The great debate

the great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

organics.org/table-salt-vs-himalayan-sea-salt-whats-the-difference/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i buy the pink kind because it's easier to find in the big chunks i like for my grinder

it looks nice on the table too

on the left: NaCl with rust particles within in
on the right: NaCl pure

How come black Hawaiian salt never became a meme?

is iodized salt necessary or is it just a meme?

I use maldon for finishing and finer sea salt for pretty much everything else.

Actually, the pink coloration comes from halophile life forms in the domain Archaea. They don't really do anything except make the salt pink.

I miss PHS guy...

The iodine evaporates out long before you'll use all the salt in the shaker, so yes, it's just a meme.

Pink has half the sodium chloride as Kosher, making it the more ideal salt for those watching their intake. Not to mention additional mineral benefits.

Finally someone brings some real science into this thread

>no citation
>real science
This is the world we live in

>ask for citation
>get non-cited infographic
so this is the power of pink salt

The last thing white mom's want at there table is something black

Thats pure bs, user.

My god.. laughed so damn hard at this lmfao.

lol at the implication that artificially adding iodine is bad, but the naturally occurring iodine is good as though it is not exactly the same thing

They started adding iodine to salt because people were getting iodine deficiencies in remote areas where the soil doesn't naturally contain iodine and there's not much seafood. Most people today don't have a deficiency but for some reason they keep putting it in salt.

probably because it is beneficial and cheap and there is no downside

>may
>linked
>linked
>may
>may
>might
>linked
>could
>added an essential micronutrient

what is the argument here?

>Most people today don't have a deficiency but for some reason they keep putting it in salt.
Most people today are not deficient specifically because we started adding it to table salt. Iodine deficiency is still very common in less developed countries where they don't have iodized salt

One day you may

I haven't eaten iodized salt that I know about in 10 years and since I eat at restaurants maybe once a year pretty sure I don't eat it. I don't have iodine defeciency or the typical symptom, goiter. That's me in the pic and you can see I'm fine.

it looks too similar to pepper

I like my salt black, icelandic and volcanic

The only answer you plebs

>Rust particles

That may be one of the dumbest things i've seen on this board. THIS BOARD. Congratulations.

eh, it is primarily oxidized ionic iron causing the color, not exactly rust particles but kind of

I love that somehow, one salt is not salt and not linked to the other sodium chloride compound.

>non-cited
>website with research clearly indicated

You're just butthurt for being proven wrong. It's clearly a superior salt. Just because you want it to be wrong doesn't mean it is. What a childish outlook.

If not celtic, pink is the way to go.

>minuscule nutritional value comparison

Invalid argument. Better is better.

>organics.org
Aah, yes, the infallible and almighty organics.org, let's see where it goes

>organics.org/table-salt-vs-himalayan-sea-salt-whats-the-difference/
There are no citations of any kind whatsoever. You didn't even find the article and read it.

>Possible positive effects of sodium chloride listed on right
>Possible negative effects of sodium chloride listed on left