What does Veeky Forums think of Virginia Woolf?

What does Veeky Forums think of Virginia Woolf?

middlebrow trash

how did she get her hair to looks so full?

>it's another "tell me what to think thread"

>reading To the Lighthouse
>the family has a house in London and a holiday home on the Isle of Skye
>patriarch was a celebrated philosopher
>they have a maid, a housekeeper, a gardener

>"The Ramsays were not rich"

Who is this bitch trying to fool?

that's what you actually think if you live a sheltered life

Just finished Mrs.Dalloway. Felt kind of vapid though I can't say I paid attention that much so I might have missed some sort of deeper meaning. Should I have started with something else of hers?

lol

Man Veeky Forums is shit now

I'm not afraid of her

way to many similes

Oh,come on. Give me something more than this. Tell me in detail exactly how shit I am.

felt she was much too wordy for what she was trying to say. Don't hate her, but reading To the Lighthouse felt like an absolute chore. It felt very repetative in it's descriptions. That, mixed with a very basic theme concerning the creative process and Woolf constantly patting herself on the back for being a writer, makes me not a huge fan.

my favorite Abyssinian royal

came here to say this.
this place has taken a nosedive.

Great writer. Sometimes she overdoes it, but she's still very talented and extraordinary, easily a favourite.

Her stream of conscious style sounds like a neat experiment but in reality, it only creates problems for the reader. Which is why I always suggest people start with Mrs. Dalloway and not The Waves or Lighthouse. Orlando sits in a nice in-between of dreamy, elegant prose and "wtf am I reading."

face sitting

I quite liked To the Lighthouse, but I could not understand the mother, which hampered my understanding of to some extent. The gender differences were striking and although the female thought processes were at times confusing, I emphasised with the male characters to a rare extent. It is a tremendously well-written novel.

a mother hen clucking and bocking over her brood-hatch is all I could think of

very plesantly written though

>how to expose your shit taste

She's not god tier but she's pretty damn close.

I regret buying To the Lighthouse instead of The Master and Margarita

this time last year To the Lighthouse was among the top 10 most common favorites, not to mention the admiration for The Waves and Mrs. Dalloway, and Woolf was considered by a significant amount to be superior to Joyce.
I knew Veeky Forums wouldn't survive the reddit invasions.

you are delusional, Wolfe has always been held in a mixture of admiration and contempt

mostly for her association with the algonquin round table and her inability to compete with joyce

she catches more flack for being a woman now than she did in the past, but such is the nature of the beast

>Wolfe
we're discussing Woolf here lad, you've got the wrong thread

fatality!!!!

don't be a dick man, you know what I mean

Gratuitously overhyped, solely based on the reason that she was one of the few female writers of her era.

Anyone who considered her superior to Joyce was the real redditor

I've only read The Waves, but it made me cum

Ehh, but there's always been people like me around here who would argue Joyce was a better technician but he never made you ache for humanity like The Waves or anything as purely beautiful like To the Lighthouse

Women don't usually come up unless it's under the women category, because whatever genre or literary tradition they write under was done better by a man. Joyce was a better modernist writer. The only women I've read were Rikki Ducornet and Karen Blixen, and they might be the only ones I'll ever read till departure. I know my time till departure is finite, so I spend it more consciously, which means no Woolf.

no it's not.

oh wait, my bad, yeah you're right.