Kek, Nobel Prize in Physics for finding useless waves. Who cares really?

Kek, Nobel Prize in Physics for finding useless waves. Who cares really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uvPbj9NX0zc
youtube.com/watch?v=zFEEm2l-r9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off back to

Well explain how these waves are going to change anything?

There havent really been extraordinary discoveries in the field of physics in the last years. It's no surprise.
Medicine, on the other hand, went to the cool and clinically usable process of autophagy last year, but this year it went to LE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM. Fuck my life.

Just goes on to prove that medicine is the best of sciences. Physics is just a circlejerk at this point.

did I stutter?

Honestly this.
The only thing physics has proved is god doesn't exist and your life is utterly meaningless. Any solution to that? "Nope, LMAO." Thanks physishits.
Meanwhile medicine is actually improving our standard of living, making our brief lives longer and more enjoyable. There's still a lot of work to be done but at least it's working towards a positive goal.

You seem like someone who watches Rick and Morty

>useless
>Implying everything must have a use
lmao what a fucking nigger tier attitude.

>medicine
Ever thought of how a PET scan actually works?
protip: what does the P stand for?

Ur an idiot.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I said Kip on the last thread and people laughed at me.

kek faggots

I was completely unaware of this cartoon's existence until you kids kept bringing it up. I am utterly disinterested in pop-culture.
u 2

Thanks for Uhhh believing in Kip Uhhh user

>making our brief lives longer
Maybe elsewhere. In the US healthcare is not about health, it's about lifelong treatment.

Honestly should just posthumously award it to Einstein instead.

FUUUUUUUUCK LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAOAOAOAOAO
AYOOOOOOOOOOOO

>That pic
The US is literally the most cucked nation on earth, I feel sorry for them.

looks like the second amendment isn't protecting them from insurance companies kek

>interstellar guy wins Nobel

Bravo Nolan

no diversity? Nobel Prizes are RACIST and propagate the patriarchy!!!!

can you imagine a negroid winning the nobel prize in something non-retarded? he would probably get on stage and start talking about lebron james

So this is the power of Veeky Forums

Also that graph means literally nothing, shame on you.

I know how it works. Physics has brought the tools needed for modern medicine, now all physicists should just quit and actually apply those techs. There's nothing more to be found in the field of circlejerking around some waves and particles.

It looks like more spending is giving worse results.

>Also that graph means literally nothing
... to you.

To the rest of us it means a longer life.

You sound exactly like somebody who watches rick and morty.

Medicine, hard biological subjects (neuro biology, microbiology, biochemistry, cardiology etc.) are where science is at right now. Physics has its uses for Tech, and teaching, but it's basically a history course at this point considering nothing has happened for decades of any value. Physicists should look more towards medi-Tech and engineering as a way to forward science imo.

These people helped to build a detector so sensitive it could pick up a wiggle in space-time vastly smaller than a proton's width. That's pretty impressive.

This. all these med shills want their shitty ass prostate simulation algorithm to get an award instead. fuck off.

We get it you love cartoons. Moving on...

thanks engineers

youtube.com/watch?v=uvPbj9NX0zc

I work with LIGOs computational cluster and have root access to their systems. Also I can see all the gravitational wave stuff before it's published. AMA?

I didn't know non-whites were allowed here...

On what dates did the events happen in the recent run?

i sure dont

Nope, life expectancy rises for every single country asymptotically with money invested

It looks like there are flaws in the US system

I'm not fucking surprised that Veeky Forums can't even appreciate the incredible difficulty of this huge detection. A whole new field of observation on the universe has opened and they have already learned a lot from a couple of detections. And this will work as a proof of concept for more wave detectors too, that can observe different kinds of events a objects too. A wave detector can detect changes down to the very surface of a rotating neutron star in other fucking galaxy's. We can't even imagine the scale of these things.

We have been trying to detect these things since the 1960's and LIGO's sensitivity is comparable to detecting a the width of a hair change in distance over 4 fucking light years. If you can't even appreciate that, then I don't know why you are even on a board about science. These waves are so incredibly tiny, if it weren't for the amazing fucking models they work with for predicting exactly what it would look like, then it would never been even picked out from the noise.

Of course they get a nobel price for it. Its the physics event of the century. No one in physics is surprised they get it, and no one doesn't think they deserve it.
Anyone that knows more about it than the basic pop-sci shit would never be this fucking stupid.

>useless waves
Fucking retard.

What that chart doesn't say is that Cuba overtook the U.S. in average life expectancy and invest a lot in heath despite it's shabby apparence.

that's pretty fucking neat

>The only thing physics has proved is god doesn't exist

If you see theorist string will be mad about so useless circlejerk.

You're in the wrong place, is better suited for you

There have been great discoveries in astrology in the last two decades.

Fuck me, I meant astronomy, of course.

>I know more than the Nobel committee about what is useless
...using your own achievements as an example?

I got a ticket once for stealing Kip's reserved parking spot. I also saw him walking on campus with Stephen Hawking one time.

>walking

Why are retards from /pol/ always repeating the same retarded shit? Is it because they lack the capacity to actually discuss things?

>everyone right of my own opinions are from /pol/
fuck off, Commie...go to reddit

>also saw him walking on campus with Stephen Hawking

I fucking knew he was faking it

The problem is not that I am offended or disagree with your opinion
The problem is that you for some reason bring your personal normalfag issues up in completely unrelated threads and boards and kill any sort of discussion that isn't a funny racist maymay or "you disagree with me, you must belong to the OTHER GROUP WHO ARE OUR ENEMIES, RIGHT GUIZE???"
Basically, you behave like a fucking retard and are offended when people point out your retardation - pretty much the exact same behavior as SJWs and other retarded "radicals" whose only identity is some stupid problem

>Nobel for some retard cuck morons who sit in front of their monitors all day detecting (((gravitational waves))) that literally has no relevance in the real world and probably were just some space dust
>not for those that actually devised an experiment to detect Majorana edge modes i.e. indications of topological superconducting orders that would eventually allow us to apply topological phase transitions to engineering/CS

/pol/ I want you to understand why we hate you.
We dont hate you because what you say is "offensive". Remember where the fuck you are, we are each about 1 click away from watching women with 12 inch cocks fucking each other. And at one point this site even had guro and loli boards. Oh my god you said nigger! This totally shocks my unenlightened sheeple mind.

No, we hate you because you are the new furfags. You see, the problem with furfags, wasnt that they jerked off to furry shit, it was that they were so fucking obnoxious about it. Everything had to be made furry. Every forum avatar had to be a fursona. They had to constantly broadcast the fact that they were furfags to everyone, and when this was met with derision, they doubled down on their effort. They labeled the rational reaction to their faggotry "fursecution" and actively set out to be the biggest faggots they could possibly be to combat it.

Stormniggers are exactly the same. I have yet to see a single board on this site that doesnt regularly have off topic derails about niggers or jews. Always with craftyjew.jpg and A Wyatt Mann cartoons. It doesnt matter how off topic it is, /pol/ users cant help but broadcast the fact that they are stormniggers.

What does the average IQ of blacks have to do with this thread? I mean, really what does it add to the conversation about the movie? Jack shit. All it does is send out a big loud signal to everyone in the thread that LOOK AT ME! I AM SO RACIST! YOU SHOULD BE OFFENDED!

TL;DR Stormfags are just the same as furfags only their "fursecution" is called "political correctness".

>can't accept reality
We've all been there user don't worry. No reason to be embarrassed.

see

holy shit look

this
not everything is the work of the Jews

even if it was you shove that meme down our throats as bad as the left does LGBT memes

>LGBT memes are bad
found the /pol/tard

>ad hominem fallacy
found the shill

>useless waves
sage

>/pol/ I want you to understand why we hate you.
switch /pol with people all around the world the rest is a really well done spectrum of the society

kek

stream right now youtube.com/watch?v=zFEEm2l-r9k

lol some bitch just asked why 7 of the 9 are from the U.S.

yes guys the future shine of race/gender balance over meritocracy

Not just male scientists, but *white* male scientists.

>lets stop developing technology

Why do political activists think science is a male vs female competition?

fucking nobelets are mad again? kek

(((white)))
they are jews, only jews have the PHENOTYPE to win nobel prizes.

What? He's saying the exact opposite you dumb physishit brainlet

Physics and chemistry prize come from 50 years old work.

Poor Edward Witten never will win prize Nobel.

I wonder which for dummies book he has back there

why hasn't he already? serious question

Why should he?

in case you don't know, he is very smart

How many people have wasted their careers researching this smart man's fantasy?

I'm no physicist but isn't string theory the hot shit of the 21th century physics?

"Where do you work out?"

"At the synagogue."

>he is very smart

So was von Neumann. He never won either.

>based kip gets a prize
Deserved desu

>Replying to the pasta

>Le Circadian Rhythm
you know, just the thing that dictates when we feel like starting a process that lasts 8 hours, give or take

The Higgs was hot shit for a long time too, but they only got the prize after they found it. If someone comes up with solid evidence of strings existing, they will win, but as of now that isn't the case.

What does that graph look like when you remove all the obese people and smokers though?

Seriously though, why do we even count the people who clearly want to die young in life expectancy?

yep

>You see, the problem with furfags, wasnt that they jerked off to furry shit, it was that they were so fucking obnoxious about it. Everything had to be made furry.
This desu.

Funny thing that /pol/lacks are actually the ultimate snowflakes.

Video starts 27 minutes in

Actual presentation starts 51 minutes in

and niggers

it's just some made up math bs to fit the data it doesn't predict anything new

Black people don't have a significantly lower life expectancy. It's like ~75 years for black people and ~78 for white, and ~80 years for hispanics in the US

In terms of life expectancy 3 years is actually somewhat significant.

No, not really. By that logic, white people have a significantly lower life expectancy than Hispanics. 2-3 years isn't that much when you're in your seventies.

Literally why would you post this on Veeky Forums. This isn't /int/ or /pol/ or anywhere where people care about whose country is better.

I know this trick, you just wanna know if you can use them for war is that it?

god damn i'm pissing away my life on Veeky Forums