Buying pre-chopped vegetables

>buying pre-chopped vegetables

So what, it saves time.

>Not going to your local vegetable butcher to have your veggies professionally chopped.

>buying vegetables from the store

I wish I could buy bags of just broccoli stems but there's always some shitty florets mixed in.

>making a greentext thread on Veeky Forums

>skipping the middleman and buying babyfood

Where else would you get them?

your backyard

>local vegetable butcher

Laughed out loud desu. Have a (tu)

>>buying pre-chopped vegetables
Every now and then, I see that the portion is kind of a better price and not such a bad deal. I don't often buy it myself, because I doubt it was properly cleaned.

There's kind of a western omelet starter chop-chop in my produce area: the trinity of: red onion, bell pepper, celery, mushroom mixture. I see a lot of people throwing it into their cart with a skeptical eye. But, to be fair? I can imagine anyone, even myself, on like a no carb diet, in a busy morning, tossing a couple Tablespoons each day into my omelet pan while doing something else like reading email, making coffee, packing the lunch box, etc. The only cleanup is the pan, not a cutting board and knife. Sure you can do it yourself, but like I said, the price can sometimes be right. When you buy a carton of mushrooms ($3) and cleaned them yourself, bunch of celery hearts ($3), bag of baby peppers ($4), bag of onions ($3), and made you own? Or had to use it up before spoilage? Your overall grocery bill might be less. I toss out bad celery and peppers really often if I don't rescue them to the freezer for use later.

tl;dr
Gotta remember it's not always laziness, but could make economical sense, not just convenience.

Latinos make a sofrito they dip a couple tablespoons at a time into as a recipe starter too. It's basically the trinity with a lot of cilantro/culantro and spices. Grandmas deliver them from their freezers to grandchildren if you're lucky, or live with an inlaw. It is economical to use all the herbs before they spoil, kind of like freezing your basil.

this is some next level ja/ck/ posting

am I a pleb?

>Being a poor-cuck who can't pay the proletariat to chop their veggies

Are the prices negative because you get paid to eat it?

>tfw you can remember 90% of these atrocities from the top of your head

>not mincing your own garlic so your fingers stink for the rest of the night

>Bean dip
>no beans

kek

I hope you don't go outside like that

jej

5 minutes is worth more than $2.

>low quality Alaskan salmon
ah, perfection

How the fuck long does it take you to cut veggies?

I live alone and spend a lot of (often unscheduled) time away from home, hence I mostly buy frozen vegetables and meat except for things that last a long time in the fridge like onions and carrots

Uh, who you talking to? Watch your tone, I'm not your damn mama.

Obviously I'm talking to a slow ass motha fucka who cant spend 10 seconds cutting a fuckin carrot without bitchin bout ruinin they fuckin pedicure!

God damn it, I almost started RPing again. Tough habit to break.

>eating there

Underrated post.

You've obviously never made stirfy with precut veggies, that shit is made specifically for stir-fries

>napalm the Palestinians race war now

If I want to make stir fry I can either buy red bell peppers for $2 a piece, a bunch of sugar snap peas for ~$1.50 a lb, broccoli at a similar price, a pack of mushrooms for $4, a pack of carrots for $2, and an onion for ~$0.80. Or I could buy a pack of frozen, pre-cut stir fry mix vegetables that has all of those in it for $1.15. Sure I'll have less left over, but it can also make a quick meal just by being microwaved with some soy sauce and garlic powder in a bowl. I like fresh vegetables as much as the next guy, but the frozen ones aren't bad at all if they're steamed or fried and they're significantly cheaper. I make $10 an hour, I gotta save man.

>buying any meat other than 50c/lb chicken from save-a-lot

My parents actually did the block of cream cheese with salsa poured over it thing at a party they hosted once. It was long before Jack did it and they don't even know who he is. They served it with some tortilla chips and used a fancy, expensive salsa. It was actually bretty gud, believe it or not. I think it could be improved on though, like using fresh homemade salsa and maybe sculpting the cream cheese into a more appetizing shape.

>ywn be served a dish made by Jack dual-wielding Meat Claw Forks

what's the point of living

>buying premilked milk
>buying prepicked fruits
>buying deactivated almonds
>buying prefished fish
>buying prechurned butter
>

Fucken saved

People actually do this? That's actually fucking pathetic.