At what point did math stop being full intuitive and make 100% sense after learning it once for you?

At what point did math stop being full intuitive and make 100% sense after learning it once for you?
Under 130IQ normie brainlets need not reply

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvmuCPvRoWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Math
>Intuitive

Gotta build those pathways before you can use them user.

It only starts getting more and more intuitive user

It only stopped being intuitive during my senior thesis on infinite dimensional comotological structures. But I was never really stuck

This. Practice, practice, practice.

I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of imaginary numbers. What a crock of shit. If your equation can only be solved by inventing numbers that can't exist, like some kind of math deity , then you are fucking wrong and the math is flawed. Same for algebra solutions that basically say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is". Thats what the math said transcribed to words but god forbid if i wrote in down in english instead of the ancient math runes the teacher word mark me wrong.

Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

It's not your imaginary friend that's touching you at night.

You see, children, this is what a dipshit looks like. Complex numbers enabled us to create MRIs, stock trading algorithms, and almost anything to do with electrical engineering.

Also, there's only one imaginary number.

hello dear pastaguy

What the fuck did you just fucking say about complex numbers, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of imaginary numbers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Gebra, and I have over 300 crocks of shit. I am trained in equations that can only be solved by inventing numbers that can't exist and I’m the top math deity in the entire US academic forces. You are nothing to me but fucking wrong. I will wipe you the fuck out with math the flaws of which have never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of algebra solutions across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is", maggot. The math that says the pathetic little thing transcribed to words. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can mark you wrong in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just if you write it down in english instead of ancient math runes. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Logical Math Corps and I will use numbers that never lie to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy flaws your little “clever” human construct was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit complex numbers all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Yet another example of a problem that could have been avoided if Cauchy sequences were introduced in 2nd grade

top fucking lel

>numerous secret raids on Al-Gebra
lost it there

Or field extensions. Or characteristic polynomials of matrices.

This.

Once you are aware of many of the common techniques, seeing them applied in different contexts is pretty much copy and paste with a slight translation. Shit starts to look painfully obvious.

Math was never about intuition. Intuition is for women. Math makes a lot more sense when you just approach it like a set of arbitrary rules, like a video game.

This. Everyone starts with "apples and more apples".

for me it was about half way through my masters in pure maths
this just isn't true once you start getting really abstract

You're getting trolled friends.

For me it was probably some time in differential topology or Riemannian geometry where the general picture is much more sophisticated than anything I previously saw (all the different spaces and canonical maps between them). Eventually I developed mental images and intuition but it took some time to get there. I feel like every time I struggle with a concept in mathematics it makes me more prepared to struggle with the next one.

Brainlet detected. If you think like this you will never be able to come up with new, creative ideas.

>secret raids on Al-Gebra
Holy shit. I don't think I've ever lost it so hard before

Trig.
Trig didn't become intuitive to me until I did tons of higher math.
So far, trig was the biggest academic roadblock I've ever dealt with. I steam rolled through calc 1, 2 and 3, but fucking trig. Failed it twice.

Your making the mistake of thinking numbers exist, just because their manipulation corresponds to counting sets of objects.

A number is an abstract idea. It can represent either ordinality or cardinality of a set. Unless you are a platonist there is nothing 'real' about it.

Math is about making definitions or properties, and then carrying those properties to their logical end. Since the world seems to be governed by logical rules, these abstract notions tend to have real world correspondence.

As others pointed out. Imaginary numbers aren't real, just like numbers are not 'real'. But their logical properties correspond to phenomena in the real world.

nice copypasta you have there

I know this is bait, but 'imaginary numbers' is just a bad term for an entirely valid concept. 'Complex numbers' is a much better term.

For anyone interested who is not comfortable with the concept of complex numbers, check this video out: youtube.com/watch?v=mvmuCPvRoWQ

>thread instantly derailed again because retards cant just laugh at a copypasta and move on

i thought this was the ashkenazi board