What vegan foods are suitable for a 12 month old

My son has reached his first year of existence, already weened and ready to try new foods. However, I want to raise him on a vegan diet but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on what sort of vegan dishes are good for the little tot.

Any ideas Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/05/18/parents-killed-baby-with-quinoa-milk-diet-authorities/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ask your pediatrician before starting your child on a vegan diet.

why do they look like beaners in the second pic

nypost.com/2017/05/18/parents-killed-baby-with-quinoa-milk-diet-authorities/

please dont

None of them.
No, seriously.

Take it from somebody who has experience with kids with dietary issues that were primarily caused by the mother eating vegan whilst pregnant.

Don't. Do not put your eating fad over your childs health.

Actually who am I kidding, if you've fallen for that shit you and your child will kick the bucket first, survival and the fittest and that. Chuck the kid in the blender and then kill yourself.

>raising your son to be a cuck

I did

Why

Rude. Veganism isn't unhealthy for babies if they supplement it with their mothers breast milk. Show your sources

You don't need to wean at 12 months, some mothers nurse as much as 7 years! Until they go to school at least and it becomes a bit of a hassle.

The professional associations, the academies of both pediatrics and nutrition have very carefully worded thoughts on veganism for children, politically correct wording that doesn't outright forbid it but states that it uhh can be sufficient with careful monitoring, blah blah blah. It's not positive wording, it is just the side of not getting a lawsuit or bad press. It's not highly recommended. at all. But, well, religious reasons would offend religious types, so they don't go as far to offend anyone. And, no, I won't be looking it up for you. You should be already be aware of these facts. Have you never taken the child to the doctor or read a book in the last year and a half? Just going to wing it as questions arise?

Vegans have the lowest birthweight of all babies, even crackheads, one step above failure to thrive and the baby develops at the lowest percentile once born, too. Take a look at chinese people's tooth quality if you want to know if dairy is a bad idea to skip. Here's a picture, someone at the top of the best health they can be, an olympic diet. Look at that nutrition when it was most needed, in utero and youth. Awesome.

>Veganism
>mothers breast milk
Pick one you fucking moron

It's not unethical to feed your child the milk that nature designed to feed it you fuckwit

Nature also designed us to eat meat.

>Why
Babies are not developed, and they are largely incapable of digesting food the same way an adult is.
Feeding them a vegan diet is an almost surefired way to let them grow up malnourished.

Obvious bait is obvious. Yes yes, we all hate vegans, and with good reason.

it is unethical to "feed" your children to the point of malnutrition based on your own opinion
if your kid wants nuggers then give them some fuckin nuggers

I know this is likely bait, but if you're dumb enough to do this, go ahead. Come back in 15 years and let me know what your retarded little shit machine turns out like.

First, bait.

On the off chance,
do you realize that humans literally evolved teeth to tear meat apart?

>I did
And what did they tell you to feed the kid at 12 months?

My idea is that it's stupid and babies have died on these diets. But if you haven't already researched it then maybe cleansing the gene pool would be a good thing. How about feeding him an omnivorous diet like the human body is meant to have

>vegan
>talking about what humans are designed to eat by nature

Oh my sides.

troll thread try harder next time you bored faggot

>12 month
It's called one year you breeder idiot.

I remember reading about we've only evolved to be bipedal because early man were scavengers. We would need to be bipedal and have a better field of vision so we could just scavenge carcasses other predators left behind. It's a theory in a couple of journals, but it's pretty cool.

Uhhh, that wasn't related, but you reminded me of some journal articles I read years ago.

>ready to try new foods

except for the foods you find to be against your beliefs. poor kid.

>What vegan foods are suitable for a 12 month old

> (OP)
month
>It's called one year you breeder idiot.
babies are commonly referred to by their month in age until about 18 months

Yeah, and it's still retarded

Also read a study that hypothesized that eating meat resulted in our large brains, but also the advent of cooking meant our jaws could become smaller and thus free up space for our brains to become large

Your never too young for political indoctrination!

Just because nature let's us do something doesn't mean we should. Cannibalism is also something nature does but humans have evolved beyond that in most societies

That's why I'm asking which foods are best to feed a 12 month old child. Some are obviously more nutritionally dense than others. Besides I can always feed my son a little more if he seems malnourished.

They said it was fine. Everyone ITT is over reacting because they read some meme report on parents who underfed their children

If this isn't an elaborate trolling operation, you should see a nutritionist instead of asking retards on Veeky Forums

How much do you love your child?
How far would you go to ensure he has what he needs to grow?
Would you set aside your stupid ideology if it meant your kid gets to grow up into the best version of himself that he can be?

You should probably feed your kid lots of beans so that he gets protien. Children have shitty taste because they prioritize protien and fat over everything.

You should also be careful, if you raise your child vegan they might lose their shit the first time they taste a chicken strip and become fatasses.

Would that be considered child abuse?
Because I'm pretty sure that would be child abuse

>if he seems malnourished.
>letting your kid become malnourished in the first place because of your own beliefs
you are a bad person and a bad parent

none
babies need that animal fat to develop their brains

It's not about underfeeding, it's about the nutrients they are getting. A developing body needs certain nutrients, and they're probably not getting them on a vegan diet. You do realize that veganism is not a natural diet for a human, right?

Won't need a brain to be a good little democrat.

this
even just giving them a meat meal once a week would make a huge difference in their development

Please don't let your ideologies and beliefs mix up with your child's well-being.

but what about the sweer potatos?

Doesn't even necessarily need to be meat, it could be some fat or something cooked in. As long as it's there, it'll work.

>make some spaghetti for bub
>add a little sprinkling of fried unsmoked bacon
it is that easy

>democrats are over educated liberal elites
>won't need a brain to be over educated

Fucking pick a fox news narrative and stick with it. You're mixing your ideologies of hate.

>LE FAUX NOOS

is this 2007?

I'd say that the most intelligent people are independents. Bipartisanism is retarded, and just stunts the discourse on issues that are actually relevant.

The higher ups yeah, sure, the masses though are drooling retards who take gender studies courses etc

Also, before you go REPUBLICAN RACIST NAZI, I'm not from America

It's not the meat per se, but the delicious fat in the meat. Your brain is mostly fat.

You do realize meat has more nutrients than just fat right?

but the fat is what makes the brain big

And the other nutrients dummy, not just the fat

ask your psychologist before turning your son into a massive faggot who will probably hate you for your ridiculous restrictions on food and go on meat binges when at school.

>go on meat binges when at school
He's gonna be irremediably fucked long before he even reaches kindergarten age.

>They said it was fine.

No they didn't.

bleach in a bottle

Maybe it was one of those holistic medicine hacks

So not a real pediatrician. Well, guess that explains why he's asking people on Veeky Forums for advice.

>if he seems malnourished I'll just feed him more of the food that caused him to become malnourished.

Almost got me, good bait.

>"wot u lads got for lunch?"
>"chicken salad"
>"bacon buttie"
>"bahn mi"
>"what about you Moonflower?"
>"quinoa, tofu and tomato sandwich... anyone want to swap?"

This. Any doctor worth his expensive degree would tell you this is a bad idea

>Moonflower

is it actually that weird for a 12 month old to be vegan?

They eat mashed up vegetables and fruit, and stuff like that. What do they normally eat that isn't vegan?

This brings up a good point, what is your sons name?

milk, cheese, mushed up meat

>They eat mashed up vegetables and fruit, and stuff like that. What do they normally eat that isn't vegan?

They eat meat, chicken, lamb, beef, and the dishes they are associated with. Every brand has them.

My pic isn't a joke, yikes but it's my little joke to post it. Geez, I wonder what country these are made for....?

Rabbit is delicious and horse is basically lean beef

There's a reason why British beef was packaged with horse meat for a while there

Why are you vegan and not vegetarian? Denying a child proper nutrition is equivalent to intentional child abuse.

>I want to stunt my child's growth
>I want him to be ostracized in school

Veganism is an eating disorder, not a diet.

Why is this thread still being bumped? Stop it.

Then why would it be unethical to feed it cows milk?

Any doctor that tells you eating meat is necessary for health needs to get his facts checked and go on a vegan diet.

I am vegetarian, and I would wait another year or two

>veganism is an eating disorder

ITT

>I did
Ask a real pediatrician.

>Any doctor that knows what he's talking about is bad because facts hurt my fee-fee's

it's quite fitting that you have to ask for advice about vegan food to a bunch of 16-24 year old amateurs on a meme cooking board because even they are more knowledgeable about food than the average vegan nazi.

>CPS shows up in 6 months
Calling it now

B-but he's trained in reiki, crystal healing and holistic medicine, he is a real doctor to me

Veganism is retarded. For the sake of your kid, stick with vegetarianism.

>Breeder
Return to plebbit

I fucking hate vegans

>Also, before you go REPUBLICAN RACIST NAZI, I'm not from America

History has proven that you don't need to be American to fall for that ideology.

Vegan dishes are never "good" they're without exception pale imitations of the omnivorous dishes they're based on. Nothing ever has any substance, browning is achieved for instagram photos only, lending no flavor. Things fall apart and become impossible to eat because lol we can't use egg as a binder, nevermind the fact that I keep chickens in my back barn which is heated in the winter and big enough for 4 people to live comfortably, we can't use a natural biproduct of their anatomy to try to keep your faux-chicken "meat"ball soywads to stick together so you might actually be able to consume them in a way that doesn't feel like a pig at a trough, that'd be way too cruel. Repeat after me: vegan food is without exception shit. The only thing it's ever able to achieve is to taste vaguely like the normal dish it's based on, to be merely not disgusting trash that falls apart in your hands is an achievement for a vegan dish. By choosing a vegan lifestyle you're choosing mediocrity in your cuisine and a blandness in your palate that is completely contraindicated by posting on the food and cooking board. So please, feed your little crotch-dropping a shitty vegan diet of shitty bland vegan slop, he'll grow up to be a shitty little waif that no one has a shred of affection for and your weak family line will die with him. Adieu.

nice dubs literally hitler

Also over "educated" liberal elites means they have worthless degrees that mean nothing but allow them to sit atop an ivory tower as they so often do and show their complete lack of understanding of the average American.

They don't have a brain in that they're dumbasses, but they are "educated" so people take them seriously.

You should eat some fish friendo, it's brain food

You're going to kill your kid.

Why are to trying to murder your child? I'm saving this thread as evidence to be used against you.

>being this confused

I'm sorry you're so jealous of your liberal overlords. Maybe if you had invested in your future and gotten an education you wouldn't be so jealous and hate filled.

>Maybe if you had invested in your future and gotten an education
>implying
I'm a master's student in electrical engineering for as much as it matters to you, go ahead and explain to me how the cunt who spent college smoking pot and skipping class should be in charge. I'll wait.

I was more talking about the IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE LE REPUBLICAN NAZI BIGOT RACIST meme, I live in the Aussie outback, I shoot roo's, grow and sell some unique shit like finger limes and some more mundane shit like chilli's and other produce, got a carolina reaper plant growing too for my sauces that I sell.

Your politics is stupid and your parties supporters even stupider, I find your left more grating though as their cancerous mindset and focuses has infected Australia, your gun grabbing bullshit that Howard copied in '96 fucked me over, took a good few WW2 relics that I was given, one of my hunting rifles for killing roo's (was semi auto for faster follow up shots) and my pump action that I used for rabbit hunting, now your "progressive" shit is poisoning everything, just the other week I saw that schools in Victoria were going to help kids who think they might be trannies transition regardless of parents thoughts, whether they actually are or not, etc, what kind of fucking shit is that, thank god my son went through school before your toxic "progressive" shit started to seep in to the education system

>won't even feed kid eggs and milk products like cheese

user honestly you are robbing the child of so fucking much you really ought to kill yourself. He would be better off with foster parents who aren't clinically retarded. I am not being hurtful, I am merely saying the truth.