Salmon is the pariah of the sea

How does anyone unironically enjoy eating salmon? It's like chewing on a sock.

How can I cook this arrogant little shit so that it tastes good? What sauce should I use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v6vBjecMRVw
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-salmon-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy $NAK you fucking snow monkey

Wait, you've chewed on a sock before?

i love salmon. wish it were cheaper so that i could make it more often.

the only time i've made it is this recipe here:
youtu.be/v6vBjecMRVw

those were nice days when i lived with my brother and i could walk to the grocery every day, go to the butcher, and ask for fresh cut meats.

>unironically
thread hidden, fuck off

Don't cook it. Good salmon sashimi is god tier. Everything else is cat food

>OP keeps eating chum salmon

>everyone gets the good stuff

keep trying OP

Cedar plank, you plebe

Salmon is not a good fish for subtle fish recipes that play off delicate flavors such as cantonese-style cooking. Forget about european milk-shitter recipes (use 3 atoms of salt and a homeopathic dilution of tarragon, wave a poached lemon in its general direction, serve with lukewarm white bordeaux).

I suggest obliterating it with spices, a bengali recipe such as macher jhol is perfect for using up unwanted salmon. Another good option is filpino sinigang.

Serve with something with a bit of personality like champagne or a saison.

>actual solid advice on a troll thread

this is why i still come to ck
always learning things in the weirdest places

I can never tell which of my posts will make people angry and invite an instant 30-day ban and which ones people will be receptive to.

>not finishing it off in the broiler

>another arrogant salmon post

>enjoy eating salmon? It's like chewing on a sock.
Stop overcooking it you fucking moron

It has a strong flavour and the fat tastes amazing.
Even if you overcook it the meat is quite tender, maybe its just the lack of quality of american fish/food?

>suggests obliterating with spices
>has no idea how euros serve salmon
>actual solid advice
He's a fucking idiot. Probably eating shit salmon and can't possibly imagine the actual fish has a decent, yet pronounced flavor

just cook it in the dishwasher like everyone else you mongoloid

Butter and chicken stock (powdered, not that liquid shit)
Fry it on your pan at low heat.

You are welcome.

>it's another "Veeky Forums acts like it's not cooking if it doesn't involve seven different spices and a three hour long cooking process" episode
Salmon is pretty dope if you just grill it dude, like holy shit this board is fucking cringe central

Put the smoke to it boi

I make a "glaze" from dijon mustard and brown sugar. It's great.

This board is my god

it showed me that Gordon Ramsey, Chef Jon, Marco Pierre, Antonio Carluccio, and other well known chefs cant actually cook and if you use their recipes youre a retard who needs a four year cookery degree to get back on track.

Binging with Bi$hba$h is where the real skill is

Gotta agree salmon sucks, Im all natural organic vegan myself + it doesnt go well with guacacado.

What is that feculent creature in your picture?

average Veeky Forums poster when they realize they are as good as jack at cooking

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-salmon-recipe.html

I've done this before and it was absolutely fab.

>2-3 drops of sesame oil per fillet.
>Rub it in to the scales.
>Dust with ground salt.
>Heat skillet until a drop of oil starts to slightly smoke on it.
>Put fillet scales down and reduce temperature.
>Turn after 2.5 minutes.
>After 2-3 minutes remove from the pan onto a plate, covering with a lid.
>Rest for 3-4 minutes.
Serve with Basmati rice and vegetables.

Salmon tastes fucking great, it's fantastic on a cut and has to be flavoured delicately.

>I suggest obliterating it with spices
GET OUT SHITSKINS
REEEEEEE

just

don't

fucking

overcook it

also beurre blanc>>>>>>> anything else

Salmon in macher jhol make no sense. Look at the kind on fish that usually goes in it. Nothing like salmon. Why ruin a good dish with salmon.

>actual solid advice
>kill the flavour of your ingredient rather than learning to enjoy it!

desu salmon curry was the best salmon I've had cooked

>No rice wine
>No garlic
>No ginger
>"teriyaki"
>tEriYaKi

>t E r i Y a K i
>t
>E
>r
>i
>Y
>a
>k
>i

>I hate salmon
>how do I cook it?

Eat something else and stop posting shitty troll threads on the last decent board on Veeky Forums. Thank you.

Butter poach it. It will melt in your mouth.

You butter believe it

>decent board
>Veeky Forums

bump

Scrambled duck egg and pan seared salmon
with toasted sourdough bread.
salt and pepper is all you need.

chef john's maple miso salmon is the best recipe on the entire internet

effort level is a 2/10 and it produces the best salmon you can make. i have had salmon in restaurants like 30 times in my life and not a single one has TOUCHED my home made food wishes maple miso salmon

>Veeky Forums
>decent

good one, user

>maple miso salmon
sounds like i want to throw up

make the recipe exactly as shown in the video, come back and post a thread saying how great the recipe is.

otherwise shut up

Your other thread is still up, stop trying to force this
>arrogant
meme, don't make me come over there user.

>chef johns
lol

kys

found the nigger who hasn't cooked a day in their life, back to lebbit faggot

I'm not going to ruin a good piece of salmon.
Watched the vid and he say to let the skin stick to pan and leave it there. I told him to fuck off long before that.

Salmon is by far the healthiest fish you can eat and tastes great. Suck a dick.

>mommy look I boiled eggs all by myself
lol

Shamfur dispray
You didnt capitalize that last 'K' there, bud. No contingency

There is no hope for cooked salmon, OP. It's literal garbage food.

Salmon is pretty good raw dipped in a soy sauce and wasabi blend, though

japanese didn't even eat raw salmon until they got memed by the norwegians

it was considered filthy

Fucking kill yourself for using that autistic normie meme

It was considered filthy because they can carry a type of nematode that, upon entering the gastric tract, would attempt to burrow into the walls of the intestine, dying due to the inability to penetrate it. The immune response to this creates a small, often ball like structure that can frequently cause blockages. That is of course assuming they don't make it further than the small intestine. If they do, Crohn's Disease like symptoms often occur

At the time when they still attempted to consume salmon flesh, there was no refrigeration available to them. They'd get sick, so they stopped consuming raw salmon

Most white people don't eat salmon. They think it's "too exotic".

>doesn't like chewing on socks

HEH nice sex life idiot

>you white people
>you americans
what happened to yuros and ethnics

It's honestly upsetting for me too. Every time I make some opinion I get some people going
>white people
>americans
As if the board is made out of just that.

Next time you want to make a point of someone's nationality, consider that Rodriguez and Pierre also browse Veeky Forums.

OK, Peter. Have some mayo

Who is Rodriguez?
Who is Pierre?

known fact that nobody loves mayo more than beaners and japanese.

I have lived in Japan for four years and I can tell you that nobody here knows what mayonnaise is.

My brazilian friend.
My french friend.

So those are two people, but the rest of Veeky Forums is white Amercians? What point are you making?

kinoshita yuka would like a word with you.

I don't know who the hell that is but one japanese person does not a trend make

kek no you haven't

she is literally a living food deity, i think you have outed yourself as a liar.

Your last arrogant salmon thread isnt even dead yet. What the fuck, man.

My point is exactly that this website isn't made out of only americans or "white people" so it's retarded when those are the first things to throw at someone.

>muh special club no normies allowed boohoo

calm down, bucko

This is the attitude making this site worse every year

go back to something awful

who the fuck cares as long as you're not passing it off as coming straight from the ur-canon of bengali cuisine? it tastes good. flips don't "traditionally" put salmon in sinigang either, doesn't mean jose rizal is going to rise from the grave and kill you for making a relatively minor substitution

>cooking salmon
>not just having it smoked

retard.

A lot of smoked salmon has sugar added.
It's much nicer to pan sear a fresh fillet anyway.

cold smoked you can't do very safely at home unless you monitor it constantly and have good equipment

hot smoked is cooked

raw, over rice

the thai place near my neighborhood does a god tier salmon dish. its lightly breaded and fried so its crisp, served with fresh basil leaves and vegetables, with a sweet chili sauce on top

>cold smoked you can't do very safely at home unless you monitor it constantly and have good equipment

Wrong. You need to cure it properly which means a salt rub with a small amount of curing salt and refrigeration for 24-48 hours. Then you need a meat chamber connected to an offset firebox. You want to keep the meat chamber under 80F which can be accomplished with a tray of ice even in 100F ambient temperature.

Dry curing sausage is another matter, but don't fear monger cold smoking fish. You probably think you can get botulism from vinegar brined pickles.

Step one: buy good salmon. Wild caught sockeye or chinook salmon ideally.

Step two: either don't cook it at all- raw salmon is amazing- or cook it to medium doneness

Gravlax is the best use of salmon

its just as shit as it ever was

Salmon sashimi is god tier

Is the smell/taste of salmon strong? I want to try it but I can't eat seafood that has a strong fish smell, like soups and cooked shrimp, the less fish smell the better

sa is (or at least was) rabidly anti-meme, lmao

What the fuck are you memeing about, you barely have to put anything on salmon to make it delicious. Salt, pepper, lemon zest. It is that fucking easy.

Last time I went there, their /g/ had a thread called the breakfast thread where you were supposed to post what you had for breakfast. Every few pages someone would start a discussion, and the mod would ban everyone and go on an autistic rant about not following the rules of the breakfast thread.
Also fyad is still garbage.

Cod is better

fresh fish should never smell strongly

>cooking it
just sashimi it bro