Why is philosophy and psychology talked about on Veeky Forums?

Why is philosophy and psychology talked about on Veeky Forums?

Have any better ideas, Einstein?

They are the most important fields for discussions about art and the aesthetic.

Make a new board.

Or Veeky Forums since it's the more intelligent board.

Yeah, /history and humanities/ has an obnoxious rule that everything has to be at least 25 years old.

I actually think having Veeky Forums include philosophy, the humanities, art and even the "social sciences" is a good thing. A Philosophy board would be completely insufferable and a terrible idea. It'd just be New Atheists vs White Nationalists and that's essentially what /pol/ is.

oh tell me

how do you separeta psychology.from.crime and punishment

or.philosophy from anythkng

jjst kys yourself.stipid ingred

Because its an easy way to sock puppet thinkers into pushing your politics on people

Because Western Philosophy is primarily a literary endeavour. Makes perfect sense that it's discussed here.

makes wonder, what if Socrates played the banjo instead of talking...

Veeky Forums is on part with /b/

Most threads are 4×(5+1)÷4 (3×2)

With 10 different answers in the first 20 posts

Because this is the board for pseudointellectualism.

You're simply not smart enough to understand the genius

art I would love and philosophy is acceptable but they shouldn't be so fucking many threads that phil practically dominates this baord

But art threads are my favorite really.

Why do you exist, OP?

Because most of them can be traced to individual or several works of literature

Why do you want to ruin everything that is Good?
Lit is the intellectual safe haven board. A +100 quality/value conversation should not be interupted and deleted because it is -9 away from Pure Litness

Hey.. Complain about all the bait and troll and repeat and daily "waht ya think of nietzhe?" "should I start with the greeks?" "And in conclusion, I really loved.. Lolita... really nabokov?"... "How do I into poetry/", "I bought this book... did I like it?"

Delete all those threads instantly when they appear, with a sign to the OP "look at archive". And then maybe the 5 philosophy threads at a time in the catalog wont be so cumbersome for your sensitive ways

>Why is philosophy and psychology talked about on Veeky Forums?
Because writers without good knoweledge and seeking of Phil and Psych write YA and Genre fiction. Alas... the answer

>philosophy
Almost all notable philosophy is in print. And even the rare cases that aren't, still exist totally in the context of previously published print material.

I dont have a problem with these threads (some of them, if they bump kill a good one), but you should before you have a problem with Phil and Psych

This

Veeky Forums is the best board for the discussion of philosophy/psychology because of the nature of written language.

An author attempts to crystallize his fleeting ideas in writing, and obviously, these wouldn't be trivial ideas but ideas that carry meaning. They're usually based on a premise that correlates to reality and/or the human condition.

It just seems natural that similar mechanisms of thought would be conjured from the minds of the readers.

I hope this doesn't sound dumb