Did I do good?

Did I do good?

Shrimp and grits. Local stone ground yellow grits, mushrooms, bacon, charred yellow corn, shrimp obviously and a bacon fat/homemade shrimp stock creole gravy.

For the shrimp stock I took like 2 lbs of shrimp shells, a charred onion and a charred yellow corn stock cut in half and let simmer for about 3 hours, strained and then reduced it from like a gallon down to two quarts. The creole spice blend I put together myself as using basil and oregano and thyme from my garden.

would eat

God that looks good.

>first two responses from Veeky Forums are positive.

Fuck yeah.

This looks amazing and your ingredients also sound fantastic

I don't even like searoaches, but I'd eat that, neat with a lemon twist

Very nice, would eat

Is that an appetizer? 5 shrimp and 15 kernels of corn doesn't seem like much of a meal

Looks good but I am confused. What's the consistency of the liquid/sauce? Is it watery, like a broth? Or thicker?

How would you eat it to make us of the whole thing? Eat with bread to absorb the sauce?

Yeah it wasnt super big portion, I made like enough for like 3 people and I was trying to make this picture look nice.

Decently thick gravy. And I ate it with all 3 fork knife and then a spoon to finish the bowl. Im sure a nice piece of crusty bread would be really really nice with it though.

10/10 great presentation looks tasty as FUCK.

the american appetite ladies and gentlemen

Man this is the most positive feedback Ive ever gotten from Veeky Forums

the sauce leaked in several places

4/10 would not instagram

Its supposed to, eat a dick

ahh there it is. Here comes the snowball effect.

Be proud man that's a good looking dish, I really like the presentation, shows you put a lot of effort into it.

Looks great OP. I would've maybe set a little of the charred onion and corn apart to blacken completely and blend, then thrown the ash on the dish to heighten that smiley flavor you so well executed, but that's just me being a post modernist fgt

>that pic

wat

Sounds great. I enjoy S&G but most people I know make it waaaaay too buttery which ends with me feeling disgusting.

Why do people pretend to like polenta? Is it because it makes them feel close to their culture. It's one of the worst starches I've ever eaten.

stoplikingthingsidontlike.jpg

I used a decent amount of butter desu

that looks good, op. congratz

nice lad, presentation is great too but i'd eat it straight outta the pot with the way you described it

I like the presentation and honestly before I'd tried it I thought I'd like polenta. Adfter having it though, I really can't see why people would persist with it apart from the color and tradition. And poverty.

Dude I fucking love grits. Buttery corn goodness. Some people will add sugar to their grits and shit and its amazing.

looks like a pile of cat shit and piss

op you should give up

you suck at cooking