RAMEN GENERAL

How do you like your ramen Veeky Forums? I like to add a raw egg, slice of American cheese product, and a few spoonfuls of kimchi.

I like the beef ramen with soy sauce, Spinach, pieces of steak, and scallions. Pretty basic.

Scallions are green onions right? It's an east coast word?

Yeah, I live in Colorado and I've only heard them called scallions.

That's kind of interesting. They're the same but we use different words.

I also live in Colorado and I've never heard anyone ever call them scallions

Must be a county difference then. Pueblo is kind of weird.

I only know them as spring onions.

Find some moso paste and your set amigo

Why the fuck would someone spend that amount of money and effort on making ramen, and then use those fucking freeze-dried noodles?

>eggs
>spring onions
>expensive
try making a pork broth from scratch

you first have to create the universe?

>Pueblo
Oh man, I'm sorry

Yeah, thankfully I'm moving out soon but holy shit this place sucks.

I've recently started doing chicken ramen (Maruchan brand, half the seasoning packet) with a can of sardines (King Oscar brand) and some dried seaweed, either kelp or nori. It's probably a bit high on sodium (it is ramen after all), but I'd imagine the seaweed adds some nutrients I otherwise wouldn't get as often.

That souds like it tastes terrible.

>add actual chicken to chicken flavored ramen

How does one do this? Do I add the raw meat chunks in while it's boiling, or cook it ahead of time?

I mean, I think it tastes good, but you might not like it. Taste is subjective.

>Do I add the raw meat chunks in while it's boiling, or cook it ahead of time?

You could do either.

Adding raw chunks while it's boiling won't taste all that good though. Browning the chicken in a pan or with the grill first and then adding it will be much more flavorful so that's what I'd suggest.

>go on a month long bender of eating nothing but pic related and a 1 liter bottle of soda for lunch every day
>can't eat any high sodium foods anymore without being given a splitting headache, borderline migraine
why me

Shoyu is my favorite. Preferably made with niboshi. Egg marinaded in mentsuyu to add to the smoky flavors.

Why don't they sell ramen broth in shops? Chilled or frozen, ready to be heated up and used?

Pueblo is weirder than Boulder. That's an accomplishment.

Should you season the chicken at all? Do you add the seasoning packet to the boiling water?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I am also curious about adding chicken to ramen.

i chop up white onions, zucchini, squash and small children for mine

>i chop up white onions, zucchini, squash and small children for mine
you disgust me
I would put in onions and small children only

Try drinking a tincture of salt water before bed every night.

>proper ramen noodles
>expensive
Ex-fucking-scuse me?

add crunchy peanut butter. delish.

>use all those things
>remove the disgusting instant ramen
>put in proper pastas instead
wew

>Should you season the chicken at all?
For the love of god yes, season your goddam chicken before you grill it.

Then the noodles would not be instant nor so cheap.

If you're adding red peppers, pork, eggs and soy sauce to your ramen then they are not the biggest expense anyway

Add fried eggs instead of boiled. Way better!

Ramen boil with seaon packet and meat (usually sausage links or chicken), drain until most of the water is gone. Add cheese, let melt, move into bowl when melty deliciousness. Add honey.

In what world do you live in that a pack of ramen is cheaper than budget pasta?

pueblo is full of mexicans trying to over-associate with their culture, so of course they would call everything by some stupid name.

It is not as bad as Ft. Collins. I-25 is a fucking shitshow from there through Colorado Springs.
>inb4 muh weed
Yeah you need that shit for the 60 miles that takes almost 6 hour

Cook it ahead of time. It'll take forever to boil that shit.