brain-computer interfacing as the methodology to approach the/a satisfactory solution