Hey there Veeky Forums. Im making teriyaki chicken but the problem is that im using sake to make the sauce for it...

Hey there Veeky Forums. Im making teriyaki chicken but the problem is that im using sake to make the sauce for it. Is there any non-alcoholic alternative for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/foodasian.html#teriyaki
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/照り焼き
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Non-alcoholic sauces are always highly disappointing. Guess you could use some white wine and rice vinegar, then cook out a bit of the acidity.

Dealete your picture fucker. Your ruining McDonald's french fries fo rme.

(Im afraid of spider's.)

Well the reason im asking is because my family is muslim you see and im the only one thats not. I wanna make something that i already know how to but change the recipe abit to suit their ideals

fuck off sand nigger

Dont make me blow your house up.

All in all, im genuinely here for advise on it

Just use fucking white grape juice and a dash of white wine vinegar ffs muzzie.

OMG teriyaki is easy mode, you don't even need to marinate it more than 5 minutes, because actual pineapple enzymes in juice break down meat too quickly and soy is just so damn salty.
Grill chicken or steak (or pork which I guess you won't).
Baste with teriyaki. Turn over. Baste with teriyaki.
Serve with grilled slices of fresh pineapple, and some red bell pepper too.

A good teriyaki sauce will try to have some depth of flavor beyond soy sauce and pineapple juice, so this is where you find the sherry or rice wine because of the flavor compounds of alcohol, so ya, none for you, but you could use rice wine vinegar, or just a squeeze of fresh lemon, what I would do). Then you need that fresh ginger grated in there, and the toasted sesame oil flavor, but be careful not to burn it. Fresh chili flakes, or a bit of minced red jalapeno might be nice.

Personally, I'd buy a bottle of Soy Vay, or Kikkoman teriyaki and just enhance it. The amount of teriyaki sauce you create on your own, opening a can of pineapple juice would be adequate for an entire primal cut of beef, or 20 chickens. Buy it. Add fresh ginger knob. Done.

Spend your time making luscious pineapple slices caramelized with it. And, your nice rice. I actually like skewered meat, pepper, pineapple, because they flavor each other. Can throw some mushrooms on the skewer too. While you have your grill lit, go ahead and put on some slabs of eggplant, zucchini, butternut, asparagus..

the alcohol vaporizes user. Do you really think there's booze in Teriyaki chicken? There is no alcohol in the dish. you can't get drunk off it.

>OMG
>Pinapple enzymes break down meat!
>adding pinapple at all
>only marinate 5 minutes
>soy sauce is too salty!
>eggplant and shit

I can't tell if you're a disgusting yuppie anglo, a hawaiian, or both.

Either way, I don't like you and wish ill upon your family.

He's not going to care if it nearly or completely vaporizes. The family is muslim. It's a rule. He's not going to use it.

Teriyaki is one of the few dishes you can order out and nearly 100% guarantee that it's wrong, and has been oversauced and marinated, no balance for the thickness of the meat and the amount of salt and mealy toughness (overtenderized).
The technique should be used as a glaze after being cooked, as does in the history of the dish.
foodtimeline.org/foodasian.html#teriyaki

You don't have any real opinion, just an insult, WTF does my race or origin have to do with my knowledge? Have you been to Japan more than I have? Or Seattle more than me? Who has had more sukiyaki, me or you? Again, my race matters how? Did you even to any culinary school or are you just some weirdo who still uses the term yuppie, as an insult no less?

Just don't tell them about the sake, they'll be none the wiser

>>Pinapple enzymes break down meat!
Well he's right about that part.

Acid does not break down protiens, pinapples would be inedible if their acid was that strong

>You don't have any real opinion, just an insult, WTF does my race or origin have to do with my knowledge? Have you been to Japan more than I have? Or Seattle more than me? Who has had more sukiyaki, me or you? Again, my race matters how? Did you even to any culinary school or are you just some weirdo who still uses the term yuppie, as an insult no less?

Assmad Happa-Jap Hawaiian detected.

>Seattle

Also looks like I was right about the hipster yuppie piece of shit thing

he said enymes, not acid
bromelain is a protease present in pineapple juice and catalises protein breakdown into smaller peptides
it's actually used as a meat tenderizer

Use an aji-mirin, and back off the added sugar to compensate. Those are bottled before significant fermentation so they're okay if kombucha or traditional soda pop is.

You're misreading your source. When they say "last stages" they mean that it gets brushed on during grilling instead of being left to marinade, not that it goes on after.
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/照り焼き
>食材は軽く塩を振っておくなどして、水分を
>出し身を引き締めておく。これをフライパン
>や網で焼いた後、上記の煮詰めたタレを両面
>に塗りながら焼き仕上げる。焦がさないよう
>に加熱し、ツヤがよく出るように何度かタレ
>を重ね塗りする。特に網で焼く場合には遠火
>にして焼くときれいに焼ける。

>塗りながら焼き仕上げる。
>加熱し、ツヤがよく出るように何度かタレを重ね塗りする。

this pretty fucking retarded, isn't there naturally occurring alcohol in produce? And higher content then some wine sauce?

>produce contains alcohol

Yeah, that's why you have to be 21+ to buy it. Retard.

Religion is man-made bullshit just cook it

>isn't there naturally occurring alcohol in produce?

No. But there is alcohol in bread that's leavened with yeast.

not enough to get you drunk dumbass, idk I've heard CookingInRussia say there's naturally occurring alcohols in produce when people complain about alcohol in recipes