Best of the 3

who was the best of the 3 here

euler obviously

Newton pales in comparison to Gauss and Euler

this was a guy that believed in alchemy and biblical numerology, guy wasn't that bright to be honest

Here's my question though why does Euler look like a kang in that picture

Reddit, would you kindly fuck off? Also, Euler> Newton>Gauss

>his other beliefs have an impact on the weight of his discoveries
you're a fucking retard

Euler was a devout christian, he used to read the Bible for his grandsons, he was probably more christian than Newton. Gauss on the other hand, there are some discussions, but he believed firmly in the afterlife and in a creator. Besides he never left his church and read the Bible frequently, he was probably a christian-deist.

About OP's question, in terms of achievements Euler and Newton were greater, but in terms of raw geniality Gauss was untouchable.

[math]\mathbb{E} [/math] [math]\mathbb{U} [/math] [math]\mathbb{L} [/math] [math]\mathbb{E} [/math] [math]\mathbb{R} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{U} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{L} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{E} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{R} [/math]

>believed in alchemy
aka chemistry
>biblical numerology
there's no shame in playing with ideas and exploring where they lead

[math]\mathbb{Y\ \ \ \ O\ \ \ \ O\ \ \ \ L\ \ \ \ E\ \ \ \ R}[/math]

[math]\mathbb{O}[/math]

[math]\mathbb{O}[/math]

[math]\mathbb{L}[/math]

[math]\mathbb{E}[/math]

[math]\mathbb{R}[/math]

so you guys don't have a problem with Newton's obsession with the mysteries of the bible?

Sir Isaac Newton, no contest

Honest question, what exactly do you think the Bible is? What do you think about the relationship between science and religion?

> but in terms of raw geniality Gauss was untouchable.

Why do you say that? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm curious. I see a lot of people saying how Gauss was the best, but from everything I have read so far, I don't see why to belive he was better than Euler. But I didn't read all that much, so I may be wrong, and if you could explain why I'm wrong I would be most grateful.

What the fuck? Was Euler black?

1) The story about the sum of the arithmetic progression - It is said that when Gauss was around 5 years old, his teacher asked the children in the class to sum every number from 1 to 100, after some seconds Gauss showed his paper with the correct answer to the teacher who was extremely impressed and that is how Gauss, at the age of 5 deducted the formula of the AP.

2) Precocity - Everyone knows that genius tend to show their characteristic since very little, right? Mozart used to compose at the age of 7, but Gauss' case was a little extreme, at the age of 3 he was already helping his father's taxes calculations.

3) Constructability of Polygons - At the age of 18 Gauss proved that any regular polygon can only be constructed with a ruler and a compass if the number of sides of that polygon is the product of a power of 2 with the product of a prime power. He solved a millennial problem at the age of 18.

4) Fundamental Theorem of Algebra - Gauss' doctoral thesis was the first acceptable proof of the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra.

5) Congruences - Do you know what Congruence are? Gauss created that notation that is still used even today.

6) Mathematical Rigor - Gauss was responsible for the mathematical rigor that we have nowadays, just this fact show how great he is.

7) Astronomy Problem - In Gauss' time, a certain astronomical object was discovered, but due to some circumstances, the astronomers lost sight of it almost immediately.With a ridiculous small amount of information, Gauss calculated the orbit of that object and told the astronomer to point their telescopes to a certain direction. And that was the exact direction of where the astronomical object was.

8) Electromagnetism - Do you know about the Gauss' Law? Yeah, he was responsible for that.

i'd take galois over any of them

>galois
literal one-trick pony

>died when he was 20
dude was destined for greatness

>dude was destined for greatness
why do you think he walked in front of a bullet? he knew he was a one-trick pony

9) Gauss Already Knew - Once upon a time, a mathematician called Abel decided to visit Gauss to talk about a certain discovery he did. When he mentioned his results to Gauss, Gauss took a 10 year old manuscript and showed it to Abel. In that manuscript were the same results Abel had found.

It's also known that Gauss knew about the existence of non-euclidean geometries before its publications by Lobachevsky.

Also, in another letter Gauss commented about Cauchy's Integral Formula before its publication.

It is said that if Gauss published everything he knew, the mathematics of his time would have advanced in 50 years.

This text was written by someone I know some time ago, I had to translate it really fast so there's probably some mistakes there, but I think you can get the grasp of Gauss' accomplishments.

is it true Euler was half black?

([math]\mathbb{Y} [/math] [math]\mathbb{O} [/math] [math]\mathbb{U} [/math]) [math]\mathbb{L} [/math] [math]\mathbb{E} [/math] [math]\mathbb{R} [/math]

([math]\mathbb{O} [/math])

([math]\mathbb{U} [/math])

[math]\mathbb{L} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{E} [/math]

[math]\mathbb{R} [/math]

Imma have to go with Gauss on this one guys, mainly cuz his name sounds the most sci-fi.

Isaac Frederick Euler

EULER LOOKS KANGLIKE

Anglos are rattish brainlets.

why didnt he fucking publish his research then

Lmaoing at your lives.

THIS.

I don't know how to rank Euler and Gauß, but Newton is definitely last.

Newton because he kept himself pure.

uncreative

Because Gauss wasn't a whore and only published things which he believed to have been fully developed and fleshed out and without possibility of being wrong. His motto was pauca sed matura for a reason.

obviously Euler

don't tell me ur a member of the ROYAL Society propaganda arm.

my problem with people saying Euler and Newton is they were christian nutbags

oiler obviously

This

[math]E-U-L-E-R[/math]
[math]U-------E[/math]
[math]L-------L[/math]
[math]E-------U[/math]
[math]R-E-L-U-E[/math]

Why is euler black

[eqn]\texttt{O}\ \ \texttt{I}\ \ \texttt{L}\ \ \texttt{E}\ \ \texttt{R}\\
\texttt{I}\ \ \texttt{L}\ \ \texttt{E}\ \ \texttt{R}\ \ \texttt{O}\\
\texttt{L}\ \ \texttt{E}\ \ \texttt{R}\ \ \texttt{O}\ \ \texttt{I}\\
\texttt{E}\ \ \texttt{R}\ \ \texttt{O}\ \ \texttt{I}\ \ \texttt{L}\\
\texttt{R}\ \ \texttt{O}\ \ \texttt{I}\ \ \texttt{L}\ \ \texttt{E}\\[/eqn]

gauss>euler>newton

just mathematically speaking, gauss was by far the most gifted of the three. Euler was more prolific but that doesn't matter.

Oiler

WE

>He solved a millennial problem at the age of 18.
a millenial problem is how to eat avocado toast every day.
A millenium problem is something that has been around gor 1000 years or so and only a math monk could solve.

[math]\LaTeX[/math] didn't exist back then sweetheart.

Germanics are not white.

How can anyone think gauss > euler?
You pea brains don't understand genius. Euler can't, and won't ever be approached by anyone else in terms of raw genius nor level of insight.

Newton, the rest are just a corollary

>this was a guy that believed in alchemy and biblical numerology, guy wasn't that bright to be honest

Have you ever heard the story of Darth Gauss? A math user so powerful he could bend polygons