Tfw sauteing mushrooms

>tfw sauteing mushrooms

What's your favourite cooking feel?

>when your friends and/or family genuinely enjoy your cooking

Eating your mum's meaty roast beef, m8

>burst of garlic scent right when you drop it into the hot oil
>deglazing a good fond
>fresh yeasty bread smells from the oven

when you peeling a boiled egg and the shell comes off perfectly and in one piece

>making dough or pasta

eating

>cooking an overy-easy egg then taking it out of the pan and onto the plate without breaking the yolk

Not really cooking, but freshly ground coffee smells like heaven. Also the garlic smell on my fingers after handling it is pleasant

>Also the garlic smell on my fingers after handling it is pleasant
For real? I love garlic so I put it everywhere but I really dislike peeling and cutting it, the sticky juices are so annoying.

Chopping onion and caramelizing them in butter

>tfw flipping a ny strip every minute until medium rare
>halfway through adding butter, garlic and rosemary
>dat aroma
>dat flipping and tossing in the sauce

more like
>tfw oil spraying everywhere

Sautéing mushrooms is major comfy, and for me, so is searing meats. I can tell you that my family's comfy cooking feel is when I'm sautéing onions. Every single time I start sautéing onions for something, everyone in my family will poke their heads into the kitchen and say "something smells great in here!" or something to that effect, even though it's the only thing cooking so far.

this

>Chopping celery
>Deglazing
>Getting the perfect cocktail ratio freepour
>Making a roux
>Tossing things in a frying pan/wok while stirring something else
>The moment when you add wine to risotto

The sticky feeling sucks, but I just rinse it off and the smell stays under my nails for a few hours

Making a sandwich.

It's like edible Legos that you can make really fancy if you're any good.

>drunk/hungover
>cooking that cheap and dirty, yet personally special, food that you "invented"

for me its the pancake burger

That tzzsh sound when meat touches a searing hot pan...

this is cute as fuck

>bread
>cast iron pan
> you just cooked bacon and saved most of the grease
> toss that bitch in to clean the remainder.

Pretty much this.

Also:
>deglazing
>the smell of pulling bread from the oven
>making a really good stock
>cooking something you've never tried and having it turn out great
>opening a smoker and getting that rush of incredible aroma
>perfectly breaking down a protein- butchering a rabbit, filleting a fish, whatever
>putting a braise into the oven on a cold rainy day and going to chill and be comfy while it gently cooks away and makes your house smell great
>going to the farmer's market or whatever and finding something awesome
>the smell of spices toasting
>relaxing and sharpening knives; similarly, cutting things with a razor sharp knife
>cooking with friends/family/gf, ideally with some good music in the background

>perfect brunoise
>carrots out of the braise
>smell of grilling fish
>squink aioli

>not flipping away from your boy so the oil never touches you lmap

when a roux thickens that liquid. i love watching the transformation.

it's like a transubstantiation

>receiving that hot bag of mcdonalds with a quarter pounder and fries.
>Eat all fries before you get home and drink half your coke.
>spilling bbq sauce on the seat while driving and dipping the fries.

>when the portabella is as tender as the beef cuts

fucking glorious

this
>"s-so do you like it"
>"yeah its okay"
>"j-just okay, o-oh... I see, w-what can I do to improve it"
>"no seriously its fine, thanks"
>"j-just fine, n-not tasty? I added enough salt right? oh gosh I cant cook for shit"
>"user, its FINE, its nice"
>"o-okay"

>sautéing onions
the way your house smells for the next few hours is just great.

I use to not like mushrooms and onions much, but now I want them in just about everything I cook

for me it's just knife work. It's almost like my meditation.

Melting the sugar on a crème brulée

Watching my roommates eat the healthy, delicious meal I prepared and knowing that if I hadn't, they wouldn't have eaten 'real' food. It feels good to provide for people in that way. Also, when someone gets up for seconds.

I also really enjoy when I cook heavily with aromatic shit like onions, garlic, Thai shit, etc and my body smells like that food. Comfy af to smell like good food.

I've never actually cooked a meal, I always stop after frying garlic and onions.

>Bringing in racks of smoked salmon and letting the smell fill the house.
>Finding that one almost black bit of skin that breaks off the meat perfectly.
>savoring that piece of skin like a fine jerky.

>>spilling bbq sauce on the seat while driving and dipping the fries.

chuckled audibly

Ripping off the lil baggy of spices after cooking your 50¢ ramen for 10 minutes

this. getting genuine compliments on your food feels good. my grandmother once told me a meal I cooked for her was fit for the president. that was nice.

one guy said deglazing, that really is satisfying, especially when it happens with little to no effort.

I also love seasoning something and letting it cook for a bit, and finding out you seasoned it perfectly when you taste-test it. so satisfying when you're like wow it's fucking perfect I don't have to do anything.

I'm hard as a fucking mineral, marie.

chopping up chicken chinese style with my big ol' cleaver

>best friend said my cooking would be reason enough to marry me

>when they are impressed by something super easy to make and you think they are cynical because you are an insecure asshole you can't just accept a compliment

kind hating my lyfe but making pic related wasn't really complicated so they might actually be cynical

>raining all day
>first time trying to make chili
>let it simmer for hours
>playing vidya with some buddies
>they come over
>chili turned out great
>dnd with chili and snacks the rest of the night

>tfw your grandfather tries your cookies that were based off his recipe (they were the best damn cookies, and I'd grown up eating them for over 20 years)
>tfw he says you've surpassed him and become a damn fine baker, adding that these are the best damn cookies he's eaten
I actually choked up a little

For me, it's the knife work

when you deglaze a pan

that's actually an amazing feeling. i have a strongly love-hate relationship with boiled eggs, i get pissy when peeling goes wrong.

Home alone with the dog, late Saturday afternoon with a shitty action movie on in the background. Just back from the grocery store with lots of meat and lots of vegetables

The trick to perfect browning is to the bread out of the oven oven about twenty minutes in and do a second egg wash on the lighter bread, then put the pan back in with the other side facing the back for even browning. If it's browned enough but not cooked enough, tent the loaves with foil.
That braid looks really fluffy and good senpai, consider that most people are just bad at expressing how something tastes with words. I started asking for one compliment and one criticism when I want feedback.

Faggot

god damn my wife does this shit to me. Just let me fucking eat I already said it was good

Don't be a fag, be a little specific.
"The texture's in the ____'s good", "The spices come on just right", "This makes a really great side dish"
She cooks for you instead of buying take-out because she wants you to enjoy it. Show some appreciation.

This. And it's not just a manner of appreciation, it's a matter of getting accurate feedback. Saying "it's good" doesn't mean anything. Explain WHY it's good (or bad) so the cook can learn and improve.

>Deglazing
>Tieing the roast
>Whipping gravy
>Getting someone to try new things
>When they actually like the new things

I thought I was the only one... It is kind of bad, sometimes I end up smashing them in frustration and picking the shells out of egg paste afterwards... Doesn't happen too often, though...

>tfw making Stir-fried Remilia

>Peeling up the side of an omelette and tilting the uncooked parts into the crevace
Catharsis.

>Don't be a fag, be a little specific.

Yeah, he should get in touch with his feminine side and learn to express his "feelings" and communicate on an emotional level honestly about how deeply a plate of food has affected him.

so much this.
i actually kinda dislike it when someone says my food tastes good and nothing else. i would almost like it more if they said it wasn't good and gave a reason.
ok, i'm not that bad, i never smash them but i have been known to just stop peeling them and eat them with a spoon

>made meatballs with extra care
>made sauce with extra care
>that one relative who says scraping sauce from plate with bread is vulgar
>scrapes sauce with bread

PLZ STOP

i just like to stir big ol' pots fulla shit

>squink aioli
That got me.

Coming home after a day of work and your slow cooker has been on all day cooking your dinner.

how about I come over and fuck your wife and take her chef skills to my village, cuck

11/10. bonus if it starts storming during dnd

What the fuck is this deglazing meme you faggots keep mentioning.

Using some liquid to remove the fond from the bottom of a pan. Makes for delicious gravy.

Holy shit my girlfriend whenever she cooks (close to never) or does anything for that matter is always looking for validation on everything. She gets said when I say she did "okay" but when I give her actual criticisms she flips the fuck out.
>I'm sorry I fucked up
>Why are you being mean
Wheb i told her that she won't get better at anything without constructive criticisms, she literally said "I don't want criticisms!" and I called her fucking retarded and to stop asking me to boost her stupid fucking ego.
>Well you should care about me!
Haven't been asked about shit since. She is incredibly fucking stupid sometimes, like holy shit.
/blog

Explain.

its the truth tho...
>when you put all your love and skills into a dish and enjoy cooking it and hope who you're cooking for tastes all your love and skill you put into the food and they just scarf it down
worst feel

You pour a desired amount of liquid into the pan - typically something weakly acidic like wine, or something flavorful like a stock - then scrape the fond and mix on low heat. You then add any additional flavorings and reduce to whatever consistency you want. Try it with meat.

n-no bully
I personally don't want validation I want feedback because I put effort in and if you didn't like something I want to know what I did wrong

I never ask how it tastes, if they themselves go out of their way to tell me that it's good then that's the ultimate feel otherwise I'd just assume it was ok or maybe complete trash.

>chicken soup boiling on a stove, promising healthy deliciousness

>any cake or bread baking in the oven, smell filling whole house

That is what family home should be about. The smell of food and family dinners with your loved ones.

Sounds pretty gay desu

When handwhipped meringue or cream gets to stiff peaks. When the mayo congeals perfectly.

I want her for a girlfriend right now. I miss cooking with a girl. Especially one who sings while she cooks.

/blog

Recipe?

>that perfect smell you get when the balance of herbs and spices is perfect

Shut up faggot

>tfw no boyfriend

I have this one friend who was born and raised on fast food and refuses to eat food when I make it, and it's kinda depressing because I can't blame him for how he was brought up. I'll be getting gas at the gas station and he'll go inside and get that Hunts Brothers pizza and he'll speak volumes about how it's the best gas station pizza.

I try and make something nice when I invite him over for beers and he'll sample it at best. He refused to make a mushroom risotto I slaved over one time.

Also a few months ago we were in the deep south and I scoped out this barbecue joint that was probably some of the best barbecue in our state. I'm talking about deli containers full of tender smoked brisket, vinegar slaw, homemade sauce. My friend ordered a burger. What the fuck? You're destination eating in one of the few places that actually do barbecue right and you order a fucking burger? That pissed me off.

>serve salmon for dinner
>people start peeling the salmon skin off like a rind and setting it to the side of the plate

>"But it tastes fishy."
No fucking shit.

Sounds like your girlfriend doesn't actually care about learning how to cook and is either just doing it for you or because they feel obligated to. In the general population, such a small amount of people actually care for cooking like the skilled art form it is and would actually appreciate the criticism you have to offer. In this case I'd just tell your dumbfuck girlfriend her food is amazing no matter what quality the food is so I can keep getting dome.

>tap the egg on the counter to get that first starter crack
>the egg white separates with the egg shell like a desert fault line
>layers of egg white peeling off with the shell
>you decide fuck it and just salvage whatever you can fucking get from this egg at this point
>throw away whole bits of egg white that are absolutely infused to the shell
>know the other 11 eggs are going to be the exact same way

Eggs that don't peel well are a special kind of torture

>Baking recipe calls for one egg.
>Crack an egg into the bowl.
>It's a double yolk.

just go with it

i normally just lose my temper and throw it in the bin

What is deglazing?

Kekd at the sauce

Best post in thread.

more like
>perfectly flipping an omelette, just as the bottom part is perfect and the top part still has fluid sections, which don't spill during the flip
hnnnnnngg just thinking about it

>What is deglazing?
Exactly the process he described.
Are you a bit fucking thick?

I think he was jeopardy-ing the statement.

> the lack of sounds because people enjoy your food so much they actually forgot to compliment you and just eat like animals
> that sense of satisfaction when your friends start complimenting you all at once, and you just sit there and say 'your welcome'
> that feel when everybody sits back, with clean plates and no leftovers because people actually continued eating despite them being full purely because of the mouth feel

My friends sometimes make fun of me when I cook because I like things a certain way, but god damn if it ain't worth it

Often when you fry stuff, especially meat, you end up with a thin layer of brown on the bottom of your pan. If you add a splash of liquid to the pan and boil it, the tasty brown stuff comes loose and can be scraped off the bottom, which is a great start for your sauce.