Be poor

>be poor
>have to buy ice cream so shitty it can't legally be called "ice cream"

very few people know this feel.

Such is life in communist canuckistan

Well at least you guys have zesty mordant doritos.

You know you don't "have to" buy it

>be poor but penny AND pound wise
>put frozen bananas and stuff in a blender/food processor

forgot i also put a tablespoon flax in it. flax is gud

Yep. That's the way to do it. Freeze it if you want some ice cream consistency, but it's not the same and you know it'll never be the same but you try and try to delude yourself that is it.

the fuck is a "kcal"

>chia seeds
>flax seeds
>drinking shakes at all
you sound like a pretentious vegan.

I have an iceless churner for making conventional icecream whenever, but I don't like that stuff.

You'll learn about that when you get to high school.

Same as a cal, we just stupid af

you could have typed that shit into google and saved yourself a captcha and the time spent waiting for an answer.

If you're so poor, why are you buying something so superfluous as fucking ice cream? Maybe you're poor because you don't know how to properly manage money.

isn't ice milk just the poorfag name for gellato?

>ice milk
>not just low fat ice cream

>ice milk

Be me

>Be richfag
>I will never know this feel

Ice cream is pretty cheap. It's not staple tier of course but it can be had for $1 per 1000cal.

at least it actually melts

op is canadian, because of the powerful diary industry dairy products are expensive, decent ice cream starts at around $6/2 liters

>selected varieties
mmmm, my favourite ice cream flavour.

how about you just don't buy it as often and then you won't have to buy the shitty stuff

I just bought 100g of locally produced dried apple slices for around $5.70 today, I guess my Swiss grocery prices mean I'm unable to see the problem with that price.

in science one calorie is usually 1/1000th of what you understand as a calorie, hence kcal is referred to as "culinary calorie" in some contexts, so it's not always the same.

homemake it

Try complaining to good companies for free coupon, faggot.

Assuming this isn't bait, fuck off. You're not poor if you're buying ice cream- even imitation shit.

Here's and idea, stop being poor retard.

eat less of it so you can afford to buy the good quality stuff and eat that in moderation. you fat fuck.

here it's called frozen dairy dessert.

>claims to be poor
>buys ice cream

Just make it yourself familia
bribe your local dairy man to make you an ice cream mix, it's like $25 for 10 quarts and you can freeze the bag easily.

>fudgesicle fury
I can't believe it's not Ben & Jerry's!

Salaries are probably higher there though. I guess taxes are too. At least you don't pay for health care (out of pocket anyways).

How much does a liter of vodka or other liquor cost?

it's obviously ice milk

>very few people know this feel.
A third of the damn section is "frozen dairy dessert"

I can buy a half gallon of dank bluebell for $4.99 + tax.

>live in Canada
>wages are lower than the USA
>prices are also more expensive than the USA thanks to government regulations and sponsored monopolies

I hate this country.

My point is how poor is someone who has the money to buy dessert, even if it's shitty dessert?

I bet you waste your money on b&j you fat fuck

In Canada, ice milk comes in tubs.

>4 L
>Four fucking liters
Over a fucking gallon, stop being such a disgusting piece of rancid fat and eat less ice cream, for fuck's sake.
Or stop popping out fatherless mixed race mouths to feed.

>b-b-b-but healthcare!

>you "need" to buy a large tub of frozen sugar milk when you are "poor"

Sounds like someone isn't really poor.

when my family was poor (for about 13 years of my life) we usually either made our own ice cream or got the Laura Lynn version of this

That's... not cheaper. A half gallon is just shy of 2 litres... OP's is about a gallon.

>American education

No shit, Sherlock. The point is that it's real ice cream

Oh it's REAL frozen sugar and milk? As opposed to the FAKE frozen sugar and milk?

Lol.

>>have to buy ice cream
>have to
No you don't, fat cunt.

Milk != Cream

Waaah!!! Is poorfag triggered?

If you were poor you wouldn't be buying ice cream

Why not just buy it less frequently and get the good stuff?

Ice Milk is not bad imo

the stuff I really hate is "frozen dairy dessert" or w/e they have to call it

FYI: most soft-serve is technically "ice milk".

some crazy shit being passed as "frozen dairy desert". like frozen imitation sorbet that has fucking water and palm oil and sugar as the first three ingredients. like wtf

>being poor
>spending money on junk food

>being poor means you can't enjoy anything sugary or fatty
op never mentioned anything else he would buy when poor so we don't know if he was eating only beans and rice and then getting "ice milk" as a treat once in a while

What flavor, listeria hysteria.

Naw man.
If you are poor you should be living off of flour, rice, beans, potatoes, and eggs. Anything else is a luxury that will only keep you in poverty.

I doubt $4.99 is the deciding factor keeping anyone in poverty

this right here.
All these entitled liberal cucks thinking they deserve everything.

Also, ice cream is for women.

>if you're poor you should only be given a bag of flour and water with no heat source. You can make a nutritious paste that will sustain you enough to join the work force where you can then afford a heat source for your flour and water.

Horatio Algier will be proud of you.

Shhh, you'll destroy the Republican "poor people are poor only because they make bad life choices" narrative with that kind of thinking. Didn't you hear what Ben Carson said??? "being poor is a mindset!"

We were never able to get this because our freezer was too small.

Guys I'm going to Publix for some ice cream in a bit. What kind should I buy? Good recommendations only please.

>falling for that disabled comment jew video

my breyers melts before i can even finish it

>4 L
fucking kek

if this and not 'ice milk' was OP's actual joke it was very subtle

what's the joke with 4L?

>>>>>>>>'have to buy'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>""""HAVE""""

fat cunt

Sorbet is the cheapest thing you can make though

It does make sense that poor people make poor decisions like buying dessert on a tight budget. I'm only saying that because I'm rich and I never buy dessert.

I wish I was rich.

>buy 50lb. bag of brown rice, and restaurant quantities of other grains like quinoa, cous cous, and dry beans
>build vegetable garden
>raise chickens
>continue to work menial job, and every time you feel like spending money, remember that you're a massive piece of shit that has no friends and the only thing that keeps you going is the little gratification you get from withholding happiness from yourself in the form of frugality
>hoard money

feels meh man

Oh, and obv don't fucking buy dessert. Dessert is literally something you get if you're celebrating, fine dining, or both. Ice cream was never meant to be some fucking kitchen staple like everyone in this thread treats it as.

>very few people know this feel.

I grew up poor enough we didnt buy ice cream

This. I buy a 1L box of Ice cream once or twice a year, if at all. The victorians called people liek OP the deserving poor for a reason.

do you have an actual reason for your opinion or are you just gonna state it like it's fact

who the fuck cares what it was 'meant to be'?

>be poor
>waste money on ice milk because im a fat fucking fuckup

>Publix
But Publix is expansive it's like 2 to 3 dollars more then everywhere else.

Why is it poor people are often so fucking fat.

I used to translate ingredients labels for a living for 2 months, the amount of bureaucratic bullshit that goes into a legally acceptable label is incredible.

Honestly "ice milk" sound much healthier since it's allowed to have "milk" in the name. "Ice cream" by this point is probably a legal co-location of two words that has nothing to do with cream anymore.

On that note I also live in poverty and regularly buy no-name-brand everything.

Did you eat that thing OP or just find it and post?

>the deserving poor are the people who are deserve their poverty
That's not what that means.
The deserving poor are poor people who deserve charity IE children, the disabled, the elderly and, to a lesser degree, their caretakers. People who are ablebodied but lazy or drunken are the idle poor. People who are poor because of their stupidity are another category but I'm not sure of the name.

>no name®

eat shit food

>who the fuck cares what it was 'meant to be'?

Whoever cares cares and whoever doesn't doesn't. The fuck kinda question is that? You know what stops people from saying things with conviction on the internet? Absolutely nothing. kys autist.

-Take water
-Freeze it
-Pound it
-Take mint
-Pound it
-Mix everything
-Add a very little bit of sugar
Here we go, summer-dessert on budget
Mint too expensive ? Take something else (You can make it grow yourself btw)
You don't like mint ? Take something else

Good idea dude I'm gonna do it and call it mint poundtown

wow congrats on saying absolutely nothing.

not eating a food because you don't think you're 'meant to' is retarded

Shit tastes good, dunno what you're complaining about.

>consequences do not exist

Please go eat as much ice milk as you want, and I'll continue to have it sparingly. We'll see who enjoys it more.

also why the fuck is someone calling a moral dilemma retarded when they are so brazenly using apostrophes as quotation marks?

Dietary calories are actually 1000 literal physics calories, or "kilocalories."

Kilocalories eventually got shortened down to "calories" because people are lazy. Unfortunately, it results in a great deal of confusion.

>tfw OP is genuinely poor and doesn't even want ice cream
>but he has kids, and just because he's poor doesn't mean his kids have to suffer
>wants to give his children even the slightest semblance of happiness

>junk food = happiness
ask me how i know you're fat

Alright then. How?

hunch

Most people in the first world (hell, even the third world) has tried ice cream at some point in their childhood. Not everyone is a homeschooled autist like you.

not to mention paying for everyones health care with each purchase.
i love waiting 8 months to get my cancer treatment started, thanks canada healthcare!
america so dumdum

I remember when almond milk was an overpriced meme.

Now it's cheaper than real milk, and lasts longer too. I never had a problem with milk, but if the dairy industry is gonna continue being such fuckfaces, I'm okay with making the switch.

>have to buy ice cream

Why?

Kids are better off without ice cream. Literally just a plate of fat and sugar

Why would you lie to your kids by setting them up with the false hope that life can be good? Pretty cruel, tbqh.