Is it true that being attractive hurts you in the technology community? Do people not take you seriously?

Is it true that being attractive hurts you in the technology community? Do people not take you seriously?

My face is 7/10, but I'm very lean and muscular from 7 years of bodybuilding, and I definitely get a lot of passive aggressive behaviour and people assuming that I'm dumb. Actually from professors as well. There's nothing more disheartening than being an unattractive beta, doing a PhD in a technical subject, thinking you have finally found a way to lord over the normies and jocks, only to realize that your colleague who is also doing a PhD is Veeky Forums and confident. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot for no reason, so I dress very formally with long sleeved shirts etc to not needlessly provoke people.

I'd argue that being attractive helps you regardless any possible envy of collegues

>I'm so confident
>That's why I make posts talking about how confident I am (I SWEAR) that start with "My face is 7/10 guys haha look at me!"

Yeah mate. Sure. So confident wow. Can you teach me how to be that confident? I also want to be so confident that I make posts online to mask my insecurities just like you!

>Not op
Shouldn't you be confident in yourself at all times regardless if you are or aren't? You seem to have a lot of problems.

Projecting much

This is exactly what I mean.

Specifically misplaced passive aggression

lots of people will be envious when you're attractive and smart. they try to make you look stupid to make them feel better about themselfes. it's stupid but this is how humans work. they don't want you to be better them then.

All I'm saying is that someone who is confident would not be humble bragging and making a post assuring us that he is so totally confident (he swears guys).

why give a fuck

>My face is 7/10
Kek. Are you so narcissistic that you one day sat in front of a mirror and started pondering "Hmm, I wonder how pretty is my face", or are you so desperate that you doxxed yourself in /soc/ just to get a rating and 3 minutes of attention?

I honestly don't know what's worse so spit it out.

I could give you a detailed reply, but it suffices to say that you come across as being quite unaware of the way you are validating my post. Toodles :-)

I know engineering doesn't have that many 9/10 men and women, but we don't have as many freaks like CS, math and physics.

>:-)
I can't believe that you unironically posted the mark of the insecure. Now I feel really stupid for not saving that Martin Shkreli tweet where he ended it with a ":)" just like you did here. God damn, it would have been really funny. If anyone has it please post it.

In California you are discriminated if you are

>over 30
>not a SJW
>attractive

But other areas like defense and shit you're fine.

Don't forget that if you aren't micro dosing lsd you aren't competitive

>31 years old (best male age)
>over 130IQ
>8/10 face
>7/10 body
>make decent money
>arcenemy of SJW
>don't life in california

life can be good

How retarded and ugly are you that you've never taken 10 seconds to be honest with yourself about where your physical appearance sits on a 10 point scale? It's not very narcissistic when it is so commonly used to give a ballpark of attractiveness. Have you also never considered if you are skinny, average, fat, or fit? Faggot.

>Don't forget that if you aren't macro dosing estrogen you aren't competitive
ftfy

You shouldn't be smart and hot, it's unfair.

People generally trust scientists with middling looks more than ones who are notably attractive.

I am extremely insecure over my hygiene but not over how I look or dress. I don't comb nor follow fashion trends. If I'm clean, I'm clean.

I once forgot how I look aat the mirror and was shocked at how much my facial hair has grown

if you've never seriously been honest with yourself about how attractive you are then you're either so insecure that you can't even bear the thought of it, or your so far on one side of the spectrum that you never thought it necessary.

Fake tech community maybe seen as status symbol neckbeard autist.

Formal tech community are working people love begin on profesion, will tolerate neckbeard and respect handsome people.

The Chad post

The virgin reply

What is your mother tongue?

My guess is Russian

Virgins proving his point

Exactly how do you figure this out then? I think I am a 9/10 but that's also because of muh mom and muh grandma telling me I'm their little handsome boi. I don't get approached by a lot of women and I'm still a KV at 20 years old. What do? Please I don't want to post my face to the internet.

I'm pretty sure it's the complete opposite

[screeches in jealousy]

Why? Do pale autistic nerds innovate or do hott chads?

Usually it's the autistic nerds.

The virgin originator
vs
The "chad inventor"

[numerous examples of someone inventing something and someone else taking the credit and becoming famous]

Being attractive is always an advantage. Especially if you're attractive female. Numerous psychological studies show this.

not in prison

I'm ugly and nobody in the tech community takes me seriously so I'm not sure if it has any relation

lol

now im waiting for Chad Phd vs Virging Phd

let the chad posting begin

More for men then for women lol.

Nice pasta 6/10.

Okay, Okay 8/10

more like they'll focus on their looks and ignore anything that requires trust (like accepting advice/expertise)

Be truthful to yourself and understand what people find attractive. Honestly I don't think attractiveness fits on an objective scale, but it's just a general indicator.

>finishes his emails with "MD candidate"
kek