Who was this man, what was his end game, and why is he worth understanding?

Who was this man, what was his end game, and why is he worth understanding?

>Who was this man
Nobody knows or can know; we observed only the Kant-phonomenon

>what was his end game
Entrenchment of 18th century German Protestantism for the indefinite future by giving it unshakeable metaphysical credentials

>why is he worth understanding
He's the source of half the opinions people have and think they came up with 'on their own'

>Entrenchment of 18th century German Protestantism for the indefinite future by giving it unshakeable metaphysical credentials

sounds like he lost p hard

No, he won; atheism is just the next level of Enlightenment Protestantism. Or rather Protestantism is a proto-atheism

Atheism is breathing its last dying breaths in the west. It never even stood a chance.

not even close

Looks like his mechanism for morality-from-reason couldn't hold up in today's hedonism

>be five foot FUCKING ZERO tall
>make lifes mission to create logic system detached from the real life and without threat of confrontation

Gee I wonder why

>Atheism is breathing its last dying breaths in the west. It never even stood a chance.
Even the religious people in the west don't believe in god anymore; for them church is nothing but a social club. Atheism has won by default, because it has no competition.

You cant be serious. Show me one survey or study that corroborates this. Just because some pol autists say deus vult doesnt mean christianity is reviving.

Because German idealism will be completed by trump

because he was right about the so called reason

One of the greatest philosophers in the tradition, combining/reworking elements of rationalist and empiricist epistemology. Main question was how synthetic judgements are possible as a priori. Or how we can have an expansion of knowledge without it being simply an expansion of our field of experience.

Doesn't matter though, you will never read him and adequately understand him anyway.

>thinking philosophers' ouvre can be put in neat little packages
>asking to be spoonfed bulletpoints from anons on an internetboard.

>christianity
oh you poor fool

>Replying and condensing information in a self-congratulatory act of signaling

How do I get as smart as him

Kant did a lot of things, it's hard to sum up his entire philosophy. He made advancements in logic, metaphysics, anthropology, epistemology, phenomenology, etc etc

Kant is such a legendary thinker and his critiques are so pregnant that practically every sentence the man wrote has been used, misused, reread and misread by all serious philosophers after him, small and large alike. The critique of pure reason, especially, is one of those works that cannot be read without gaining new epistemological insights everytime you go through it - as much as a struggle as this may prove to be the first few times

Nietzsche was an even twinkier twink than Kant.

I'm fairly certain this revival in religiosity (Deus vult xDD) is a knee-jerk reaction to the Muslim issue and how it plays with the zeitgeist of edgy Veeky Forums visitors

>tfw going back and reading enlightenment thinkers after reading Kant
>Kant's ideas are right there under everyone's noses but they don't quite see them

get a strict schedule that other people can set their clocks after, and do it every day in your life

Kant is one of those thinkers where even the wikipedia articles are imposing and hard to understand

He is a complete fool.

apocryphal

i read the introduction by kant of his book. it was truly terrible as hell, so stupid, so simple, so over simply, so basic but bad, no wonder nietzsche btfoed him.

Nietszche was a Kantian, whether he was able to admit this to himself or not.