Is it pretentious to blend your own teas...

Is it pretentious to blend your own teas? I've recently been mixing a bit of Jasmine and Lapsang Souchang into a Breakfast blend and really enjoying it.

as long as you know what your doing, i wouldn't say so. whats a good place to order online?

I personally like jasmine oolong.

I don't really mix my hot drinking tea much, but I absolutely do different teas for my jug of iced tea I keep at almost all times in the fridge.
I'll do a basic orange pekoe, or a green tea, and to the batch I'll add various things like mint tea, cinnamon tea, lychee tea...I like a 4 to 1 ratio of plain tea to flavored tea. You can also use fresh flavors like lime, orange slices, apple slices, basically anything that is good in a cocktail. I nuke my tea at bedtime in a large pyrex measuring cup, pour into my glass pitcher and cool overnight in fridge. Easy, and it's nice to vary it day to day.

Sometimes I'll make some boba balls, but they're a labor of love since they can only be made ahead at max 48 hours.

It's pretentious to drink Jasmine tea and Lapsang Souchang tea in the first place, so why are you even worried

>It's pretentious to drink Jasmine tea

Yeah it kind of is. Where do you live?

Try walking into your office and telling all your coworkers you drink jasmine tea regularly. Pretty sure they would give you shit for it

Lower class scum detected

It's pretentious to go around telling everyone how wonderful your handmade tea blends are and turning up your nose at other people's tea. There's absolutely nothing wrong with blending your own teas for your own enjoyment.

i don't have an office
i'm in a trade union and wallow around in the dirt 50 hours a week
it's not pretentious to drink jasmine tea

No. They're all downing mocha frappe latte cinos. Which I mock them for.

doing manual labor doesn't preclude you from being pretentious in other areas of your life

neither does assuming everyone works in an office

How is drinking jasmine tea pretentious?

because people in America drink coffee, or maybe black tea. Most places don't offer any kind of hot tea. You clearly are going out of your way to drink something different, therefore pretentious

What proportions? I've got plenty of Jasmine and Lapsang Souchang and would like to try them together, but haven't bothered because I figured one would completely overpower the other.

Personally no. If you like what your doing and just enjoy it, then why the hell are you being insecure. If you needlessly inject yourself in a conversation that has nothing to do with it m, then yes.

This
/thread

Doing what you enjoy isn't pretentious so long as the enjoyment isn't derived from affirmation from others and is solely derived from the action itself.

Mix whatever teas you like together. However I don't like Lapsang Souchang because it tastes like a rotten pine forest fire. But you do you.

yes

Some people would find it pretentious but don't go out of your way to tell people about it and you're fine. Enjoy yourself, user.

>Being different in any way at all is pretentious
do you even believe what you're saying

Honestly no I don't really, I was just being antagonistic

ok where do you buy loose tea in bulk online.
is 60 bucks a pound reasonable?

Please be nice user, I hope you are enjoying life, at least as much as one reasonably can

What-cha is a good place to start; they have more of a personal touch, and the 'intro to tea' is a great place to start if you're new to loose leaf, or even if you just want to see what characteristics you like.

If you're in the US and looking for selection though, you'll probably want Upton Tea. They carry a ton of different types of tea, including quite expensive batches. With them, it's a bit tough to know where to start, but I've had good results.

I hear O-Cha is a good place to get proper sencha and matcha, if you're into that, but I've yet to try them myself.

Life is good. I like to fight with strangers on the internet though

If you like it, go for it. I doubt your creations are better than what's already available though.

>Is it pretentious to blend your own teas?

That would depend entirely on your motivation for doing so. Blending teas because you enjoy it? Not pretentious. Making a big deal about blending your own teas so you can appear sophisticated to people around you? That would be pretentious.

Though on this board people will be quick to label anything beyond microwaving tendies as pretentious.

>microwaving your own tendies like you're a mom or something
well look at this fancy boy

I walked into a tea shop and the owner was talking toa customer and she was saying how she liked to blend these 2 teas. One of them was some flavored shit and one was a nice black tea (I think Dianhong but don't remember for certain). The face he gave her was priceless.

I then proceeded to order some Biluochun and left.

Its great mixing your own teas
Knowing what is best for you is part of the reason

Are you white by any chance?

>not wanting your tea pure

/r/ing a discret tea set
Telling your workers what you are drinking is the pretentious bit, not the contents of your mug

Blending tea is unkosher as fuck, unless you're going for something "traditional" like genmaicha or earl grey.

If you have decent leaves there should be no reason to blend it.