Al/ck/ - Alcoholism & Withdrawal

Time for a new one, lads and ladettes.

How are you?

fine

Sobriety sucks. I'm smoking pot to cope, only 3 or 4 hits at night after everything has been taken care of. Still drink on the weekends though. I just need something to take the edge off the day. Practically a shut-in at this point. Just need that sweet numbness to take hold.

>start project moderation after a month off
>have some cheeky glasses of wine over the evening and feel nice and comfy and think I'm going to sleep like a baby
>can't sleep the entire night
>still awake 24 hours after my first glass yesterday
>mfw

What in the fuck. Alcohol is supposed to be a downer.

>sobriety
>still drink
>still smoke pot
pick one.

glutamine rebound

Sobriety sucks so as an alternative pot and cutting back.

You sir, are an fag.

drank all night. fell asleep on couch. woke up and ate half a burrito. now i'm drinking vodka and seltzer, cuz i need water.

that's fine but don't call it sobriety

Interesting, never heard of it. This would explain why I was always tweaking and walking 20km at night when coming off a bender, but I didn't expect it after a moderate sessions.

Does the weed help well?

I've cut down from an average of 20 drinks per day to 5 over the past 2 weeks. Feels good to not be shaking, sweating, confused, and nauseated. Gonna keep tapering until I'm no longer physically addicted, fuck alcohol. I've done all this before last year and went back harder than ever, how stupid of me to continue this torture.

Imagine being so far gone that you consider smoking pot and only drinking on weekends 'sobriety'

These threads make me feel better. I always feel like an alcoholic for drinking 20 beers per week but that seems to be the average nightly rate for a lot of people here

>went out on a first date with a girl
>agree to get drinks
>get to the bar 20 minutes before her
>nervous as fuck
>start ordering shots of whiskey to loosen up
>feeling good
>she walks in
>asks if i've been here long
>say no I just sat down
>bartender comes up and asks if i want another shot of whiskey
>mfw

you, sir, are an adolescent

That's how a lot of normies live their life without any idea of a problem though.

Not good.

headache. Drinking vodka to cure it

Does anyone else like being in the dark all the time?

I put blackout curtains over all my windows, I hate the god damn sun

What a fuckin dick

That's still a lot. Don't use us as an excuse to become one of us.

Being dazzled by light can be a sign of withdrawals, I think. They asked me a few times in detox, not sure if it was to adjust benzo dosage.

>That's still a lot. Don't use us as an excuse to become one of us.
Pretty much everyone I know drinks as much or more than me though. It's just so socially acceptable in my city and state especially

I feel like everything sucks, nothing interests me, only thing that keeps me alive is the work, that I like to do, I do not have any hobbies, I at least used to run or ride a bike, don't have any GF, I just drink, my average is like 4-5 beers every night after work, when I need to chill out, or at least get some decent sleep until the next day comes and I get to go to work again.

I see you're good at coming up with excuses for excessive consumption. You'll fit in just fine here desu

Wisconsin?

What do you do for work user?

>Adolf Hitler - Mein Kampf

yes
thank you, coming up with excuses for being a failure is what I'm good at

I work in a law office, mostly Insolvencies and enforcement of claims on people in debt. I just don't really care for anything else atm., my life is seriously just work and beer and sleep.

6 days sober, so fucking bored. At least I'm not physically addicted...

>Have to stay home during summer at parents
>Can't be alone at dorm until september
>Can't drink enough to get the mood on to listen to nice tunes and do sudokus all day
Horrible, just horrible.

>for 6 months, have only been able to stand up if drunk. Otherwise immediately vomit instantly and repeatedly, every single time
Anyone else get this? I'm so fucking unhappy it's going to kill me before the alcohol does

>f
you have to stay drunk then. I am sorry.-

thats fucked up

is this just from the alcohol? Are you Smirnoffbro?

>6 months

rip mate

For me it helps. Basically if I didn't have it at home as a possible use, otherwise I know that after a soul crushing day at the office I would stop and get a bottle of something. I don't like the way it makes me feel but it's preferred to nothing.

this is the alcohol killing you m8.

>alcoholic thread
>just a bunch of normalfaggots that get drunk twice a week on a 6 pack or a few drinks, people that dont drinking talking about DUDE WEED LMAO, and people that are sober

based nu4chan

ok Chad

also just summing up the last few threads

For how many minutes have you been coming here?

all the real alcoholics died

the media tells me that drinking alone makes me a alcoholic though

Whiskey tastes like shit, fight me

>people trying to better themselves
>hurr stop being normies

b8

Same here was sober for 10 months then decided to torture myself again, only had a sixer of beer yesterday hoping to be off of it by next week.

I'm horrified to confess that I'm quite certain you're correct. I'm so scared that it just makes me drink more.
Thx ;_;
Guess so. And nah, that man is blatantly dead.
Yup.
Yup.

I don't want to die but I'm not certain that I want to live. Fuck alcohol.

Hey, be sure to eat your vitamins and stay hydrated, best of luck man.

Smirnoffbro is dead man. Pretty sure we've been through this already...

so are you going to just admit defeat and throw in the towel?

Wishing you both success. It's hell.

I went from drinking a 5th of vodka/jim beam everyday for two years to only drinking with mates on the weekends now. Never got withdrawals and just stopped one day didn't get cravings either. I told my doctor this and he said you just grew out of it and some people can just stop But to be carefull on weekends becuase i could go back into the cycle again. Buts its been 3 years and never feel like drinking on the weekdays anymore.

Is this rare? al/ck/

I don't take any other drugs but i do smoke cigarettes.

Bars are ALWAYS dark. Alkies seem to prefer it.

Read up on kindling
If you keep drinking daily and never get withdrawals you can quit cold turkey basically any time you want without anything happening

Guess its like this on every Veeky Forums board

>Smirnoffbro is dead

I don't want to believe that. I want to believe he got his shit together, put down the bottle and left this place. Like all of us will, right?

...right?

i was horribly bored today. went out on the town for a bit, then came home and cleaned my apartment really well. then cooked a decently healthy meal. feeling pretty good right now. just try to keep busy!

No m8, wine isn't really my thing in the first place. I like pissy lager and moonshine the most.

I think I can manage a few of those every few days or so.

So im one of the lucky ones?

Thanks, yeah it's hell, but the worst part is over now. I already have some fun little projects planned out for the money that would have otherwise gone toward alcohol. Last year, I didn't have any plans or goals, so that was one of the main problems. There were also people who caused a lot of stress for years who all either moved away, or I told them to fuck off and stay out of my life.

He did put the bottle down.
Withdrawals killed him.

But hey, he quit drinking!

Please tell me you guys are megadosing milk thisle

AYO WHO FUKS WIT CIROC? WHIPPO N THEY WHISKY SMDH!

I need help but can't stop myself.

im gonna get sober tomorrow I swear

I only started drinking 5 months ago and now I go through 2 liters of vodka a week. Doctor won't let me have meds that I need for work because muh alcoholism. Now I'm stuck buying booze with NEETbux. I already quit pot, why won't my doctor give me benzos to stop this bullshit? I came off benzos a year ago with a different doctor, what's so different now? I'm struggling and they expect me to just quit?

Grabbed a bottle of this, pretty good shit.

but it's $55, and lagaluvin 16 is $65. I feel somewhat wasteful using lagaluvin for rusty nails and godfathers but it's worth the $10 upcharge.

i have a habit of once every 3 months or so ill go get drunk and then get high and then gorge on pizza and the end up dehydrated and needing to vomit and have to drink water to puke

and then i go back to my fitness regime after that

they'll only give you benzos if you drink so much that you wind up in the hospital
so, im not exactly encouraging this, but next time you have a week long binge go to the emergency room.
they'll say you're low on fluids give you a couple bags have you stay overnight etc and in the end you'll get a thing of benzos

I drink very consistently, and I can't risk the ATF coming to take my guns away due to a hospital visit (/k/ommando who would never consider commitinng suicide or homicide)

>5 weeks in treatment
>40 days sober
y-yay

proofs?

used to be like you, till i stopped and started too many times
now i get seizures when i stop

>Quit smoking
>Quit drinking
>Start exercising

If I can do it so can you al/ck/

wow insane. some people are beyond redemption.

Been off booze for a week. First time stopping. See no reason yet why I need to start drinking yet. I have been devouring food yet been losing weight. Next weekend I think I'll smoke some weed, but if I cannot that's alright too.

Sparkling water and coffee satisfy my taste cravings. I miss the feeling of alcohol, but I enjoy waking up in the mornings with no guilt.

What if I'm a lazy shit to begin with?
>inb4 kys

yall muthafuckaz need AA

I'm a lazy shit as well user, but when you're sober and bored as fuck the gym seems exciting so you just go and realise it can be fun and rewarding.

Yeah pizza expansion in stomach is a bitch

Been sober for 2 months now, once more month of training before a blowout

Have you tried asking your doctor why he doesn't give you benzo? How are we supposed to know?
Maybe he think you'll get addicted to them. Maybe you don't have enough withdrawals to necessitate benzo.
Also, tapper.

You have weird hospital experiences.

Alkies can't have guns in Murica? I never heard of that.

Replace 3rd step with any other activity that require some physical activity, it helps sleeping.

We're alcoholics, we're anonymous, and we can't count to 12.

>proofs?
No, but I don't see how he could have survived.
Someone got his last posts?

>how dare you expose yourself to unapproved literature
top goy

check yourself into a hospital, clearly you aren't gonna make it on your own

My shitty doctor told me it's technically illegal for me to have a gun due to mental conditions. I would consider it a gray area given I would never hurt myself or others (hence why the ATF hasn't knocked on my door yet). However the form Americans have to sign at the gun store clearly asks if the signatory abuses alcohol or narcotics. Honestly, I think the main concern is rednecks or hoodlums going shooting under the influence, but I'm not going to risk one of the few outlets I have left.

Drank 32 units today plus 2.5mg of diazepam and I'm still in relatively mild withdrawal. Have been all day. Shaking, sweating, anxious. At least I'm not hallucinating and screaming at the top of my lungs.
Got 4 more units next to me that I was hoping to save for the morning so I don't have to wake at 4am practically dying from acute WD and could go get more without the embarrassment of leaving the house in what is such an obvious state of addiction. Pretty sure I'm in trouble. Going to drink them now, take a yellow diaz and a quetiapine, then just hope I don't have one of those lovely seizures in the night.
This is really fun!

I've come off benzos once perfectly finne and I have no dealers. However, when I was forced off legal speed I had no withdrawal but I'm now a lazy fuck and I gained 20 pounds in 6 FUCKING WEEKS. FUCK OBAMACARE FOR MAKING ME SWITCH TO A SHITTY DOCTOR. I just want my fucking life back.

I mean, that happened to me for 6 hours when I tried heroine, but I've never heard of it from alcohol.

could you get me up to speed on who smirnoff bro is?

Nice. Enjoy feeling better.

He's on a nice farm now user

he's sober all day until the evening when he smokes weed though.

Exactly how long do you think you have to abstain before you're "sober"? If I smoke weed once a year, can I claim sobriety at any point during the year?

Is there a counter to this? I have the same problem

Get to hospital or continue to get worse. I'm not your mama but I been there. Its he'll on earth. Can't understand people who do nothing but ensure misery

A few months ago I saw on that they wanted to pass a law to take guns from some mental health people, but it got blocked. But alcohol abuse can be different.
I think their concern is that, even you seem reasonable now, you don't know what you could do when blacked out. And you can't say "sorry, my FB got hacked, I didn't send those horrible messages" with a gun. That, or it's a weird way to fight alcoholism.

Anyway, try to find out if the hospital fill papers to the ATF for detox, or if you can detox under another designation.
Or find another doctor to detox as outpatient. Ask the local AA, they might be able to redirect you.

>legal speed
>Now lazy and fat
>It's all because of Obamacare
Go to the doc you want and pay with your own money
Drink coffee
Stop eating so much shit
Stop being a lazy nigger
Go on strike, you sound French when complaining so much

Is he with Mr Fluffy Tail? He must be so happy!

Bullet to the head, reincarnate without the genes of predisposition to alcoholism.
Can someone link to the youtube video of the doc explaining how some alkies react to a fast alcohol blood level increase differently?

What? I OD'd on U-47700. A few months back and own a registered assault rifle and high capacity magazines (CT). You'd only get fucked if you were violent or suicidal

>Keep Drinking 5 beers a night every night.
>Keep smoking a little pot at night.
>Running 3+ miles 5 days a week and lifting 3 days a week.

I'm a month away from 30 and somehow I'm still gaining strength and increasing my mileage with this lifestyle.

Am I just tenacious or is that just not a lot of alcohol? Can I become a six foot white version of the Rock if I stop drinking 100%?