ITT: worst quotes

I'll start.

samuel delany's isn't a thinker. that said, every english-language writer should read dhalgren.

*delany
feel free to disregard everything i said

>Wizards of the future

he's not wrong

Nice quote

His Paris review interview was good

basically true, which is not to say philosophy of science isn't valuable in it's own right. scientists just don't have much use for it

>we live in a timeline where morbidly obese bronies can become billionaires

Fuck you.

Countering with a great Delany quote

>"You gonna remember Nigg for a long time, ain't you, cocksucker? Tell you what. Ah'm gonna stick my black dick up your ass an' we gonna tongue some more. Then I'm gonna make you suck the shit off it. An' I'm gonna bust my nut again—" His scummy hand kept working down between my legs. My top button pulled loose from the worn hole. He began to push my pants down. "Shit, come on and sit on this nigger dick, white boy!"

Jesus christ how stupid can you be

seems like he's confused "comedy" with shit 12 year olds could point out.

You have 8888 seconds to explain what's wrong with that quote

I think it's a great point. many animals would drink the milk of other animals if they could access it, dogs and cats alone slurp down milk with glee. we're just the only animals that wield tools that allow us to do almost anything. which has meant sampling every kind of food in every way possible.

Pointing stupid shit out literally is what comedy is about.

what game of thrones book is this from?

yeah, pointing it out in a way that draws out the absurdity, not just autistically reeling off some counterpoints.

Fuck.

>forgetting about aboriginals

Literally anything by hegel or marx

King of the kikes. The original sjw

Feminists are too easy for this

K

when did she say that?

Let's see what feminists think about war

that would literally make them the secondary victims of war

This lady must be a literal anarchist if she thinks restrictions and rules are for the mentally ill, right? Surely all of those rape, murder, theft, and more laws are just impediments to true freedom right?

Maybe physics is some sort of special case, but philosophy is vital to making any sense of ecology and evolutionary biology.

Feynman was a brainlet compared to other physicists btw

It's about delivery. We're in a forum about literature. How do you not understand delivery?

To be fair, posting pics of quotes by standup comics is lame.

There is literally nothing correct in this quote

>entire human history is every single tribe, group, race, creed, religion, and nation clawing at each other for resources, land, slaves, and power.
>entirety of north and south america was basically tribal wars for as long as there were people
>ethnic violence continues daily in africa
>religious violence and slavery every day in the middle east
>mongolian conquest, chinese imperialism, indian ethnic subjugation
>B-but whitey was totally uniquely evil and bad!

this is why history education is necessary.

The way they teach history in modern schools is essentially textbook marxism. They have whole units about how awful colonialism was and how bad the white man was. From day one it's basically "fuck white people."

I thought the Texas school board controlled textbooks and Americans only taught their children creationism and ignored any historical figures who weren't white men.

that happens in bible belt states where whites are an illiterate minority. not in any part of the country where civilization exists.

Hillary Clinton is not a smart person. This was her reputation for many years until we all forgot how many blunders were on her record + the fact she was running against a legitimate retard.

It's worthless to Physics too, because when applied to that field we end up with ridiculous theories supported only by how a scientist wants the world to work, rather than something supported by facts.

Please never post here again

They do that by themselves.

String theory is supported by many physicists, and yet there's not a shred of evidence for it other than "aesthetically pleasing mathematics".

Wew

i think men are usually more afraid of being lied to and fucked over by women. it doesn't take "strength" to be a manipulative, egocentric child.

String theory is supported by many because it's the most successful and the most promising QG model we have, not because of physicists' aesthetic preferences.

Does she mean a spectrum of ideals? I don't understand, please help I'm a brainlet

shes right

millenial college girls as a whole legitimately don't know what the fuck they're even talking about. don't worry.

>let's retire ideals for something that isn't worth striving for and will make people settle and demand to be treated as an ideal themselves just for doing what they feel like doing

I honestly have no clue, I suspect she's just stupid.
I guess she means some individuals subvert gender norms, like girls acting manly, but that wouldn't make sense because you can only subvert gender norms when there ARE gender norms. Gender literally is a set of opposing ideals, there is no other way to describe it.

>being this much of a brainlet

Please tell me where Marx ever said "fuck white people"?

this is right though but we have to destroy many other things too to achieve equality

>Implying Marxists care or know about what Marx said

They typically do, yeah.

this is completely true

>it's the most successful and the most promising QG model we have

No that's not why.

>scientists are animals
top jej

Thank you for the valuable comment.

what's your point? His delivery blows. he's reeling off a list of counterpoints like an autist, which is what I said.

Literally nothing wrong with these.

The Franz boas one is stupid because if you select a third of mankind for literally ANYTHING it will include all races.

If you selected the bottom third of iq of all mankind of course you would end up with people from every race, it's an inevitability.

It's literally a nonsensical statement. It's like if I said 'if I were to select the top 60% of students who took the ACT, there would be males present.'

Okay, that's a good point.

Well, that's his point.
Try saying that on /pol/, come back here again and tell us how obvious that statement is to the unwashed masses.

the yellow race seems more cancerous desu

the simple fact that this "man" is revolting to look at is a strong indictment of his ideology

the same is true for a lot of others in this thread, but i can't be bothered to reply to all of them

>you'll see white men cheat black men every day of your life

most days I don't even leave the house

>arguing his point? Nah, I'll just say that he is ugly xD

But war is perpetrated by men upon men, so male casualties can be assumed to be more or less complicit in that they were also there trying to kill the person that would have killed them. So I can see how the women who lose loved ones are more truly 'victims' than the men who went to fight and die.

Not saying I agree, but her position isn't as stupid as you make it sound.

"But ugliness, in itself an objection, is to Greeks practically a refutation."

i'm betting you're ugly yourself? poor little ugly incel, aww :)

yes, because most men who fight in wars weren't just forcibly drafted peasants

you are a dumb faggot. strongly consider suicide

But that makes perfect sense

Already said I don't agree. War has always been a crime perpetrated by the rich on the poor.

Nonetheless, her point has logical consistency from her own point of view as an oligarch unwilling to admit the existence of entrenched power structures along any lines other than gender.

Women are complicit in war as well. Women in world war 1 would shame men who didn't enlist, female rulers and politicians make war just as often as men, etc.

Not to mention the loss of a spouse isn't really comparable to actually dying. And it's not like men go to war specifically to die.

It's sort of like saying 'factory workers wives are the victims of workplace accidents because their husbands died.'

>surely people can't like different things. If someone prefers a lifestyle different from what I want, they are just brainwashed.
No.

>yes, because most men who fight in wars weren't just forcibly drafted peasants

Conscription wasn't really a thing until 1789. Before then most wars were fought by professionals.

>women would shame men who don't enlist

What is the patriarchy

That's not true though, no black man has ever reached the level of the most intelligent whites.

For a brief period in European history wars were fought by mercenaries and professional standing armies, but before then, most wars have been fought by peasants at the bequest of the noble class.

Maybe not, but a black person has reached the level of the least intelligent whites, which is all it takes for franz's statement to be true considering whites make up far less than a third of worldwide population

It's not pointless because, as you can see from the other replies to your comment, some people still disagree.

I want /pol/ to go

It's still a shit quote, because it's so obvious
Nobody even said anything triggering in this thread you crybaby