"Check please!"

>"Check please!"

That's not rude.

Get a better job than FoH slavery.

Haha you've been great thank you
*tips 0%*

I've heard that in the USA waiters will shove the check at you even if you haven't requested it. Is it true?

Only if you want to happen to you

>Deliver in the pouring rain
>"Wow, that's rough, be safe out there!"
>No tip

>finish meal
>wait for waiter to notice
>wait for him to bring you the check
>wait for him to come back and get your card
>wait for him to bring back the receipt
This is the biggest fucking hassle about eating out. Just bring it to me mid-meal and leave it on the table or let me pay up front.

I am a burger and I have never had a waiter offer a check before I was ready.

>waiters and deliverycucks believe they DESERVE a tip
get a better fucking job lmao, not my fault you're retarded

>Finish eating, set cutlery down together on the plate.
>Enjoy your drink as you wait to catch the eye of the waiter.
>He walks over.
>"Could we have the bill, please? Thank you."
>Pay, finish up your drink and leave.

Profound autism

Is receiving a courtesy that bad? Would you rather get a "fuck you thanks for the food deliverycuck?"

You knew what you signed up for. I always tip unless if they're shitters. But don't get pissed at people that just want their food.

When we order and I get the drinks really fast I usually say "wow someone's getting a nice tip today" to encourage the waiter to get to food to my table as fast as possible and in the end I wont tip at all because I think is stupid. I don't get tipped at my job either.

Just ask them before you finish. I do it all the time when I'm in a hurry. You gotta think some people will order another drink or dessert, so they can't just assume and bring the check early.

>Autism.

Quite the opposite. Flailing your arm around and yelling at waiters is autism.

You madman

No I meant your incredibly specific ritual of receiving a check

It's not a ritual. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it takes a little longer. Sometimes, I've already had a drink or I'm with friends or family and want to spend some time talking, or just want to get out of there quickly. The basic is the same, catch the waiter's eye (which isn't hard because they're looking to see who's finished at their table and who's looking around for staff, they come over, ask for the bill, pay and leave.

>waiting to receive your check and finishing your drink is now autism
what the fuck else is he supposed to be doing?

You sound like you dine out fairly upscale places where the waiters are attentive. What's your go to move at dive bars?

>le autism

What he's describing is how any civilized human not in a hurry concludes a transaction with their waiter or waitress.

Wait at the bar to be served, pay and grab my drink like everyone else.

I meant like a dive bar where you get food at some table way in the back and the waiter is all over the place

Pro tip: Hold up your arm when the waiter catches your eye and make as if you are writing on a note. You'll have the check without needing to yell anything.

Just do the same, or just order from the bar. If I'm eating out, I'm not in a hurry and probably with people or just enjoying the atmosphere so it's not a fuss. If I need to eat in a hurry, I'll just grab something from a take away or a shop.

That said if I'm in a bar, I'm drinking not eating, so I probably wouldn't order the food anyway.

I've been given shit for doing this by the girl I was with at the dinner.

"I can't believe you just did the check motion!"

Well, we've been sitting here for twenty minutes with empty drinks and plates. The fuck are you supposed to do, get up, find your waiter, apologize for using up his time and beg to leave?

>check please intensifies

>seen this picture multiple times before
>always thought that can behind him was compressed air
>see it today
>realized it's a can if whipped cream

top laugh

It's an infuriating mix of being super ingratiating to try to get a big tip while also trying to pressure you to eat and get the fuck out as fast as possible so they can move on to the next tip. Often times after you've finished your main course they'll print out the check and then come ask if you want dessert. If you say no to the dessert, then they slap the check down right then. Also they'll stop by every 30 seconds to top up your glass of water which is still 90% full and then ask how you're liking the food and if you need anything more.

>I've heard that in the USA waiters will shove the check at you even if you haven't requested it. Is it true?
Standard etiquette is that you are not given a check before requested. You are not to feel rushed.

However, in places that have a register up front for paying, or places with a brisk business lunch clientele, or maybe dinner theatre pre-theatre kind of timing, it is kept on the table and simply added to if new things are ordered, because to maintain customer happiness, when someone wants to leave ASAP on their own timing, they can. Leave the money, walk away, or walk up front without asking. In these cases, it's courteous not rude.

When and if a check arrives too early, and it is finer dining, and there is a line of people waiting, you can indeed consider the waiter is trying to rush you out but it might be his rude manager above him telling him what to do, direct orders.

that whipped cream though

why does he want the check when they still have full glasses of wine?

his mom just died

Stupid girl. Why did you were with her?

Yes it is. Every time it goes like this
>Sorry I didn't ask for the check.
>"Oh no you can pay anytime sir, no rush."
>Oh it's not a mistake? That makes me feel uncomfortable.
>"Oh no what seems to be the problem? Why is that?
>Because it feels like you're kicking us out by bringing us the check when we didn't ask for it.
>"Oh no I didn't means th-"
>If this is how you treat customers then I don't think I'd come back.
Then she leaves with her tail between her legs. Are these americucks proud of doing this or something?

>you can't leave the table until you finish your drink

I always ask for the check early. Also in bars I ask for the check along with my last drink. You can just walk out as soon as you're done then.

(You)

>tfw not a tipcvck

Feels good to not fall for that stupid "wahh we earn so little" meme

Have you tried getting high on sugar? I have. Gives me nightmares at night.

>brings food
>walks away
>refils drink when asked.
>posts on facebook they didnt get the standard 30% tip.
FoH everybody

>tfw only tip like 10-12%
How /devilish/ am I?

Satania tier

How does a bland ugly ass man like that pull a girl like her? He's below average, looks like shit and has terrible genetics.

what the fuck is he asking for the check for? Is he and his lady friend going to chug the mostly full wine glass

i never understood tipping percentages desu

a plate of food could be cheap or expensive and the person that gets the tip is still just carrying it from the kitchen to the table

i usually just throw in a few dollars if they're nice

he's probably not a sperg like your fucking incel ass kek

If you're as critical of her looks as you are his you'd realize that they're both close to each other in the looks department.

Is there supposed to be something wrong with this?

when I was little my uncle (400 pounds or so) would always joke and say "I tip with a rip!" and let out chainsaw-like farts while laughing

hes dead now

>ask for a check
>get a bill
What kind of shitty place is this?

Usually ensures you have a nice rounded tip for the most part. So a 25 dollar meal would be a 2.50 tip. Shit like that.

I believe this is what's called the end of the thread.

>go out to eat with parents
>our waitress takes our order and just fucks off for the rest of the night
>never comes back to the table for anything
>we had to ask another waiter to get us stuff
>parents bitch about what a bad waitress she was but still leaves an $11 tip
I mean it's not my money but still.

This. I ask for the check the moment I know I'm not ordering anything more. If I order dessert, "We'll have the X and the check." I already know I'm tipping 20%, so I just want to do the math and relax.

>i've heard that in the usa waiters bring the check to you at the end of the meal when it needs to be paid

that's right, user
you're so very cultured

DELETE THIS

i just don't understand why it's such a popular thing

the amount i tip is based on how good the service is, not how expensive the food i ordered was

even if order a bunch of things or something like that i'll just tack on an extra couple dollars to what i would have tipped normally

>Just bring it to me mid-meal
What if you want dessert, coffee, more food, etc?

God damn it got me again

take the tab away and bring back an updated tab?

ちぇく くでし ありがと ございます。

At that point aren't they tipping the new waiter that is now taking on additional responsibilities?

Kek. You haven't seen pictures of me and my gf, supreme gentleman.

But you're not saving any time if that's the case. You're still waiting till the waiter comes back to your table an additional time then once more after the updated tab is ready and one more time for them to return it.

>ask for bill when food is served
>waiter looks at me surprised
yes nigger i want to eat and fucking leave without waiting for you

In the end you are saving time because you never have to ask for the check, it's always there for you. This is perfect for cafes.

checked

You'd be asking for the check at the time where the waiter is asking for your dessert options which is the same time he'd have to update the tab anyway.

>ask for the check during the greeting

The check was presented mid-meal
Get literate.

>go to restaurant friend recommended me
>food is actually really good
>waitresses ass was even better
>exi- wait
>forgot to leave tip
>feel extremely bad
>huge line formed in the 5 seconds I left the restaurant
>stand in line for 15 minutes on the coldest day of the month (-7 degrees celsius)
>walk up to cash register and give a bigger tip than I expected
>run out and never come back

>he's dead now
Kekd

Updating the tab after you finish your meal and the dessert arrives is going to push the clock back to the same elapsed time if they just waited till after dessert. Additionally, you're not gonna know whether you personally want dessert or not until you've finished your meal.

Your stupid shit doesn't save anyone any time.

I remember when 10% tip was standard and anything above was for good jobs and no tip would be for bad jobs. Now they get offended and stop you in the doorway if you tip 10%.

Found the waiter, get a new job fag

>ask waiter to find us a seat
>sit down
>yell for a check
>"but you havent ordered anything"
>give him a disgusted look
>dash out of the place
ruse master

thats the point. you dont have to pay until youre ready. but when you are ready, there it is.

>pay it and leave without eating or even siting down

Does no one else flail their arms and go

HEEEEEEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUYS

When I used to frequent dennys we'd be there for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night, and the servers would be off doing other prep work
When I'd run out of coffee and they didnt make any rounds, I'd just balance the empty mug on my head.

oh boy, that is just whacky

>HEEEEEEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUYS
is that you, sloth?

It should be the law to punch fast food delivery workers and then tip them

well it's kind of a regional thing

in some european countries (maybe all of them) they won't bring the check until you ask for it

Betas will be killed first

I'm not 100% on who gets the tip at that point. Before we left we asked for our first waitress and she came back, saw the tip, and started apologizing ready to suck our dicks. I was so against them leaving it because I know it'll just enable this behavior more often rather than stop it.