Crunchy chips in oven

I tried to get crunchy chips in oven, didn't work. I cut them to pieces, boiled them until soft, tossed in bit of olive oil, turn the oven to 190C, cooked on oven tray. Sides of the chips touching the tray browned but they didn't crisp up. How to get crispy/crunchy chips in oven? Pic semi related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_wx__fEyDj0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

by stopping being a pussy and deep frying them.

Crispy = no moisture
You have to use super dry potatoes like russets
You have to flip while cooking to colour all sides
Dry your potatoes thoroughly after boiling
Salt the boiling water thoroughly and then rinse your potatoes afterwards, this extracts and removes starch that holds on to moisture

I mostly cook for my little niece, she doesn't like deep fried food.

sounds good, let me try. I washed them before boiling but salt sounds good.

Well first you have to cut them into actual chip shapes rather than fries like your picture. Then you just fry them.

No moisture is right! I use a fridge to dry them out.

I did this when I was like 15 on my first try. I don't see what's so hard about it. sliced them super thin, not much oil at all, laid them flat on a cookie sheet, sprinkled with s&p and cooked them in the oven at...I don't remember probably about tree-fiddy until they were done. maybe the key is slicing them really thin or something because I know I focused on that. pretty sure I patted the moisture off of them too before tossing them with oil.

It helps if the fries are frozen before you put them in the deep fryer. Tell your niece that they were baked in the oven until she learns to love them and then tell her that you had to lie for her own good.

>chip shapes rather than fries
What do you mean? What's the difference?

in clapistan, they're called fries. in britcuckistan, they're called chips. the guy you're responding to is being intentionally obtuse for the sake of """humor."""

i started using one of those meme "air fryers". Much better than oven fries. Not quite as good as deep fried fries done right

just let them be in the oven for longer, if they are getting too brown/golden, lower the temp. your goal here is to essentially dry them out on the outside

fan assist on

>chips
this website is made in america for americans. please stop using it now and return to your bad telly comedies and indian food.

>boil
dude what in the hell... you just cut them about 1cm each and bake them on parchment for 25 mins. olive oil is too dense and won't make them crispy, you need light hydrogenated oil like vegetable shortening.

You have to refrigerate or freeze them after cutting and prepping, which is the same rule for deep frying. It extends the cooking time but you wind up with a crisper fry/chip.

Pic unrelated.

>kid doesn't like deep fried food
Yeah no

Boil them in alkaline water (water with baking soda) for a minute or 2-3 dry them off, let them cool and then oil and put'm in the oven.

Science is epxlained here:
youtube.com/watch?v=_wx__fEyDj0

There's a lot of bongs on this board and I spend too much time on it I guess because I'm american and unironically ordered a large chips at mcdicks the other day without thinking. The slack jawed cashier just stared at me and that's when I realized what I had done.

the trick is adding some salt and vinegar to the water, afterwards throw the potatoes around in a bowl with a spoon until a thick layer of mashed potatoes has build up on them, that rough surface is whats gonna get crispy while the vinegar helps keeping the form